WORX Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner

See this video:

Can buy similar from Aliexpress

Just ensure it's a 1/4" fitting.

Bro the wrox soap dispenser is more than sufficient to wash the car. It does not dilute the soap and water is not pumped into the dispenser as you wash the car. As such if you put in half a bottle of concentrated soap is is more than enough for one car.

↡ Advertisement

Bro the wrox soap dispenser is more than sufficient to wash the car. It does not dilute the soap and water is not pumped into the dispenser as you wash the car. As such if you put in half a bottle of concentrated soap is is more than enough for one car.

Bro, you never mixed with water? You fill up the worx bottle with 200ml concentrate shampoo???

Bought the worx hydroshot and been using for a month now. Can wash the whole exterior with one pail of water. Great. Just bought the Worx blower to dry the car after washing. Now can do the whole car in less than 20 min. Sometimes technology helps.

The blower really can dry the car easily? Hmm, tempting

Bro, you never mixed with water? You fill up the worx bottle with 200ml concentrate shampoo???

Bro the water hydroshot will mix with the concentrated shampoo to wash the car. the amount is very little. however it is your choice if you want to add some water. Cheers

The blower really can dry the car easily? Hmm, tempting

Yes bro tried, no more water marks from the cloth.  

Buying it from Lazada.my is better. you can get the combined set with 3 batteries, i think about RM1k

Bro the water hydroshot will mix with the concentrated shampoo to wash the car. the amount is very little. however it is your choice if you want to add some water. Cheers

Yes bro tried, no more water marks from the cloth.

Buying it from Lazada.my is better. you can get the combined set with 3 batteries, i think about RM1k

I am seeing there are 2 different models green and orange blower at tb. Green seem smaller and easier to handle

Woah blower! I'm just a weekend carwash guy, so don't think I'll go so deep into it.

Anyway, my plan to use hydroshot will be:

1. Rinse wheel/rims with hydroshot then use rim cleaner + scrub

2. Rinse whole car with hydroshot 

3. Use 2 bucket method to apply shampoo

- Reason why I don't want use soap dispenser is that I feel kind of waste of soap?

4. A long rinse off with hydroshot 

5. Dry with drying towels

So basically gonna use hydroshot for rinsing, should have enough battery for another motorbike or even a smaller car.

Morning

Depending on where you stay ?

If bungalow, just buy a hose will do. But if HDB, then buy Worx (green) with 4.0 Amp battery. 2.0 amp battery will last you only 15 minutes whereas 4.0 amp last 30 minutes of continue spraying. :mellow:

You need two 4.0 amp batteries cos you are washing 2 cars. One battery wouldn't last for 2 cars with two week wash once situation.  

That's my view ... :want:

the 5.0aH lasted for my 1 SUV + 1 Honda Civic .. with 1 bar left .. fyi my car was last washed during CNY.. and the conti brake dust gao gao until my silver rims become grey literally.. and my friend was teaching & demo to me how to wash with the hydroshot.. so a lot of duplicate sprays...especially on using 0 degree to wash the rims

post-34817-0-60577100-1553791928.png

0 deg is good for pinpoint cleaning. You have to try attaching a turbo nozzle. It will increase the overall pressure and save time cleaning the wheel and stubborn dirt.

Woah blower! I'm just a weekend carwash guy, so don't think I'll go so deep into it.

- Reason why I don't want use soap dispenser is that I feel kind of waste of soap?

So basically gonna use hydroshot for rinsing, should have enough battery for another motorbike or even a smaller car.

The most tired part is to twist dry the towel. So if blower can dry up the car easily, this could save time and effort to wash car.

0 deg is good for pinpoint cleaning. You have to try attaching a turbo nozzle. It will increase the overall pressure and save time cleaning the wheel and stubborn dirt.

The most tired part is to twist dry the towel. So if blower can dry up the car easily, this could save time and effort to wash car.

what model is yr dryer? and damage?

the 5.0aH lasted for my 1 SUV + 1 Honda Civic .. with 1 bar left .. fyi my car was last washed during CNY.. and the conti brake dust gao gao until my silver rims become grey literally.. and my friend was teaching & demo to me how to wash with the hydroshot.. so a lot of duplicate sprays...especially on using 0 degree to wash the rims

post-21853-0-74930100-1553814160.jpg

I am seeing there are 2 different models green and orange blower at tb. Green seem smaller and easier to handle

Bro as i understand, you cannot share the battery between green and yellow models. Personally I would prefer the green one as the battery is stronger and last longer.

