BMW X2 sDrive20i & Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum

Mockngbrd

Ya agreed think T4 OMV is around $22-$24K depending on variant whereas the X2 1.5l has a $37k OMV. Quite a whopping difference! I always wonder why all Volvo cars including their flagship s90 has such low OMVs?

Omv 24k n selling 140+k?!

Is it under neutral band?

↡ Advertisement

I think t4 after all thr discount can get 150k or below iirc?

direct discount?

omv 24k means very poor resale value. very high profit.....

Edited by Logtas

Omv 24k n selling 140+k?!

Is it under neutral band?

List price for the base XC40 is $165k but I’m not sure what the discounts are nor the VES band it’s classified under. The BMW x2 1.5l is listed at the same $165k under neutral band.

• Praise 3

Hi Spring, the lower OMV means more of Volvo parts (example leather rtc is done in Singapore) The more items done locally will result in lower OMVs. Hope this help.

Volvo cars in general OMV much lower vs the competition but makes me wonder why this is so when comparing the specs n features. Seems like they undeclared the OMV? Surely LTA won’t be so blind if this is indeed true right?

• Praise 2

Hi Spring, the lower OMV means more of Volvo parts (example leather rtc is done in Singapore) The more items done locally will result in lower OMVs. Hope this help.

I don’t begrudge the low OMV, in fact I welcome it but only if it’s passed down to the buyer ultimately which based on list price, it is not. That’s my quibble.

• Praise 3

The seats in the Volvo are much more comfortable. Bmw x2 seats very stiff.

Volvo make the best seats in the business.too bad can't sat the same thing about their recent cars.

• Praise 1

List price for the base XC40 is $165k but Iâm not sure what the discounts are nor the VES band itâs classified under. The BMW x2 1.5l is listed at the same $165k under neutral band.

I read somewhere in the Volvo thread t5 cost 160+. Hmm not v sure also. But with such a low omv, n u r paying so much , really cannot scrap. Lol
  • Praise 1

Volvo make the best seats in the business.too bad can't sat the same thing about their recent cars.

Their cars r made in china. Isnt it?

• Praise 2

U do a search. Was it geely that manufacture xc40? Which may explains why omv is very low. Lets see the xc40 is indeed what volvo claim that china production is better. Time will tell. But right now it is the best car with all the features that is selling at a absurd price in sg.

Edited by Logtas

Their cars r made in china. Isnt it?

Some of their cars are manufactured in China with certain parts coming from their HQ in Gothenburg,Sweden. While some are produced in Belgium. For example, the XC90 is produced in China with exception of some parts being brought in from Sweden. Another example is the flagship S90. To many,it might surprise them that it is made in China. Ironically, the S90 is shipped back to Europe from China rather than Belgium. I manage to collect this info from the internet. I might be wrong though.

U do a search. Was it geely that manufacture xc40? Which may explains why omv is very low. Lets see the xc40 is indeed what volvo claim that china production is better. Time will tell. But right now it is the best car with all the features that is selling at a absurd price in sg.

Best car?multimedia and infotainment does not make a car good. i believe all cars with an ipad stuck at the dashboard will age terribly. Basic function such as comfort,handling and reliability is the main categories when you look at "best cars" division. Volvo have always been comforting but the latest Consumer Report (in the US) shows that it's gearbox are beginning to show flaws. My personal opinion.