Help pours in for family of 9 living on under S$3k

Voodooman

Hypersonic

who draws the line?

who defines the boundaries?

the elites and the rich based on their own lifestyle choices and standards decide for the peasants what is the suitable number given their lowly income?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Hypersonic

I think there's some underlying religious reason but he doesn't say it. Also wondering where/how the couple has time/energy/privacy to keep producing??

On a side note, for people who see okamoto or durex is expensive, my friend says polyclinic sell very cheap condoms for family planning.

see our zheng hu very good one hor  [laugh]

• Praise 3

On a side note, for people who see okamoto or durex is expensive, my friend says polyclinic sell very cheap condoms for family planning.

see our zheng hu very good one hor [laugh]

Or ask those go Taiwan donate lo

Hypersonic

what seems to be a poor choice now may turn out for the better in future. the story hasn’t ended yet.

don’t always think the worst of their family or similar families

one of their children may be the passer-by who saved me or my family member from certain death next time or the doctor who operated on me when i was ill.

how would i feel then if i had condemned their parents for having too many children today?

live and let live... don’t be too quick to judge

• Praise 5

(edited)

wah .... very chim and profound ....

what seems to be a poor choice now may turn out for the better in future. the story hasn’t ended yet.

one of their children may be the passer-by who saved me or my family member from certain death next time or the doctor who operated on me when i was ill.

how would i feel then if i had condemned their parents for having too many children today?

Edited by Wt_know

wah .... very chim and profound ....

He saw the Thai advert

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

yeah ... may become doctor save lifes or become ah loong runner spray red paint

the race never end until the cheque flag ... many many years down the road

Of course lah...

But everything got 2 sides...

What if, I mean really what if, they live in poverty the whole time and the siblings decided they want to get rich quick and did the wrong thing. What if ... instead of saving, they ... well, you know what I mean.

While we should remain optimistic and not condemn, there is always two sides to extremes.

Good or bad, only time will tell.

The parents made a choice. You cannot lambast them for it. They also believe, much to the dismay of most people that having 7 kids would actually allow them to grow up a better person. Again, this is arguable so cannot fault the parents.

What I do know is there are thousands of spoilt brats coming from families with a single kid, so maybe this set of parent is onto something better here.

As for the state bringing the kids up....... dun think so. The state is neutral. The schemes are there, if you dun apply they actually take it away cos it means it is obsolete.

Sure, the kids will grow up not having most of the stuff that children get. Do you actually think giving kids iPhone, iPads and wearing designer stuff is the best way to go? Arguable again.

The kids may not be blessed with lots of material wealth but they get lots of sibling support, a full time mom and a dad that tries his best to bring them up. How many of today’s kids even have that?

Lastly this family allows the hearts of Singaporeans to open up and offer assistance in monetary and other forms. It is actually doing much social good.

I await reports of a family with 8 kids next..........

• Praise 3

I should have went raw on my ex, she could have given birth to the next Einstein while I get to be a young father. My suffering will all be worth it for he is going to change the world for the better!

• Praise 1

(edited)

This dad works in a Mormon church is it? The reason I say this is because Mormons do not use birth control. Their believe is that the decision on contraception is one that should be shared by husband, wife, and God. I saw on tv the dad is a "church executive". I don't know which church.

Anyway did the family ask for help or not? I don't think so, right? Even though they are on financial assistance scheme but they didn't ask the public for help.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic

I should have went raw on my ex, she could have given birth to the next Einstein while I get to be a young father. My suffering will all be worth it for he is going to change the world for the better! ð

I agree with you, noone knows, only God. God probably wants Mr Heng to have as many kids as possible for He has great plans for them.

Like that don't need to talk leow. ð¤ªðð¤£

Just kidding Sifu, no malice intended. Think we better talk about the Thai cave rescue, everyone needs a good story.

going by some of the responses in this thread, i think each thai child family situation should be analysed before committing public resources to save them

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

This dad works in a Mormon church is it? The reason I say this is because Mormons do not use birth control. Their believe is that the decision on contraception is one that should be shared by husband, wife, and God. I saw on tv the dad is a "church executive". I don't know which church.

Anyway did the family ask for help or not? I don't think so, right? Even though they are on financial assistance scheme but they didn't ask the public for help.

Nope. The original video was just a five min insight into a large family.

going by some of the responses in this thread, i think each thai child family situation should be analysed before committing public resources to save them

ðð

Lol my friend was just commenting on WhatsApp. These stupid kids 害死 one of the rescuers.

Gahmen policies allow them to get help.. so they do.

Public want to help so some do..

Don’t want to help.. that’s ur choice too... nothing wrong wat...criticize for wat?

• Praise 5

Watch the On The Red Dot : Full House 4 part series. The Heng family was one of the 3 families featured. 

https://tv.toggle.sg/en/channel5/shows/on-the-red-dot-2018/episodes

Gives a more tangible feel of the angst if you can see beyond the creative editing and production. 

Nope. The original video was just a five min insight into a large family.
Lol my friend was just commenting on WhatsApp. These stupid kids 害死 one of the rescuers.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yeah ... may become doctor save lifes or become ah loong runner spray red paint

the race never end until the cheque flag ... many many years down the road

Drop out of school, mix with bad company, become ah long runner ... BAD outcome.

Study hard, get good results, scholarship, bonded, and become ah loong runner ... Good? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Singaporeans are well know generous donors, from some china girl getting murdered in Singapore so many years ago , to Indian accident at changi airport taxi stands a few years back. Which incident actually asked for donations? It all started with a sad story, and all it takes is for one "samurai" to start a donation call, and usually the project ends up with a 6 dig figure in their bank account. 

What happens to these sad stories later? what happen to all the donated monies? These are just 2 such incidents, how many more were there in between and after? 

Ok, I am a businessman, so my thoughts will always be "its a deal", nobody will do something for no returns. Pride and Self-esteem? everything has a price, pride and self esteem are  for sale also, as long as the price is right. 

If history tells stories, lowest price for  is probably over $100,000. 

OK, 我小人之心。

↡ Advertisement