• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am wondering whether there are heavy duty curtains which can prevent rain and elements getting into the balcony where my washing machine resides? My balcony is only 1 meter deep so any rain would get it wet. At times when it rains badly I have to cover up the power outlet also for safety because curtain flies around. 

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Look for tarpaulin. some shops at King George Avenue may sell.

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

Juzzme
  • Premium member
    Juzzme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am wondering whether there are heavy duty curtains which can prevent rain and elements getting into the balcony where my washing machine resides? My balcony is only 1 meter deep so any rain would get it wet. At times when it rains badly I have to cover up the power outlet also for safety because curtain flies around.

Google “Altex Securezip”. It’s a new type of fabric blind with zipper mechanism at the sides to secure it. Won’t flap about in strong winds and offers a good degree of water resistance in heavy rain. Do check with your condo MC prior to installation though. Ask the vendor also if it is “URA friendly”.

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ziptrack - very costly but may be a good solution.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This better? https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/B0721DC4XV

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remember when i visited Gold Coast in Australia, quite a number of the alfresco eateries near the coast lines, all had these thick rubbery transparent covers on the side, that will cover the eateries on all 3 sides, with the remaining side leading into the concrete/built-up area. The covers are all connected at the side by zips, maybe to the floor too.

I figured they must be made to withstand strong winds and rains (cos they face the pacific ocean leh...), so those might be suitable for you.

Unfortunately I've no idea what they're called or whether they're available here in SG...

Camrysfa praised this

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I rem U ... so U got your new place ? 

Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

We've used these and they kept out rain even when windy.

https://blindssingap.../bamboo-blinds/

We used them in our condo balcony because they gave a local feel to the place.

Edited by Neutrino, 02 July 2018 - 07:02 PM.

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:20 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thank you all. 

Another question. 

In the states if one hires a freelancer to mow the lawn or trim a tree and get injured, the home owner will be in big trouble paying off the treatment. 

How about in Singapore? If you hire somebody online to repair your curtain or aircon and he got injured or fall down, who would pay for that? Worst still SG has so many high rise. 

thank you! that is nice.

the real reason is i want to put clothes to dry and not stay home and wait. 

I rem U ... so U got your new place ? 

yah. ha. ha. 

congrat me! 

We've used these and they kept out rain even when windy.

https://blindssingap.../bamboo-blinds/

We used them in our condo balcony because they gave a local feel to the place.

nice too. though unable to keep mosquito's out.

Edited by golden_eagle, 02 July 2018 - 10:22 PM.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank you all.
Another question.

In the states if one hires a freelancer to mow the lawn or trim a tree and get injured, the home owner will be in big trouble paying off the treatment.

How about in Singapore? If you hire somebody online to repair your curtain or aircon and he got injured or fall down, who would pay for that? Worst still SG has so many high rise.

thank you! that is nice.

the real reason is i want to put clothes to dry and not stay home and wait.

yah. ha. ha.
congrat me!

nice too. though unable to keep mosquito's out.

In sg .. company of work covers with insurance.

Congratulations to youe new place 😁
Spring praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    Author Image

There is a condo called Rosewood Suite. I kinda wondering whether the roof is made of sheet metal or normal construction materials? It must be musically noisy if it's sheet metal and when it rains lightly. Any nice souls can help confirm? 

Edited by golden_eagle, 08 July 2018 - 12:52 PM.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

bhagat001
  • bhagat001
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i suggest you Ziptrack, its still expensive but best 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    Author Image

i suggest you Ziptrack, its still expensive but best 

Nice, can see outside. Can people outside see inside the house? 

I saw some condos have semitransparent black curtains where one can see vaguely opposite HDBs 20 meters away, wondering whether the HDB can see inside the condo? 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

like this?

:D

window_sex_couple.jpg

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    Author Image

This is dark inside so people outside wont see well. 

like this?

:D

window_sex_couple.jpg

Jamesc praised this

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: curtain, blinds, weather, heavy and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users