Help pours in for family of 9 living on under S$3k

Voodooman

Look at it from different perspective.

Since this family has 7 kids, it brings Singapore birth rate.

Maybe we could get DINK to sponsor the kids by providing daily expenses and school fees.

The parents should be given awards.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

on one hand criticise large families using tax payers $ then on the other hand call those with only 1 or 2 children raising princes and princesses

singaporeans sure can find something to kpkb about

ð

critise not on them making more babies. Critise because they can't afford it.

same like we go travel around the world and call oversea embassy to fly us back.

Hypersonic

critise not on them making more babies. Critise because they can't afford it.

same like we go travel around the world and call oversea embassy to fly us back.

people make do with a lower standard of living

who are you to say they can or cannot afford?

just because they cannot reach your standard of living you say they cannot afford?

(edited)

we need citizens more like them

with a declining birth rate, am glad that there are people doing the reverse and having more children

yes, some might say, with 7 kids, you cant give them adequate attentions and materials comfort to each and every child.

but

first, who are we to judge

second, how much is enough to raise a child, 1k per month, 10k per month or 200 per month.

for example, some guys are ok with a 50 dollars watch, some are ok with no watch or some only wear a solid gold watch. whose right or wrong

third, how do you measure happiness.

no right or wrong just your own personal opinion and decisions

if some of the gst and taxes collected went into helping them rather than a 700000 rubbish chute. then i am ok with it

after all, they are the future of this country

please support nmp 69

post-131345-0-09035200-1530949296.gif

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 10

(edited)

1 family with 7 kids can average up 7 families with 1 kid ... [sly]

bro your taxes went to millionstar salary liao la ... lol

if some of the gst and taxes collected went into helping them rather than a 700000 rubbish chute. then i am ok with it

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

The parents made a choice. You cannot lambast them for it. They also believe, much to the dismay of most people that having 7 kids would actually allow them to grow up a better person. Again, this is arguable so cannot fault the parents.

What I do know is there are thousands of spoilt brats coming from families with a single kid, so maybe this set of parent is onto something better here.

As for the state bringing the kids up....... dun think so. The state is neutral. The schemes are there, if you dun apply they actually take it away cos it means it is obsolete.

Sure, the kids will grow up not having most of the stuff that children get. Do you actually think giving kids iPhone, iPads and wearing designer stuff is the best way to go? Arguable again.

The kids may not be blessed with lots of material wealth but they get lots of sibling support, a full time mom and a dad that tries his best to bring them up. How many of today’s kids even have that?

Lastly this family allows the hearts of Singaporeans to open up and offer assistance in monetary and other forms. It is actually doing much social good.

I await reports of a family with 8 kids next..........

• Praise 8

Nothing is for sure:

- having one kid does not mean the kid will be spoilt rotten by the parents

- having many kids does not mean they will contribute meaningfully to the society

One thing for sure when the parents have no gumption and means to bring up the number of kids they chose to have: Taxpayers going to pay.

• Praise 7

The parents made a choice. You cannot lambast them for it. They also believe, much to the dismay of most people that having 7 kids would actually allow them to grow up a better person. Again, this is arguable so cannot fault the parents.

What I do know is there are thousands of spoilt brats coming from families with a single kid, so maybe this set of parent is onto something better here.

As for the state bringing the kids up....... dun think so. The state is neutral. The schemes are there, if you dun apply they actually take it away cos it means it is obsolete.

Sure, the kids will grow up not having most of the stuff that children get. Do you actually think giving kids iPhone, iPads and wearing designer stuff is the best way to go? Arguable again.

The kids may not be blessed with lots of material wealth but they get lots of sibling support, a full time mom and a dad that tries his best to bring them up. How many of today’s kids even have that?

Lastly this family allows the hearts of Singaporeans to open up and offer assistance in monetary and other forms. It is actually doing much social good.

I await reports of a family with 8 kids next..........

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Parents should no have ä¸å¢ææ¿ thinking for their kids.

of course i not saying, we should spoil ours, giving them 1k per month spending buy them car once they reach 18.

but dun go around tell ppl my kids very guai 1, very mature,

they dun demand luxury stuff or go oversea holiday,

go local zoo my kids every happy already .

look at this family, 3 k with 7 kids, even with extra help, when his kids reach secondary school,

they will have real problem going outing with friends,

they wont even be able to afford a monthly fastfood , makan movies with friends.

of course some may agrue, at least they wont go hungry, kids overseas barely have enough to eat...

I grew up not having much to spend. So I ended up doing part time at fast food restaurants or got into sales to earn moolah. School holidays is always a time to look for job and earn extra. Look for activities that dun cost too much for outings etc.

