Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?

Supercharged

What Elantra? What Altis?

haven't seen either one on the road for a long while now.... all I see are Mazda 3/Vezel/CHR/Prius/Harrier

Maybe I am driving on the wrong road. :D

Went to check the registration for the first 5 months 2018.

Best seller is not Elantra lah. Maybe 2nd.

Top is .... Mazda 3!

Third could be Civic.

That's for Sedan.

if any model, then top is HRV.

Top brand for 2018 are

1. Honda

2. Toyota

3. Merc

4. Mazda

5. Hyundai

Hyundai is doing well indeed. But still far from top. Only half of Honda.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Adding to that. Komoco has a more attractive interest for bank loans with no minimum loan amount, more options and price range for COE bidding and n acceptable trade in offer that doesn't undercut you.

It's really hard to beat all that flexibility compare to the like of C&C or BM.

This is also the reason why Hyundai tops the Korean car market by so much compared to Kia.

• Praise 1

Top is .... Mazda 3!

Third could be Civic.

That's for Sedan.

Top brand for 2018 are

1. Honda

2. Toyota

3. Merc

4. Mazda

5. Hyundai

Oh....its a surprise. Thought people will avoid Mazda 3 as it's phv associated. This could be the year altis may lose its top seat if this continues

Turbocharged

Top is .... Mazda 3!

Third could be Civic.

That's for Sedan.

Top brand for 2018 are

1. Honda

2. Toyota

3. Merc

4. Mazda

5. Hyundai

Mazda include PHV?

I find their prices and package really not attractive. Not to mention the fake price in advertisments.

Mazda include PHV?

I find their prices and package really not attractive. Not to mention the fake price in advertisments.

Should be inclusive of phv as they get from AD. Warranty n servicing also included as part of the package

Mazda include PHV?

Altis, Vios, Axio n many models also used for phv. Thus I say total sedan models for Toyota still lose to Hyundai which elantra is the only model I can think of n it's not used as phv.

I don't know if I will tio bash for saying this. Actually I quite like it that Altis is no longer the most popular sedan here. The less common it is, the better for the owners. As a buyer, I won't pick a model which is the best selling. Just like Vezel and Mazda 3, I believe for every 10 cars on the road, u will find one vezel or mazda 3.

• Praise 1

To me , buying a car is not to let the brand be the Top Brand but to served my needs. To become Top of the brand, it is Toyota/ Hyundai Marketing person or the sales person job.

Owning a Rolex does mean it is the Top Selling brand watches but it will give you a premium feel of the worthiness as compared to an Apple watch.

If you want LED headlight but Elantra can only give you Halogen headlight, so you don't choose Elantra but choose Altis. That simple.

• Praise 2

I don't know if I will tio bash for saying this. Actually I quite like it that Altis is no longer the most popular sedan here. The less common it is, the better for the owners. As a buyer, I won't pick a model which is the best selling. Just like Vezel and Mazda 3, I believe for every 10 cars on the road, u will find one vezel or mazda 3.

Tio bash for what? All are entitled to their own views

To me , buying a car is not to let the brand be the Top Brand but to served my needs. To become Top of the brand, it is Toyota/ Hyundai Marketing person or the sales person job.

Owning a Rolex does mean it is the Top Selling brand watches but it will give you a premium feel of the worthiness as compared to an Apple watch.

If you want LED headlight but Elantra can only give you Halogen headlight, so you don't choose Elantra but choose Altis. That simple.

Also depends whether can afford it or not. Price difference almost 20k. 20k loan over many years interest also not cheap. 20k can buy a lot of stuff

But will tio anonymous dislike or not ah?   [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

@radx say one. ^_^

• Praise 3

(edited)

But will tio anonymous dislike or not ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

@radx say one. ^_^

This one cannot avoid. When I start this topic, I already prepared for many dislike points. It's like you cannot stop people from giving you car door dents Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Adding to that. Komoco has a more attractive interest for bank loans with no minimum loan amount, more options and price range for COE bidding and n acceptable trade in offer that doesn't undercut you.

It's really hard to beat all that flexibility compare to the like of C&C or BM.

This is also the reason why Hyundai tops the Korean car market by so much compared to Kia.

But komoco weakness is there is only 1 main servicd centre in Alexander rd Edited by RogerNg_185295

Turbocharged

But komoco weakness is there is only 1 main servicd centre in Alexander rd

KMC has one at Kembangan also 

Haha, simi dislike or no dislike, bo kan lan one la. Forum is to talk mah. Anyway, under this subject Elantra D-T Altis, my guess is surely yes lah. Saw the crowd in KMC last wkend, sibei hiong. Also, Elantra way cheaper than Altis, at the similar performing specs.

• Praise 1

Also depends whether can afford it or not. Price difference almost 20k. 20k loan over many years interest also not cheap. 20k can buy a lot of stuff

$20k more is not the main thing. Question is what do one get for paying $20k more? And whether one wants to pay that $20k for whatever more things there is (reliability?? Led lights?? Bragging rights?? ....)

yup body repair etc still need to go alex

In fact, troubleshooting cases the small branch cannot do. Imagine you live in Pasir ris..

$20k more is not the main thing. Question is what do one get for paying $20k more? And whether one wants to pay that $20k for whatever more things there is (reliability?? Led lights?? Bragging rights?? ....)

Higher status perhaps
↡ Advertisement