Help pours in for family of 9 living on under S$3k

Voodooman

As long as there is cut off upper limit of income to enjoy the subsidy, yes.

basic subsidy no but additional subsidy yes.... but having 1 child or 7 child the subsidy for each child is same so consider public assistance? headache hor

↡ Advertisement

Yes, so the moral of the story is....if want to have more kids, google all the available subsidies first and see if you can afford to have them before doing so.

basic subsidy no but additional subsidy yes.... but having 1 child or 7 child the subsidy for each child is same so consider public assistance? headache hor

(edited)

more like ... have kids already ... go meet MP ... cry papa cry mama

if a person is so good in forward planning ... will not end up in such situation la

fail to plan = plan to fail

Yes, so the moral of the story is....if want to have more kids, google all the available subsidies first and see if you can afford to have them before doing so.

Edited by Wt_know

Thanks for the clarification and furnishing of further insight to the person's situation.

to me any subsidies/donations are tantamounting to handouts as the amount of money saved from having to pay the bills will be freed up to do other stuff which in a way is equivalent to giving the person cash.

Just like some reported in the media about people on public assistance having cable TV and cigeratte smoking. the subsidies did not pay for those...it simple enables these people remain in welfare mode.

See my previous post on CHAS abusers.

I would not term those assistance schemes as "handouts". Simply because he had to apply for it, undergo means testing, be vetted, interviewed and reviewed by social workers on the family condition before they qualified for such. If truth be told, he even returned the $100 that I handed him, thanking me for the job offer.

Examples of what I consider as handouts are the medisave top ups, GST subsidies and cash payments, Town council and SP services rebates applicable to all citizens, regardless of wealth or stature. Similarly, there are selective handouts available to only a certain portion of the population...the baby bonus would be a handout for expectant couples. These needed no qualification process.

Yes, there will be quite some users who genuinely require the available assistance schemes, along with some low life abusers too. The examples raised of a child on assistance despite staying with a non-working Dad in a bungalow and an unemployed man in a private house are examples of such leeches and parasites of the system. A far cry from the solid old folks with strong moral fibre in their backbone to reject all assistance and would rather earn their keeps with trolleys scavenging carton boxes.

Cheers!

uncle susa.

(edited)

yeah.

personally i can only say this case the parents very irresponsible.

begin a parent in singapore in 21 century , is very very different compare to 60-70s

last time ppl think bring u to this world , feed u grow up, more or less i done my part.

can make it or not up to u liao .

of course go ahead have 2-3 kids, or even 4. at most abit of hardship.

but this case i can only shake head for the parents.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

children are innocence but parents cannot be excused. why bring them to this world if you cannot provide basic needs?

I always tell people 3 is just right but this thing has to depend on individual or rather the couple. if you dont have love for kids, also please don't bring them to this world to suffer. 

children are innocence but parents cannot be excused. why bring them to this world if you cannot provide basic needs?

I always tell people 3 is just right but this thing has to depend on individual or rather the couple. if you dont have love for kids, also please don't bring them to this world to suffer.

Maybe he has a lot of love but not money?
  • Praise 1

I may be wrong but the kids don't look malnourished or sickly.. they may not be able to enjoy the finer things in life but should still be passable

Which basic needs was not provided?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i dont think i can quantify but if you live in Singapore and depend on $3k for this family size. i don't think anyone can say their well being would be normal to meet most basic needs without external help.

work the sum can tell liao. 

(edited)

I may be wrong but the kids don't look malnourished or sickly.. they may not be able to enjoy the finer things in life but should still be passable

Is a PC or laptop a basic need for school going kids these days? Luckily can ask for financial assistance to buy one.

These days, a basic smart phone is a necessity for secondary school going kids and teens in JC. I was told. Maybe my kids are lying and I indulge them but kinda hard to deprive them of it when all their classmates has one, even those on financial assistance.

That is why i think the marble playing days are long over.

Edited by Voodooman

Twincharged

not too long ago, there was a report on ST, on some households on the schemes carry Samsung phones and employ maids.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

we got good example here

a table wiper have multiple rolex to buy and sell

drives a porsche

smoke cigars

yet stay in HDB (pseudo)

abuse of subsidy

in his case should we hang him by his prepuce to make him suffer

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

yeah.

personally i can only say this case the parents very irresponsible.

begin a parent in singapore in 21 century , is very very different compare to 60-70s

last time ppl think bring u to this world , feed u grow up, more or less i done my part.

can make it or not up to u liao .

of course go ahead have 2-3 kids, or even 4. at most abit of hardship.

but this case i can only shake head for the parents.

towards the end of the write up, Heng said if he can start all over again, he will not stop at 7. 

I was like huh?  :huh:  [hur]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Maybe he has a lot of love but not money?

I also have alot of love but no money lor.. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged
(edited)

This isn't necessarily about how many kids they choose to have vs their financial ability.

Most likely they are living to their religious beliefs, no contraceptives cos god say so.

What happens if say..

they just have 2, barely able to support, but choose to home school them on scriptures alone.. cos god say so.. .. and they grow up unemployable, would you then be willing to give handouts to them?

It's happening in some countries among the fundamentalist.

Edited by Playtime

(edited)

This is 1 of the reason why Singapore birth rate is so low.

If there are more ppl like Heng, Singapore birth rate might increase.

Since i receive no subsidy, i got ZERO kids.

P.s. I kenna anynomous dislike to equate subsidy with no of kids.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

i dont think i can quantify but if you live in Singapore and depend on $3k for this family size. i don't think anyone can say their well being would be normal to meet most basic needs without external help.

work the sum can tell liao.

What external help they receive before the show was out?

this thread 3k with so many kids.

another thread buying Nissan note for daughter to go uni.

what a world.

• Praise 1

Is a PC or laptop a basic need for school going kids these days? Luckily can ask for financial assistance to buy one.

These days, a basic smart phone is a necessity for secondary school going kids and teens in JC. I was told. Maybe my kids are lying and I indulge them but kinda hard to deprive them of it when all their classmates has one, even those on financial assistance.

That is why i think the marble playing days are long over.

I don't know leh next year I let you know lol

Yes everyone has one.... So when grow up all their peers have car so they need 1 too?

I would like to see parents giving all their kids a car each...

The reason why all have a basic smart phone because it is affordable but I don't think that makes it a necessity

↡ Advertisement