Philippines basketball brawl

Thaiyotakamli

U forgot about rugby, American football, hockey, ice hockey and WWE?

They call rugby a gentleman game, they dun fight.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

U forgot about rugby, American football, hockey, ice hockey and WWE?

Those sports also might ended up brawl ah!?  [sweatdrop]  Looks like sports people have too much energy to spare la.

Ice hockey? No fight cannot end game.

I think Ice Hockey if no fight for the whole game, the spectators will invade the rink and hantum the players.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I think the washout made the filipino player pekcek, resulting in unsporting behaviour. Not that I condone the Aussie, but the pinoy deserved it  <_<

In sports, you want to give, must also accept. My amateur mantra  :D

i agree with you........i find the entire filipino team fought very hard in the fracas...they are laying hands on any aussie within their reach.

the australian guy may have started it by overreacting but the rest of the aussie guys were trying to stop the fight until they were hammered by the rest of the filipino guys.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Those sports also might ended up brawl ah!?  [sweatdrop]  Looks like sports people have too much energy to spare la.

WWE best lah !!

if you go see how the pinoys play basketball in the hdb heartland basketball court, you will be least surprised by their aggressiveness shown here.

They are very competitive and shows little sportmanship while playing against other teams.

• Praise 1

if you go see how the pinoys play basketball in the hdb heartland basketball court, you will be least surprised by their aggressiveness shown here.

They are very competitive and shows little sportmanship while playing against other teams.

I dont like Basketball. Touch a bit, foul. Shoulder to shoulder, foul. Thatz why i gave up. Prefer football a lot more.

• Praise 2

I dont like Basketball. Touch a bit, foul. Shoulder to shoulder, foul. Thatz why i gave up. Prefer football a lot more.

Too many stoppages. Me no like too.

The world cup with the use of VAR is crap too. Spoil the whole game.

Supercharged

hehe haven't played against them.  but recently had very bad experience with a filipino cso manning the jetstar hotline.  she was very aggressive and downright condescending.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

hehe basketball much better spectator sport i feel.....football games, most times you can only see long periods of passing around and showboating...even parking the bus is very common.  in basketball, you have the shot clock rule and the 10 seconds (to cross the half court) rule, that makes the teams much more committed to go forward or at least don't waste time.  even the 3-sec rule, which works along somewhat same principle as offside rule, is much better rule to have for the game.  for football, the offside rule has created so much controversy depending on referees' interpretation of whether the offside player is interfering with play or not.  korea almost didn't get the goal they scored against germany in the recent game due to fallout of the offside rule again

as a player i also feel basketball is better.....no hardcore shirt tugging, no wrestling moves, no clandestine maiming manoeuvres (ramos zham salah in champs league final?) etc.......bcos the court is smaller, players know it is much harder to escape the eyes of referees.  and their use of VAR is many times more professional than football one.  you hardly can complain about losing interest in the game when they stopped it for a while to look at the video.  with regards the complaints about frequent stoppages, that's because basketball game rules stop the clock when the ball is out of bounds.  if you think of it this way, it is much fairer than football where no team will gain unfair advantage by time wasting.  furthermore, the basketball stop is also because of timeout because the coach typically designs plays or rallies their players when they call the timeout.  players tend to play better or there may be some spectacular streaks or goals after the time out.  it makes the game more interesting, no less interesting. 

as a spectactor and as a player, i am less interested in controversies but more supportive of the principle that the better team wins.  in football, this doesn't always happen due to the referees or the rules.  even when not due to the referees, it could be the more organised team or the luckier team wins a football match as well.  but in basketball, all the time the better shooting team (whether with more shots attempted or better accuracy) wins.

Edited by Acemundo

Too many stoppages. Me no like too.

The world cup with the use of VAR is crap too. Spoil the whole game.

the ideal of the VAR  is good , 

but i think use wrongly.

the ref watching the var should have as much right to make a decision as the ref on the ground.

for example he spot a foul , it should be a pen,

he should have the right to make the decision and correct the ref on the ground.

then the ref on the ground dun need to run to check VAR again.

like that game will be much smoother.

he can correct any mistake or fouls that escape the ground ref.

now i see many mistake, but got var also didnt point out,

• Praise 1

the ideal of the VAR  is good , 

but i think use wrongly.

the ref watching the var should have as much right to make a decision as the ref on the ground.

for example he spot a foul , it should be a pen,

he should have the right to make the decision and correct the ref on the ground.

then the ref on the ground dun need to run to check VAR again.

like that game will be much smoother.

he can correct any mistake or fouls that escape the ground ref.

now i see many mistake, but got var also didnt point out,

i believe the gist of the use of VAR is on the onus of the ref on the pitch to make all decisions. Any wrong decision he has to shoulder all the blames.

like sepp blatter  says, football is a simple game, lets keep it that way.

look at maradona, his hand of God is still very much talk about after all theses years. Thats the beauty of football.

i believe the gist of the use of VAR is on the onus of the ref on the pitch to make all decisions. Any wrong decision he has to shoulder all the blames.

like sepp blatter  says, football is a simple game, lets keep it that way.

look at maradona, his hand of God is still very much talk about after all theses years. Thats the beauty of football.

ya. actually i dun like VAR also.

but if want to use should use properly. 

now is use 1/2 plus 6 like that  , make thing worst.