From my experience it’s worth spending money buying more towels if u wash ur car regularly. I personally have 4 sets of car washing gear (microfiber towels and wash mitts). I use 1 set a week when I wash the car. I wash them all once a month. I like this system because I don’t need to worry about running out of cloths.

For drying I have 2-3 large 80 x 40cm microfiber towels which suck up the water. 2 towels enough for 1 car. Only need to wring maybe once. Just drag over one time and it’s dry. Might be as fast as a blower?

Supercharged

Even those high pressure high output foam cannon that people use they also mix their car shampoo with water..

try dilute your car shampoo and give it a try.. you may be surprised that you don't need the full concentrated volume. 

for a weekend carwash guy, your effort also not simple!

From my experience itâs worth spending money buying more towels if u wash ur car regularly. I personally have 4 sets of car washing gear (microfiber towels and wash mitts). I use 1 set a week when I wash the car. I wash them all once a month. I like this system because I donât need to worry about running out of cloths.

For drying I have 2-3 large 80 x 40cm microfiber towels which suck up the water. 2 towels enough for 1 car. Only need to wring maybe once. Just drag over one time and itâs dry. Might be as fast as a blower?

Yes. I agree with having more towels can work faster. I am thinking blower can actually clear out the water at jam (hatchback), fender, inner wheels, back of carplate, areas that hardly reach or can't reach by towels.

Which blower brand and model you looking at?

Yes. I agree with having more towels can work faster. I am thinking blower can actually clear out the water at jam (hatchback), fender, inner wheels, back of carplate, areas that hardly reach or can't reach by towels.

Even those high pressure high output foam cannon that people use they also mix their car shampoo with water..

try dilute your car shampoo and give it a try.. you may be surprised that you don't need the full concentrated volume. 

for a weekend carwash guy, your effort also not simple!

Thought that's the normal routine for most bros here. My car is still pretty (close to 1 year) new but due to washing at petrol stations for a few months (cos I was lazy), I realised I'm getting a lot of swirls and even deeper scratches than has to be polished off in the future! Hopefully I'll be more diligent in washing my car regularly with the hydroshot.

Planning to wash my car 2-3 more times to remove the synthetic wax layer I've applied during the last wash. Didn't apply it properly (soft 99 kiwami dark wax) cos I was rushing for time and ended up having an uneven shine + might have introduced a few scratches  [bigcry]. Gonna switch to liquid wax in the future cos I overestimated my own patience with hard wax hahaha! Considering to go for a proper car wash & paint correction session after my wax layer is depleted

From my experience it’s worth spending money buying more towels if u wash ur car regularly. I personally have 4 sets of car washing gear (microfiber towels and wash mitts). I use 1 set a week when I wash the car. I wash them all once a month. I like this system because I don’t need to worry about running out of cloths.

For drying I have 2-3 large 80 x 40cm microfiber towels which suck up the water. 2 towels enough for 1 car. Only need to wring maybe once. Just drag over one time and it’s dry. Might be as fast as a blower?

Bro, any recommendations for drying towel? I've bought those cheapo microfibre from ezbuy/qoo10 and seriously quite useless, I've to wring at least twice per panel! Usually by the time I'm done with one side of the car, the other side is already starting to dry & form water marks :(. Honestly the amount of money spent on those lousy quality towels could have been saved and spent on a 1x good one towel!

I've put an order for meguiar's water magnet towel ($20+) and have yet to try. Hoping to have a cheaper alternative because I think 1x towel won't be enough too.

Bro, any recommendations for drying towel? I've bought those cheapo microfibre from ezbuy/qoo10 and seriously quite useless, I've to wring at least twice per panel! Usually by the time I'm done with one side of the car, the other side is already starting to dry & form water marks :(. Honestly the amount of money spent on those lousy quality towels could have been saved and spent on a 1x good one towel!

I've put an order for meguiar's water magnet towel ($20+) and have yet to try. Hoping to have a cheaper alternative because I think 1x towel won't be enough too.

Yeah hard to find quality towels. I bought a bunch from aliexpress. Similar to Meguiar's water magnet towel but maybe only 50% as good. So end up using more.

I have 1 X meguiar's water magnet. It's good. I think if you have 2 can dry the whole car without wringing (half car = 1 towel). 

If I can be bothered I also use Turtle Wax & Dry spray. It's a spray wax which can be used without drying the car. Helps give a bit more shine + repels water to make drying easier.

After washing my car weekly for some time, I realise it's best not to get too particular about anything. Don't need to spend 2-3 hrs cleaning. The moment you drive out the car is gonna get dirty again anyway heh.  Have all your equipment together in a bucket and have multiple cloths for convenience. Just wash as best as you can, dry as best as you can.