Heavy and rain proof curtains/blinder recommendations?

golden_eagle

I am wondering whether there are heavy duty curtains which can prevent rain and elements getting into the balcony where my washing machine resides? My balcony is only 1 meter deep so any rain would get it wet. At times when it rains badly I have to cover up the power outlet also for safety because curtain flies around. 

↡ Advertisement

I am wondering whether there are heavy duty curtains which can prevent rain and elements getting into the balcony where my washing machine resides? My balcony is only 1 meter deep so any rain would get it wet. At times when it rains badly I have to cover up the power outlet also for safety because curtain flies around.

Google “Altex Securezip”. It’s a new type of fabric blind with zipper mechanism at the sides to secure it. Won’t flap about in strong winds and offers a good degree of water resistance in heavy rain. Do check with your condo MC prior to installation though. Ask the vendor also if it is “URA friendly”.

I remember when i visited Gold Coast in Australia, quite a number of the alfresco eateries near the coast lines, all had these thick rubbery transparent covers on the side, that will cover the eateries on all 3 sides, with the remaining side leading into the concrete/built-up area. The covers are all connected at the side by zips, maybe to the floor too.

I figured they must be made to withstand strong winds and rains (cos they face the pacific ocean leh...), so those might be suitable for you.

Unfortunately I've no idea what they're called or whether they're available here in SG...

• Praise 1

I rem U ... so U got your new place ? 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thank you all. 

Another question. 

In the states if one hires a freelancer to mow the lawn or trim a tree and get injured, the home owner will be in big trouble paying off the treatment. 

How about in Singapore? If you hire somebody online to repair your curtain or aircon and he got injured or fall down, who would pay for that? Worst still SG has so many high rise. 

thank you! that is nice.

the real reason is i want to put clothes to dry and not stay home and wait. 

I rem U ... so U got your new place ? 

yah. ha. ha. 

congrat me! 

We've used these and they kept out rain even when windy.

https://blindssingapore.net/bamboo-blinds/

We used them in our condo balcony because they gave a local feel to the place.

nice too. though unable to keep mosquito's out.

Edited by golden_eagle

Thank you all.

Another question.

In the states if one hires a freelancer to mow the lawn or trim a tree and get injured, the home owner will be in big trouble paying off the treatment.

How about in Singapore? If you hire somebody online to repair your curtain or aircon and he got injured or fall down, who would pay for that? Worst still SG has so many high rise.

thank you! that is nice.

the real reason is i want to put clothes to dry and not stay home and wait.

yah. ha. ha.

congrat me!

nice too. though unable to keep mosquito's out.

In sg .. company of work covers with insurance.

Congratulations to youe new place

• Praise 2

(edited)

There is a condo called Rosewood Suite. I kinda wondering whether the roof is made of sheet metal or normal construction materials? It must be musically noisy if it's sheet metal and when it rains lightly. Any nice souls can help confirm? 

Edited by golden_eagle

Neutral Newbie

i suggest you Ziptrack, its still expensive but best 

i suggest you Ziptrack, its still expensive but best 

Nice, can see outside. Can people outside see inside the house? 

I saw some condos have semitransparent black curtains where one can see vaguely opposite HDBs 20 meters away, wondering whether the HDB can see inside the condo?