Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

I've had no issue the first 6 months but recently, got a couple of times the blank screen.

I'm wondering if it's the iOS app (CP) updates that got this issue rolling.

I have experienced blank screens on the HU and the only way to solve this problem is restarting the engine.

Has anyone else resolved this with updating the latest software?  Is it a simple install in USB and plug and play to do so?

Grateful your advise.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I've had no issue the first 6 months but recently, got a couple of times the blank screen.

I'm wondering if it's the iOS app (CP) updates that got this issue rolling.

Thanks Reo, I am wondering if I should update my software?

Also, after downloading the software, it seems it is a zip file.

After unzipped, there are a host of other folders and files... can someone be kind to advise the steps to update the software ?

Thanks.

Just to update. The HuaWei mate 20 pro is working fine with Pioneer Z9150BT via the usbc cable. The sound is better with the cable than Bluetooth also.

Is this placebo effect? My impression was that audio goes via Bluetooth even with cable connected

Is this placebo effect? My impression was that audio goes via Bluetooth even with cable connected

Try turn off your Bluetooth when connect with cable then you know if the audio is by Bluetooth or cable :)

I think the different largely due to the bt protocol being used.

The last time I updated was quite a while back.  Is the update you're talking about newer ?  I got the download earlier from Pioneer Singapore.  Can't recall how to update but I'm sure it's very simple.

I'll check out all my above questions later.  Anyways, where did you get the firmware update from ?

After unzipped, there are a host of other folders and files... can someone be kind to advise the steps to update the software ?

Thanks.

Yes, BT streaming is different from wireless CP or AA and cable direct.  BT is used to initiate wireless CP or AA connection and after, wifi takes over.

To get HD BT, you're right too.  The BT protocol needs AAC for Apple and AptX for the rest.  BT 4 onwards may have the 2 implemented but varies.

I believe I've mentioned previously (but not sure if it's on this thread).  Pioneer did not state the BT used and whether it supports the 2 but for sure I find the BT not HD.  

Try turn off your Bluetooth when connect with cable then you know if the audio is by Bluetooth or cable :)

I think the different largely due to the bt protocol being used.

Hi Reo,

The software update I got from the Pioneer Singapore website:-

https://sg.pioneercarentertainment.com/downloads

I have yet to do the firmware update, probably will over the weekend.

Just as I write, again experienced the blank screen syndrome today morning.

The last time I updated was quite a while back. Is the update you're talking about newer ? I got the download earlier from Pioneer Singapore. Can't recall how to update but I'm sure it's very simple.

I'll check out all my above questions later. Anyways, where did you get the firmware update from ?

Yes, BT streaming is different from wireless CP or AA and cable direct. BT is used to initiate wireless CP or AA connection and after, wifi takes over.

To get HD BT, you're right too. The BT protocol needs AAC for Apple and AptX for the rest. BT 4 onwards may have the 2 implemented but varies.

I believe I've mentioned previously (but not sure if it's on this thread). Pioneer did not state the BT used and whether it supports the 2 but for sure I find the BT not HD.

hi experts, i'm unable to get my pioneer unit avh-g115dvd to play any dvd due to the region code and alwasy unable to read format for usb stick? how can i solve this?

Neutral Newbie

Will this head unit be a big jump from an AVH-x8650bt?

My set up pretty high end with focals and 900/5 HD JL amp and sub.

My 8650BT is on a restart loop. LOL

High end means what ?

Perhaps you need a high-end hu too.

Will this head unit be a big jump from an AVH-x8650bt?

My set up pretty high end with focals and 900/5 HD JL amp and sub.

My 8650BT is on a restart loop. LOL

Hi guys. I've just upgrade my HU to 9150 yesterday. Just a couple of questions.

1) AA in Google play store is now able to use with USB connection right whereby wireless is still unable?

2) Using AA with USB, can Waze and listen to say spotify or CD at the same time?

3) Waze direction voice is out from car sound system or HP?

4) Using AA better than Appradio or Appradio live?

5) Can I off/lock my HP screen while using AA? Cause using wireless mirror and Appradio must leave HP screen on...

