Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

I’ve got AA to work using USB2

What’s still not working is AA wireless. But that’s not a big deal anymore as I can now use gmap (and waze) on cp wireless.

@reo I'm not sure that I noticed any difference with the firmware upgrade.

Only now did I manage to sort out issues with Android auto. I can confirm that for Android auto to work, you got to have the original usb cable connected to usb2

↡ Advertisement

Iâve got AA to work using USB2

Whatâs still not working is AA wireless. But thatâs not a big deal anymore as I can now use gmap (and waze) on cp wireless.

i dont think AA Wireless is supported for this model. Only CP Wireless is possible. Edited by giraffey99

Previous posts say it is.  Just that Pioneer would not advertise it because AA was not released for SG.

Now that is, what about wireless ?

i dont think AA Wireless is supported for this model. Only CP Wireless is possible.

Can I check what are the key advantages this model has over its predecessor flagship model the x8850bt?

I went to Pioneer's website to do comparison. Can't see any diff. Is it only the working android auto?

As in previous posts, cite me a case you've seen it working in Singapore, the model of the HU and the phone.

Thank you.

I am sorry, but these whole AA wireless region lock thing is utter nonsense.

Wait for android pie or get yourself a pixel phone if you want AA wireless now.

Hi, look at what you need.  Then look into the model to see if it has what you want.

I've mentioned in previous posts, audio wise, I don't think there's discernible difference, if at all.

Go for the lowest model when possible to save some bucks, perhaps for other upgrades.  Manufacturers like to charge a bomb for flagship model for very small increments.over the lower models.

Can I check what are the key advantages this model has over its predecessor flagship model the x8850bt?

I went to Pioneer's website to do comparison. Can't see any diff. Is it only the working android auto?

Don't think so, read the manual.

btw, 9150 is integrated with quite some good features, why is there a need for an external DSP ?

Hi bros... I like to clarify if the Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT comes with optical audio output for connection to DSP? Tks.

For those still in denial...

"But while wireless Android Auto connectivity isn't available for Singapore, the AVH-Z9150BT's built-in Wi-Fi Wireless Mirroring feature does allow Android users to, well, display the said wirelessly connected Android smartphone on the receiver display, as viewed from the smartphone itself."

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3611

Pioneer knew very well AA Wireless is not available in SG, notice the clever choice of word wireless in their marketing.  They got me - who on earth bothers about the mirroring ?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my hu got problem, the display will turn black and not function.it usually happen if i use waze with apple carplay wireless while play spotify or radio.

Anyone experience the same?

About the firmware update, is it safe for me to update it?it mentione for new zealand, im from malaysia btw.

Thanks.

I believe the firmware version for Singapore is the same as that for Asia and Oceania.

About the firmware update, is it safe for me to update it?it mentione for new zealand, im from malaysia btw.
Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

I believe the firmware version for Singapore is the same as that for Asia and Oceania.

Updated to 1.01 firmware, so far theres no problem.

Hopefully there will be no problem in future.

Thanks

Did it solve the problem you mentioned, after the firmware upgrade ?

Updated to 1.01 firmware, so far theres no problem.
Hopefully there will be no problem in future.
Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Did it solve the problem you mentioned, after the firmware upgrade ?

For now it solve the problem..still need to test it more frequently..

Anyone bro has good deal for this HU or any others with wireless car play? Saw this cheapest on Carousell around $750 excluding $50 installation fees

This is not a long thread.  You might want to start from the top if you have not.

Updated my Samsung S9 to Android pie. But can't connect through Wireless Android Auto.

Anyone has successfully done so?

Good deal is when you buy for what you need and pay for the lowest.

What model is that and is there anything else you're looking out for besides wireless CP ?

Anyone bro has good deal for this HU or any others with wireless car play? Saw this cheapest on Carousell around $750 excluding $50 installation fees

Neutral Newbie

Hoping someone may be able to help, I have installed my hu and when I use with android auto on maps the GPS is always searching. Have I done something wrong with the install? Should there be a GPS antenna connected somewhere?

Hoping someone may be able to help, I have installed my hu and when I use with android auto on maps the GPS is always searching. Have I done something wrong with the install? Should there be a GPS antenna connected somewhere?

↡ Advertisement