Why does Dealers dangling discounts raises concerns

We have world class government...they make sure we pay and pay...even coe drop got something to cover the drop....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

We have world class government...they make sure we pay and pay...even coe drop got something to cover the drop....

World class blood suckers.

Turbocharged

Cheap or expensive.....Singaporean will still buy cars what? If i dealer i will also cut carrot heads.....

wonder how long coe price will remain low. yesterdays advert for nissan note - $63k.

post-114176-0-32909000-1531013420_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

in the other thread:

this are the models with 10k rebate, but only drop abt 5k even thou coe drop 10k.

Attrage fr. $59,999
Nissan Note fr. $63,800
Honda Jazz fr. $69,999

shld be 55, 60, 65 respectively, if really in line with coe is 25k.

if coe drops to 20k, it will be 50, 55, 60 respectively.

how's dat?

Dealers run their business to maintain a certain profit margin. Around 20k at least per car, the more expensive the car the higher the margin.

Even when COE is high, they will do so by increasing price by the same amount. They will probably reduce price only when COE is so high that there are no buyers.

When COE is low, they will not reduce price by the same amount. So, more profits for them during these times.

No one will run a business that is losing money.

wonder how long coe price will remain low. yesterdays advert for nissan note - $63k.

can still go lower......from conversation with friends economy not doing very well since nong nong time. They say got 1 big marine company (parent is glc) everyday is Sunday.....got nothing much to do because many orders cancelled. I dont know how true as i am not in that industry. Past yrs coe price was pushed up by uber/grab....but since uber pulled the plug the price has slowly adjusted to reality. Thats my take....ves and other measures was to prevent a crash by scaremongering our kiasu and kiasi mindset and earn revenue for the gov.
  • Praise 3

(edited)

In short, buying a car here is basically a scam.

For those who monitors the movement of new car prices for the past few months would notice the prices of some new cars did not actually come down despite the fall of COE prices. In fact, some car price even went up! I dun wanna mention Makes/models here. Like you had mentioned, buying a car in $ingapore is basically a scam! Getting AD to bid for COE is a big conflict of interest. Car industry should be regulated by the gov just like the property market! But nothing has been done since! Really is r*t from the top! :pissed-off:

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

(edited)

For those who monitors the movement of new car prices for the past few months would notice the prices of some new cars did not actually come down! In fact, some even went up! I dun wanna mention Makes/models here. Like you had mentioned, buying a car in $ingapore is basically a scam! Getting AD to bid for COE is a big conflict of interest. Really is r*t from the top! :pissed-off:

Because we are not encouraged to own a car, and this is for the sake to control the traffic flow and population. Hence other than these mentioned factors, the authorities do not care.

In the forum, we talked about Japanese is better, Koreans are better, conti is solid, etc. But ultimately, compare to the prices we are paying here with overseas, where they get much better equipment and safety, we got so much lesser for so much we pay. And yet, buying a car here still a very much people's wishlist here. If this is not the biggest scam, I don't know what is and couldn't find a better word for it.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

For those who monitors the movement of new car prices for the past few months would notice the prices of some new cars did not actually come down despite the fall of COE prices. In fact, some car price even went up! I dun wanna mention Makes/models here. Like you had mentioned, buying a car in $ingapore is basically a scam! Getting AD to bid for COE is a big conflict of interest. Car industry should be regulated by the gov just like the property market! But nothing has been done since! Really is r*t from the top! :pissed-off:

It is as simple as bidding for COE using SingPass will remove all uncertainties in the mkt.

In addition, it will encourage financial prudence since potential buyer need to pay $$$ for COE.

Unfortunately, this change has no upside for LTA.

I have been advocating bidding COE via SingPass for the longest time.

• Praise 2

(edited)

A few years later, few will be talking about VES. How often do we talked about tiered ARF nowadays?

In $ingapore, its all abt taxes and levies!

宁可杀错,不可放过!

连教师都不放过!

[shakehead]  [shakehead] [shakehead]  

[thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]  

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Dislike 1

A few years later, few will be talking about VES. How often do we talked about tiered ARF nowadays?

Yes, the only difference is VES can be avoided (Neutral B) however ARF cant. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

For those who monitors the movement of new car prices for the past few months would notice the prices of some new cars did not actually come down despite the fall of COE prices. In fact, some car price even went up! I dun wanna mention Makes/models here. Like you had mentioned, buying a car in $ingapore is basically a scam! Getting AD to bid for COE is a big conflict of interest. Car industry should be regulated by the gov just like the property market! But nothing has been done since! Really is r*t from the top! :pissed-off:

It's all about the additional VES taxes.

Who do you vote for in the first place?

• Dislike 1

(edited)

It's all about the additional VES taxes.

Who do you vote for in the first place?

The make/models I looked at are not affected by July VES la. Its becomes ADs profit margin. I know how the system works inside out.

In $ingapore, its all abt taxes and levies!

宁可杀错,不可放过!

连教师都不放过!

[shakehead]  [shakehead] [shakehead]  

[thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]  

To the anus disliker, what sentence, word or punctuation mark I mentioned above is not true or u dun understand?

Dun support blindly la!

I really feel sad for u, especially your future generations!

post-25667-0-10695900-1531134485_thumb.png

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 7

Supersonic

Because we are not encouraged to own a car, and this is for the sake to control the traffic flow and population. Hence other than these mentioned factors, the authorities do not care.

In the forum, we talked about Japanese is better, Koreans are better, conti is solid, etc. But ultimately, compare to the prices we are paying here with overseas, where they get much better equipment and safety, we got so much lesser for so much we pay. And yet, buying a car here still a very much people's wishlist here. If this is not the biggest scam, I don't know what is and couldn't find a better word for it.

we are all willingly being scammed
↡ Advertisement