Thanks in advance guys and do apologies for the questions.

1.  Correct.  AA wired has always been usable with direct APK.  Last year Google released it for use in Singapore (ie app available in Play store, but wireless still not available for SG.

I must say the following answers apply to CP and that's what I use most of the time and would think it works the same for AA.  Since you've gotten 9150, try it out for yourself.

2.  Yes, and the hu allows you to control both volume separately.

3.  HU

4.  No reason to use anything else

5.  Yes.  AA and mirror are 2 different things.  Why would you want to use mirroring ?

Hi guys. I've just upgrade my HU to 9150 yesterday. Just a couple of questions.

1) AA in Google play store is now able to use with USB connection right whereby wireless is still unable?

2) Using AA with USB, can Waze and listen to say spotify or CD at the same time?

3) Waze direction voice is out from car sound system or HP?

4) Using AA better than Appradio or Appradio live?

5) Can I off/lock my HP screen while using AA? Cause using wireless mirror and Appradio must leave HP screen on...

Thanks in advance guys and do apologies for the questions.

1. Correct. AA wired has always been usable with direct APK. Last year Google released it for use in Singapore (ie app available in Play store, but wireless still not available for SG.

I must say the following answers apply to CP and that's what I use most of the time and would think it works the same for AA. Since you've gotten 9150, try it out for yourself.

2. Yes, and the hu allows you to control both volume separately.

3. HU

4. No reason to use anything else

5. Yes. AA and mirror are 2 different things. Why would you want to use mirroring ?

Hi Reo, thanks for answering my queries. Yup since AA is basically all I need I guess I don't require mirroring unless I wanna on YouTube while waiting to pick up my kids from school. Cheers bro.

Neutral Newbie

Hi i have just installed the z9150 BT but could not seem to connect the wifi audio..when i tried to connect the HU to my iPhone via wifi on my handphone it says connected but limited connection written in yellow as it says no internet connection.. the wifi settings is already on in the HU..

I’m confused as the HU is not supposed to have internet connection no? But connecting via cable or BLUETOOTH no problem no issue..

The wifi audio icon in the HU display also cannot click as it is not connected..

Can someone help me please (cry)(cry)(cry)!!!

Whether by wire, BT or WIFI, it's just a mean of tethering the HU to your phone.  Of course, wire and WIFI have higher bandwidth and CP requires either of this 2 connections.  Internet connection comes from your phone.

To initiate CP by Wifi, you don't connect by wifi directly.  To do first initiation, you BT first.  Then you use BT to connect by wifi.  Once the initial setup is completed, subsequent wireless CP connection should be auto.  

There is plenty of youtube how to initiate the wifi connection.  Doesn't really matter their Pioneer models are different.

Hi i have just installed the z9150 BT but could not seem to connect the wifi audio..when i tried to connect the HU to my iPhone via wifi on my handphone it says connected but limited connection written in yellow as it says no internet connection.. the wifi settings is already on in the HU..
I’m confused as the HU is not supposed to have internet connection no? But connecting via cable or BLUETOOTH no problem no issue..
The wifi audio icon in the HU display also cannot click as it is not connected..

Can someone help me please (cry)(cry)(cry)!!!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Whether by wire, BT or WIFI, it's just a mean of tethering the HU to your phone. Of course, wire and WIFI have higher bandwidth and CP requires either of this 2 connections. Internet connection comes from your phone.

To initiate CP by Wifi, you don't connect by wifi directly. To do first initiation, you BT first. Then you use BT to connect by wifi. Once the initial setup is completed, subsequent wireless CP connection should be auto.

There is plenty of youtube how to initiate the wifi connection. Doesn't really matter their Pioneer models are different.

Hi Reo yes it worked.. phew thanks man really appreciate it ..

Cheers!!

Thanks.

Hi, did you upgrade fw? Did it solve blank screen? I just got the first blank screen after using for 1 month. It came out when I was fiddling with songs and trying to make a call at the same time.

Neutral Newbie

Last time i update the firmware 2-3 months back, i still got the hang, not respond volume and not fuctioning waze, but not continuous, sometime only, is there any latest firmware update?

↡ Advertisement