12 Thai boys and their football coach went missing in cave

Camrysfa

Supersonic

Great to hear!

They will be BFFs for life after this ordeal.

Make the team to WC?! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Aiya, system roll lah.. Kar kar hoot lah....

system roll for 24! hmm not a economical lah

seriously I hope they can be out to catch the world cup final. Or our jap/kor/aust/ can give them a signed jersey for their bravery.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

system roll for 24! hmm not a economical lah

seriously I hope they can be out to catch the world cup final. Or our jap/kor/aust/ can give them a signed jersey for their bravery.

i think their Thailand national team signed jersey will be enough for them to be super happy already...
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Ya lor. We hv to see how dangerous it is lor. I didn't allow my daughter to go to her primary school's Jakarta trip few years ago cos I'm scare of bombing.

Sending my 11 years old son off to his school's Penang trip at Changi Airport now. Although Penang is quite safe I'm also worry, can't sleep well last nite.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Sometimes better under supervision then not. Maybe go trekking or such semi adventure type, I wouldn't let. If go trekking, I can bring them along.

when the children grows up, we need to let them go one, actually they perform better when we are not ard.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

My son is simply boh chap when he is with us, everywhere we go he will just follow behind, food suggestion also dont have one, simply switch off.  But from kindergarten till now in sec 1, every teacher will tell us he is a born leader, very independent and able to influence others, and know when to step forward to lead. 

Very different one, so dont worry too much, and learn to let them grow, over protection is never a good thing for the kids. Many times they dont even want it until they are in real serious danger.  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Yup risk assessment n all

Not so easy

Not easy for the school and teachers, the responsibility is huge, esp when they have to face parents like me during briefing.   [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

knock your head...the more style the more money need to deposit with spore pool.

I go oriental style.

Hypersonic

Yup risk assessment n all

Not so easy

Best part is the kids when found asked how many days have passed ??

Supersonic

No different to me, I would still sign and let them go. No school plan for a fail trip, and nobody wants a dangerous trip. Human can take the best precaution but we cannot really predict and fight mother nature. If every parent sign a "NO", then there will be no more trips.

It is part of learning, character and leadership training. There are plane crushes and car accidents, do we stop our kids from flying on holidays or take the bus to school everyday?

BUT, as parents, we must take the responsibility to decide and cancel the trip if something uncertain happens before they take off.

My elder daughter was suppose to leave for an exchange program to Bali last year, and then the volcano erupted 2 weeks before she is to leave. I had a discussion with her, told her my concern and decided to cancel her trip. At that point when I cancelled her trip, the school was still going ahead with plans, and only call it off 2 days before take off.

She was quite sad when I cancelled the trip, although she understand when I was coming from, but could feel how proud she was when she told me the school finally call it off. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

concur on this. although its always a balance between letting go and being overprotective.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Not easy for the school and teachers, the responsibility is huge, esp when they have to face parents like me during briefing.   [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Why is that so? 

You mean the teachers have never met any "mo" before? :XD:

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

when the children grows up, we need to let them go one, actually they perform better when we are not ard. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

My son is simply boh chap when he is with us, everywhere we go he will just follow behind, food suggestion also dont have one, simply switch off. But from kindergarten till now in sec 1, every teacher will tell us he is a born leader, very independent and able to influence others, and know when to step forward to lead.

Very different one, so dont worry too much, and learn to let them grow, over protection is never a good thing for the kids. Many times they dont even want it until they are in real serious danger. [laugh]

You oni Preambree skool go 1, of course your sun is brighter than U
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Why is that so? 

You mean the parents have never met any "mo" before? :XD:

you mean teachers ah?

Of course teachers would have met many difficult parents in their course of work lah. Just that this "mo" is not an unreasonable one, this "mo" is just difficult, because i speak logic and ask for accountability if not done so. Usually is more  towards the discipline matter.  

I mean sometimes, the schools handle discipline matter in a way I really cannot accept, of course that could be because I am quite a flexible "mo" with such issues.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

you mean teachers ah?

Of course teachers would have met many difficult parents in their course of work lah. Just that this "mo" is not an unreasonable one, this "mo" is just difficult, because i speak logic and ask for accountability if not done so. Usually is more  towards the discipline matter.  

I mean sometimes, the schools handle discipline matter in a way I really cannot accept, of course that could be because I am quite a flexible "mo" with such issues.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Oops, you are right! Thanks you Mo! Just in time to edit! :omg:

Edited by Fitvip

Supersonic

you mean teachers ah?

In other words, you are being constructive, which will help the staff in a way!

Hypersonic

In other words, you are being constructive, which will help the staff in a way!

yah, like I said, I can fully understand the difficulties of the teachers, and the huge responsibilities the school and teachers shoulder going through such trips. The last thing i want is to create some more nightmares for them, but sometimes schools look at things from 1 angle only, and is usually from a schools' stand point. Understandable, but time has change, and I think the way schools handle their students will need to change as well. 

I usually will bring up my concern, which are also concerns of most parents, if the school decides against my suggestion, well they have every right, after all they are the ones managing the trip. But if incidents happen, tell me now who is going to be accountable, and usually the school will say if I insist, i will have to sign an indemnity form to declare I take  responsibility, my answer is always, " give me the form".   [:p]

And it is an understanding between my kids and me, I can fight for you, but you better do your part after that.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement