12 Thai boys and their football coach went missing in cave

Camrysfa

If Singaporean kids got stuck in the cave the first thing they ask for when rescued is probably internet. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

That's the different between city and rural folk.

because they are used to that kind of environment, i doubt they were even panic when they were caught in the flooding water into the cave. they will just do something to keep themselves alive and wait for the rescue, hence emotionally they are not affected.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Even though they are found, it will still be a long time before they are really out of the cave. Food supplies and medicine are on their way to them.

The question is, how to get them out through the waters ...

• Praise 4

(edited)

Even though they are found, it will still be a long time before they are really out of the cave. Food supplies and medicine are on their way to them.

as long as can send food and water in.

i think can tahan until water level go down even if cannot come out at the moment.

Edited by Beregond

Hypersonic

I had watched this movie called The 33. Which is about trapped miners in Chile. The extraction is one of the most difficult part of the process, after determining they were still survivor.
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

i think can tahan until water level go down even if cannot come out at the moment.

Read that water subsiding could be a long time, months maybe
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Not easy for the school and teachers, the responsibility is huge, esp when they have to face parents like me during briefing.   [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

So you are one of those "difficult to handle" parents for schools  ......   [sly]

Like to stir ah stir in school .... :omg:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

I had watched this movie called The 33. Which is about trapped miners in Chile. The extraction is one of the most difficult part of the process, after determining they were still survivor.

I was about to mention that. The incident make it to the Guinness World Records too.

Longest time survived trapped underground

150731150617-13-chile-mine-collapse-rest

Quand-les-33-pensaient-au-cannibalisme.j

The longest time survived trapped underground is 69 days by "The 33 of San Jose", (32 Chilean and 1 Bolivian), who were trapped 688 m (2,257 ft) below the surface after the collapse of the San José copper-gold mine, near Copiapó, Chile, on 5 August 2010.

All 33 men made it safely back to the surface via a rescue capsule. The last miner was lifted to safety at 21:55 CLDT on 13 October 2010. A drill was used to reach the miners and then a capsule was lovered down the shaft, winching each miner up individually, with each lift taking around 15 minutes each.

chilean-miners-trapped-452109.jpg
The miners trapped were: Mario Sepúlveda, Juan Illanes, Jimmy Sánchez, Osmán Araya, José Ojeda, Claudio Yáñez, Mario Gómez, Alex Vega, Jorge Galleguillos, Edison Peña, Carlos Barrios, Víctor Zamora, Víctor Segovia, Daniel Herrera, Omar Reygadas, Esteban Rojas, Pablo Rojas, Darío Segovia, Yonni Barrios, Samuel Ávalos, Carlos Bugueño, José Henríquez, Renán Ávalos, Claudio Acuña, Franklin Lobos, Richard Villarroel, Juan Carlos Aguilar, Raúl Bustos, Pedro Cortez, Ariel Ticona Yáñes and Luis Urzúa are all from Chile and Carlos Mamani is from Bolivia.

Given the state of mental and physical health of the 13 trapped, I personally think that as long as there are sufficient water, food and air, they have no problem to wait another few weeks to be out of the cave. The hope of reuniting with their family would keep them going, strong! [nod]  [sunny]  [sunny]
  • Praise 6

Supersonic

I usually will bring up my concern, which are also concerns of most parents, if the school decides against my suggestion, well they have every right, after all they are the ones managing the trip. But if incidents happen, tell me now who is going to be accountable, and usually the school will say if I insist, i will have to sign an indemnity form to declare I take  responsibility, my answer is always, " give me the form".   [:p]

Nowadays, for external activities, they must do the RAM and indemnity and consent forms. 

i remember this movie too. pretty intense. incredible to believe it's actually a true story. hope the boys and coach will make it out alive. heard they are going to train them how to dive too. perhaps just in case they can't pump out the water fast enough.

• Praise 2

As long as they stay dry . . it should be fine.  [:)]  [flowerface]

Kor lian dai. They looked very skinny after 10 days, but mentally very strong and very mature. Someone even very calmly asked what day was it, without sunlight they couldn't tell how many days have past but have persevere. These boys are going to grow up to be very strong minds and souls. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

So many days in the dark . . . should be a bit dis-orientated. Best to let them out at night . . . the glare of the sun may hurt the eyes  :mellow:

Hypersonic

That's why I always say it is important to expose our kids to at least a certain level of outdoor risks and nature. Knowing about the dangers, learning to respect the dangers, and finding out about our own limits. Let their survival instincts kick in under relatively safe environment with supervision so they know how it's like.

During NS, you can already see many city kids just follow instructions blindly without watching out for own safety.

It's like if a person has never drank before, he will never know his own limits and keep drinking until he throws up.

I agree 110%. The more you let go, the more they force themselves to grow up and think independently. When they feel safe with their parents, they will not think on their own. I seen it in all my kids, and my nephews. So the best is to let go in relatively safe environment, so they get more chances to be on their own, let them learn from small small mistakes. Later in life, they will meet with even bigger challenges and risks.

Nowadays, all secondary are exposing the sec 3 via ourward bound. Heard from my son the 3 days is really rough.

Twincharged

Best part is the kids when found asked how many days have passed ??

Cos the cave is dark, they can't see anything, dun know day or nite.  Saw the a picture drawn by Thai tourism board - 3 boys went to hug the divers when they found them.

• Praise 3

Now they are saying it will take months to get the boys out and they intend to bring to them food supplies for 4 months!! WTH . . .  :yuush:

↡ Advertisement