Help pours in for family of 9 living on under S$3k

Voodooman

(edited)

This is relatively old news but generating quite a fair bit of discussions on the net. Would be interesting to hear views of MCFers.

I personally think the couple is making terrible life choices. In olden days, people have many kids because they have no entertainment and or access to contraceptives. Kids on a farm can also be handy during harvesting time but in SG, it is a big commitment.

post-24635-0-08567000-1530932523_thumb.jpeg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/help-for-7-children-living-under-3000-month-singapore-big-family-10504636?cid=fbcna

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Concur

If you wanna hv kids, be responsible and ensure you can bring them up properly WITHOUT social assistance etc

ESP in sgp

• Praise 11

i on the other hand applaud the courage and tenacity of the couple to raise 7 children. Its their choice and while some might choose abortion as a solution, the couple did the greatest thing by bringing up the child.

Monetary and materialistic comfort is subjective.You can be not rich but still be happy.

• Praise 5

Supercharged

i on the other hand applaud the courage and tenacity of the couple to raise 7 children. Its their choice and while some might choose abortion as a solution, the couple did the greatest thing by bringing up the child.

Monetary and materialistic comfort is subjective.You can be not rich but still be happy.

"choose abortion"?

they never heard of birth control?

prevention is better than cure...

If this were in Malaysia or another country I say I support provided one has the means

But to produce and then leverage on the social support Is bring selfish

I admire them tho for the courage but not prudent in anywAy as kids upbringing may be compromised

Most broken families I know where they hardly hv enough for themselves end up with kids turning to crime, drugs etc.. then again , that’s another social issue

Here, they really love the kids so I dun see that happening

• Praise 4

Concur

If you wanna hv kids, be responsible and ensure you can bring them up properly WITHOUT social assistance etc

ESP in sgp

well bro,

if their PCI meets the criteria set by the government, its their entitlement as a citizen to apply for it. Again whether one should apply or no is debatable and up to individuals.

• Praise 1

well bro,

if their PCI meets the criteria set by the government, its their entitlement as a citizen to apply for it. Again whether one should apply or no is debatable and up to individuals.

Yup. That is debatable indeed

Think what many are lamenting is that they hv many kids but use tax payers $$.... it’s about being socially responsible I feel .

Twincharged

well bro,

its going to be damn tough .... but if readers want to help, up to them lor.

• Praise 1

"choose abortion"?

they never heard of birth control?

prevention is better than cure...

to abort or to take birth control is their choice. They stood by their decision and brought up their children to their best capability. 

i respect them for that.

its going to be damn tough .... but if readers want to help, up to them lor.

I believe ppl help so as not to compromise the lives of the little ones. They are innocent in this

Hypersonic

Some religions expressively forbid use of these evil things.

I really respect these kind of religions.  [thumbsup]

:D 

10.jpg  

Yup. That is debatable indeed

Think what many are lamenting is that they hv many kids but use tax payers $$.... it’s about being socially responsible I feel .

well they are also many that draw millions and its also tax payer money.  [rolleyes]

Twincharged

I believe ppl help so as not to compromise the lives of the little ones. They are innocent in this

I dunno if I agree or not ... but for myself, I am feeling just comfortable with just my one boy now ... if I wer eto have another, my finances will hurt and my wife will not be able to work also.

well they are also many that draw millions and its also tax payer money. [rolleyes]

Haaaaa

(edited)

if one want to have a big family. he and she is entitle to and no one else could question them. bon jovi sings it’s my life!

now the question of no of kids. is it 2? 3? 4? 7? ... i would have agree if the couple stop at 4 kids which is quite sheong already but that’s the limit i would think.

having 7 kids push out of the limit for the bread winner, the wife and sadly the kids “suffer” too.

this is a classic example of doing too much is BAD

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

to abort or to take birth control is their choice. They stood by their decision and brought up their children to their best capability. 

i respect them for that.

but u need to know how their kids feel about that.

i come from a big family also , and that was many many years ago.

my dad is a farmer, me and my bro are needed to help up when we reach primary 5 onward. 

every sat, sun, every  day during holiday .

we had like 0 holiday during my childhood, and my NS paid which i save up , is given to  my dad to pay for bills etc,

no complain , no regret, but the kids will feel the heat. 

esp now imagine every kids have a S9 phone, while u got nothing.  etc etc 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6