WORX Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner

i use pail, cloth and car wash detergent method. From soaping to rinsing to drying, it takes at least 40 mins.

how much time it takes by the hydroshot method?

↡ Advertisement

Saw this before I bought my Orange Hydroshot but I do not need such powerful hydroshot for normal car wash.  [:p]

Not sure.. but sometimes those dirt clumps might be hard to drop off, if the pressure isnt strong enuff..  maybe diff pple diff requirements.

i use pail, cloth and car wash detergent method. From soaping to rinsing to drying, it takes at least 40 mins.

how much time it takes by the hydroshot method?

Wow.. Thats fast... 2bucket way usually takes me 1.5hrs, and that excludes interior vacuuming  [dizzy]

I'll check too, even the thread seem weird. I think the best way is to mix the 800ml shampoo into a 1000 ml bottle and put into the 400ml hydroshot foam bottle. Spray once and refill again if 400ml is not enough... Anymore ideas?

Another way is to get a pressurized sprayer with foam attachment.

I just bought a 2ltr foam spray last Sat. Ordered online and self collect at Kranji Loop.

Mine was last one in stock and no idea when new stock will come in.

saw this new one but it costs a lot more than the original one.

the newer one seems to be much less portable comparing to the original one. pressure wise seems not much diff too

The handle would be heavier due to additional battery ... [grin]

450 psi, 320 psi, don't make much difference in spray form. I am on a 4.0 battery and the weight is max for me already. Btw... If you switch to a 360 nozzle on 320 version, it does increase the regular water pressure, very good for spot cleaning.

Manage to borrow an Orange Hydroshot with 5.0aH battery.. Manage to last my Ride + another Honda Civic still got 1/4 bar left.. Foam gun was runny, but sufficient to get the job done.

Stubborn brake dust on my ride was able to shoot out at 0 degree Nozzle.

Have not been washing my ride since CNY

post-34817-0-54096300-1553400149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maomao82

Manage to borrow an Orange Hydroshot with 5.0aH battery.. Manage to last my Ride + another Honda Civic still got 1/4 bar left.. Foam gun was runny, but sufficient to get the job done.

Stubborn brake dust on my ride was able to shoot out at 0 degree Nozzle.

Have not been washing my ride since CNY ð¤£

Looks like I'm ready to my own Hydroshot

Great! Welcome to the club! I am using the 4.0 batt and always left with 2 bars even after intensive spraying at 2 vehicle. My friend using the 2.0 batt and never once get flat for washing a car. I guess the batt really holding charge well. As for foam spray, you have to use shampoo that is suitable for foam spray. The only lacking is the small 400ml foam bottle... Not enough to cover every inch of a cae. If anyone know of any bottle that hold 700ml or more and able to fit the foam lance, kindly share the info. Cheers!

Hello all, first post here!  [laugh]

I wash my family car every 2-3 weeks so you can imagine the effort taken to remove the accumulated dirt (don't ask me why I'm the only one washing..). I've been looking for a battery/hand-held washer since we can't legally use the HDB carpark's outlet and I don't like the idea of using car battery washers too. 

Any bros here have experience with both Xiaomi Jimmy vs Worx Hydroshot (Orange 2.0 Batt to be fair)?

I used to use a car-battery washer and I tend to use a lot of water to try and get as much dirt off as I can before hand-washing so - (with my washing style) if I were to get the Hydroshot, is it worth to buy OEM batteries (2 batts going for $5x-70, which is cheaper than originals)? 

Oh and what about toilet cleaning? Is it able to remove the grime stuck between tiles? Need more justification to the lady boss otherwise will get nagged for buying too many gadgets haha  [smash]

Hello all, first post here!  [laugh]

I wash my family car every 2-3 weeks so you can imagine the effort taken to remove the accumulated dirt (don't ask me why I'm the only one washing..). I've been looking for a battery/hand-held washer since we can't legally use the HDB carpark's outlet and I don't like the idea of using car battery washers too. 

Any bros here have experience with both Xiaomi Jimmy vs Worx Hydroshot (Orange 2.0 Batt to be fair)?

I used to use a car-battery washer and I tend to use a lot of water to try and get as much dirt off as I can before hand-washing so - (with my washing style) if I were to get the Hydroshot, is it worth to buy OEM batteries (2 batts going for $5x-70, which is cheaper than originals)? 

Oh and what about toilet cleaning? Is it able to remove the grime stuck between tiles? Need more justification to the lady boss otherwise will get nagged for buying too many gadgets haha  [smash]

Morning

Depending on where you stay ?

If bungalow, just buy a hose will do. But if HDB, then buy Worx (green) with 4.0 Amp battery. 2.0 amp battery will last you only 15 minutes whereas 4.0 amp last 30 minutes of continue spraying. :mellow:

You need two 4.0 amp batteries cos you are washing 2 cars. One battery wouldn't last for 2 cars with two week wash once situation.  

That's my view ... :want:

The original 4.0a battery can last 2 car washes with heavy spraying... I double wash each car and still ended with 1 bar or 2, a 4.0a full charge is 4 bars btw. If afraid of battery dying, there's a 5.0a and the weight don't seem much heavier than the 4.0a.

Thanks for all the replies bros

I stay in HDB but open-air carpark, so I usually drive to a nearby MSCP to do my car wash. Usually will wash with colleagues/friends, so will share the Hydroshot with them too la. Then that's where the battery capacity anxiety comes in, will be a big mood kill  [:|] when spray halfway then run out of juice. Also quite sian-ed to hear that washing in open-air carpark is technically illegal  [hur]

Anyway just an update, I placed an order on lazada for orange hydroshot 2.0a cos of flash sale (sgd179 i think). Hope to try to soon!  [bounce2]

Seems like most bros here bought extra batteries or zhng till 4.0 or even 5.0 ones. I saw some OEM 2.0a batteries going for sgd50-70 for 2 batteries (depending on ecommerce site discount) whereas local sellers are selling 1x 2.0a at sgd80. Not sure if I should chance it, or anybody tried OEM batts before? (can pm me if don't wanna post here too  [wave])

Edited by huuami

Bought the worx hydroshot and been using for a month now. Can wash the whole exterior with one pail of water. Great. Just bought the Worx blower to dry the car after washing. Now can do the whole car in less than 20 min. Sometimes technology helps.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2