Well in a way I was deprived. Never even visited any country apart from Malaysia till my uni. Wished I had a rich dad or mom but strangely in a way I grew up expecting nothing is free and I had to work towards my goals. That was more than 3 decades ago and I did alrite for my cohort, managed to get into a SAP school, VJC then NTU. My frens who had more didn't managed to get into local uni and went overseas for their tertiary education.

I am not sure that if I had more resources I could do the same. Cos in my heart I knew it better be one shot one kill. Cannot make it to uni.......No way out.

These kids may turn out to be warriors and will be fine or just become bitter at their circumstances..... No certainty. Every kid is an individual and different.

Wish them well or better still offer some help.

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

I look at the family. I'm more worried that the father cannot tahan it. He's working 2 jobs, lack of sleep, sounds like not proper nutrition. Unfortunately, not every body is a non lemon Toyota.

• Praise 11

(edited)

Agreed with few bros here that no one is to judge how the parents wants their family to be run, let alone making assumption that the kids will be deprived of what they deserved.

Different people have different sets of value and one should refrain from judging it from their own perspective or their own comfort zone.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 5

(edited)

Many are also dependent on social assistance but u see them spending money on cigarettes and beer etc... Just that they are not storied out.... At least the social assistance for this family is being put to good use... May the children grow well in this family...

Edited by WangWang888
  • Praise 5

Supercharged

I watch the video of the daddy with 7 kids, he looks tired and kids also quite obese. When you have less, you tend to eat package food and instant food which is usually cheaper than fresh food , that is detrimental to health .

I must respectfully disagree with you. The kids look fairly healthy - not too thin and definitely not obese.

Being bamboo thin is not healthy..... in case that is your yardstick.

Anyway I have thousand respect for the family and will refrain from judging them via their looks etc

• Praise 7

I really envy their kids.

They can have a real big family bond together everyday which is a scarcity now in Sgp..it’s a blessing in disguise..

Money can’t buy these things..

They will learn to take care of each other n hopefully will translate to their adult life later..

• Praise 9

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/raising-7-children-under-3000-month-singapore-large-family-10462664

Good sharing. I was expecting mostly conservative views but not bad, we have much diversity here.

Just to add. I think some hunger is good and makes the kids stronger but with 7 and tight resources, there will be sacrifices.

Statistically, you have a better chance of success when you have more help and resources when you are just a 10 years old kid. That is why there is this thing called the poverty trap.

My heart goes out to the kids and I certainly don't want to be Racheal, the de facto 2nd mum who is stepping up to cover her overworked mother and exhausted father at 10 years old. In years to come, will she be under pressure to contribute to the family financially as early as possible?

Seriously, anyone with some sense of self worth will avoid having to rely on social welfare and the generosity of relatives to take care of basic financial needs of the family, unless due to unforseen circumstances. We are finished if everyone wants to raid the coffer this way. Wahahaha...

That is why it is so hard to have 4 wives and even harder to have 7 kids while trying to be fair to all, unless you are Ramses II. This guy don't even have time for his kids, why have so many then. To see them grow up?

It is a knowledge economy and it is going to be super competitive, days of playing marbles are over.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Many are also dependent on social assistance but u see them spending money on cigarettes and beer etc... Just that they are not storied out.... At least the social assistance for this family is being put to good use... May the children grow well in this family...

Agree with you! Just like the case I cited. They splurge the handouts on cigarette, hair dyeing and tattoos... I really can't understand!

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/raising-7-children-under-3000-month-singapore-large-family-10462664

Good sharing. I was expecting mostly conservative views but not bad, we have much diversity here.

Just to add. I think some hunger is good and makes the kids stronger but with 7 and tight resources, there will be sacrifices.

Statistically, you have a better chance of success when you have more help and resources when you are just a 10 years old kid. That is why there is this thing called the poverty trap.

My heart goes out to the kids and I certainly don't want to be Racheal, the de facto 2nd mum who is stepping up to cover her overworked mother and exhausted father at 10 years old. In years to come, will she be under pressure to contribute to the family financially as early as possible?

Seriously, anyone with some sense of self worth will avoid having to rely on social welfare and the generosity of relatives to take care of basic financial needs of the family, unless due to unforseen circumstances. We are finished if everyone wants to raid the coffer this way. Wahahaha...

That is why it is so hard to have 4 wives and even harder to have 7 kids while trying to be fair to all, unless you are Ramses II. This guy don't even have time for his kids, why have so many then. To see them grow up?

It is a knowledge economy and it is going to be super competitive, days of playing marbles are over. ð

To me, I would say part of the responsibility of being a Lao peh is to reduce the chance of WCS.
↡ Advertisement