Strange neighbour dispute

Jman888

Supersonic

I think the person mentioned that once the speaker on, the neighbor stopped making noise.

Maybe might not work for all people? But still can try la.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

U gonna try? Let me know the results ya? Thanks in advance wor..

Dont think i will try la.

Supersonic

I complained to them direct countless times but to no avail. Call police to intervene to no avail. Went to "meet the pple session" to no avail. Request for joint mediation also rejected by my neighbours. Hdb certainly wont intervene. Otherwise, my problem would have been minimised. Nowadays power tools operating at 12.30am also have. I think i ran out of options already. Anyone can help? Legal ways pls..

Call police don't work?

I called the police before because the bugger below keep blasting his hi fi for a few nights in the midnight.

Police came, and talked to the person unit.

Stopped after that.

Turbocharged

i used to have a pet that whenever it climbed up and down the staircase at home, its paws would make a very distinctive click clack sound.

It died recently and whenever i'm home and its quiet, i would still hear that click clack sound. Each time it happened it spooked me and I would stare at the stairs expecting to see it.

Then I realised the sound would happen only when someone is in the bathroom upstairs. Turns out there are pipes under the stairs and when someone flushes, the water surge would make the click clack sound.

Turbocharged

there are existing noise pollution law under NEA guideline. do check tgeir website because most times mata kids won't know what to do.

there are also free apps to download into your phone to measure sound level. you can use them as evidence when making report. 

most people will react if younconfront them. however, if thebpolice take action, they are more likely to comply. it is just the police boys don't know what to do. 

• Praise 1

there are existing noise pollution law under NEA guideline. do check tgeir website because most times mata kids won't know what to do.

there are also free apps to download into your phone to measure sound level. you can use them as evidence when making report. 

most people will react if younconfront them. however, if thebpolice take action, they are more likely to comply. it is just the police boys don't know what to do. 

What do those police boys don't know?

Supersonic

Call police don't work?

I called the police before because the bugger below keep blasting his hi fi for a few nights in the midnight.

Police came, and talked to the person unit.

Stopped after that.

I believe still depend on the individual person whether he/she listens. Heard so many story before even police came and yet the noise created by the neighbour still unsolved.

Supersonic

I believe still depend on the individual person whether he/she listens. Heard so many story before even police came and yet the noise created by the neighbour still unsolved.

Then keep calling.

Let the authorities do their job.

If police cannot resolve, can use their records and escalate to HDB.

The thing is, informed authorities many times but to no avail.. Those apps downloaded not counted 1.. Its not even calibrated so it cannot be used as evidence against neighbours. Even if I have it, it wont help too cos the noises are not continuous.

My neighbours has been confronted many times but no improvement at all.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i happen to fsce a similar situation but my neighbor is living next door. she play a particular 'song' repeatedly over the entire day and she place the player at her backyard, not inside her own house.

her intension is good. to share good gosel. but imagine you hear this even when you go to bed when she stop playing hahaha. it is 'brain washing'.

say nicely she tune down then slowly tune up. got hold of our nice mata kia to help. they told me it is within own house ok cannot do anything. so need to share info about noise polution. 

with their help, it stopped. but of course habits difficult to change or just in the mind. occasionally do come back but has since stopped. 

Did you went up to your neighbour to tell them they have woken your kids up? I am still thinking should i pay a visit to my neighbor upstairs to remind them that they are disturbing others, or complain to HDB and let them handle?  [rolleyes]

get an air-horn .

• Praise 1

Supersonic

i happen to fsce a similar situation but my neighbor is living next door. she play a particular 'song' repeatedly over the entire day and she place the player at her backyard, not inside her own house.

her intension is good. to share good gosel. but imagine you hear this even when you go to bed when she stop playing hahaha. it is 'brain washing'.

say nicely she tune down then slowly tune up. got hold of our nice mata kia to help. they told me it is within own house ok cannot do anything. so need to share info about noise polution. 

with their help, it stopped. but of course habits difficult to change or just in the mind. occasionally do come back but has since stopped. 

counter her with buddhist chanting lor.

confirm she will come over and make peace.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

counter her with buddhist chanting lor.

confirm she will come over and make peace.

no lah, 2 wrongs don't make it right. her ignorance we must embrace. but seriously, listening to a same song over the whole day is very bad for health. it keeps playing in your mind even without the song.

understsnd during communist days, they do that to brain wash you haha

• Praise 1

no lah, 2 wrongs don't make it right. her ignorance we must embrace. but seriously, listening to a same song over the whole day is very bad for health. it keeps playing in your mind even without the song.

understsnd during communist days, they do that to brain wash you haha

Maybe you should go over and ask her, skali she say she never play any music in her house [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Maybe you should go over and ask her, skali she say she never play any music in her house [sweatdrop]

as a matter of fact she didn't but at her backyeard for the neighborhood to listen hahaha. no lah, she is just misguided  forgive and forget. we. are good neighbors 

Twincharged
go to the url and decide for yourself if the makeovers are an eyesore or not ??

A neighbours’ spat is brewing in the playground for the rich and famous at Sentosa Cove, with some residents protesting over how one billionaire’s landscaping work has been allowed to encroach into common space belonging to the gated community.

They are also upset at the design of several of his houses — one resembles a futuristic temple flanked by two 4m-tall statues of the Egyptian god Anubis, while another has a prehistoric theme based on the Flintstones cartoon.

But other residents have rallied behind the billionaire’s efforts to beautify the neighbourhood. They claim that the estate management had neglected the common land in dispute, and decried the complainants for kicking up a fuss over personal vendettas.

Quite nice leh, got free theme park  [laugh] .

I still prefer the resident though

flowers.jpg

Look like flower  [gorgeous]  :a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1