Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?

I also always go with depreciation as the true cost of ownership.

Iâm surprised that altis and Elantra are now the same depre.

Itâs the 2019 Elantra right? Cause the 2018 one was cheaper

Yes, depre would be a more equal footing comparison. Yes Avante price. If you go BM showroom, you will get a better quote than what is shown in the sgcarmart.

2019 price and OMV still not out. We do not know how it compares to altis in terms of depreciation yet.

I am assuming OMV close to the out going model. Of course my assumption could be wrong. But then , how much difference could it be right. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

BM price not nett as advertised? I know KOMOCO prices are nett. No penalty for not taking loans and buying insurance from them, Very transparent. But they do have tier 1, 2 3 pricing last time.

Yes, depre would be a more equal footing comparison. Yes Avante price. If you go BM showroom, you will get a better quote than what is shown in the sgcarmart.
I am assuming OMV close to the out going model. Of course that is just my assumption, i could be wrong. But then , how much difference could it be right.

BM price not nett as advertised? I know KOMOCO prices are nett. No penalty for not taking loans and buying insurance from them, Very transparent. But they do have tier 1, 2 3 pricing last time.

Yes KM is nett but BM quote 4k over trade for a to be scrapped soon altis. KM quote me paper value.

Shhhh.... haha

Edited by Ct3833

i not into overtrade as its incurring higher payment in the long term. However i know some buyers are attracted to this type of thing and its one of the strong factor that push them to buy the brand which offers the highest overtrade

Yes KM is nett but BM quote 4k over trade. Shhhh.... haha

i not into overtrade as its incurring higher payment in the long term. However i know some buyers are attracted to this type of thing and its one of the strong factor that push them to buy the brand which offers the highest overtrade

Overtrade in this case is to discount 4 more k from the proce if i trade in my old altis.

As far as i am concerned, Avante still has an edge because of the newer look but there has to be some price (net depre)advantage over Altis, othwrwose i am happy to go for an uncle car.

Edited by Ct3833

Overtrade in this case is to discount 4 more k from the proce if i trade in my old altis.

As far as i am concerned, Avante still has an edge because of the newer look but there has to be some price (net depre)advantage over Altis, othwrwose i am happy to go for an uncle car.

in this case it is not overtrade but BM taking in your car $4k above its scrap value.when will car end it's cycle?

• Praise 1

in this case it is not overtrade but BM taking in your car $4k above its scrap value.when will car end it's cycle?

My car end in Jul next year. BM said will deliver new car in Mar. So I am ok. And like for like,   KM is quoting paper value when taking delivery of new car.

I am ok with either brands but for Hyundai, I would want to see at least 7k total depre saving before I am convinced. This is my own preference, no discrimination. My guess is by now Elantra  should have already dethroned Altis, but I would like to see them maintaining a lower price than Altis to create that competition and pressure. Moreover, I have another car due next year too, not going to spend too much money on car.  

Edited by Ct3833

My car end in Jul next year. BM said will deliver new car in Mar. So I am ok. And like for like,   KM is quoting paper value when taking delivery of new car.

I am ok with either brands but for Hyundai, I would want to see at least 7k total depre saving before I am convinced. This is my own preference, no discrimination. My guess is by now Elantra  should have already dethroned Altis, but I would like to see them maintaining a lower price than Altis to create that competition and pressure. Moreover, I have another car due next year too, not going to spend too much money on car.  

dethroned?perhaps only in this tiny island.fact is,corolla has been the best selling compact sedan for ages all over the world.nothing comes close.with all do respect to other brands,they're just playing catch up.congrats on your new ride my friend.no such thing as wrong choice.you pay whatever makes you happy.and i"m happy for you.

dethroned?perhaps only in this tiny island.fact is,corolla has been the best selling compact sedan for ages all over the world.nothing comes close.with all do respect to other brands,they're just playing catch up.congrats on your new ride my friend.no such thing as wrong choice.you pay whatever makes you happy.and i"m happy for you.

Not perhaps, it's a fact. U can Google lta new car registration. Other countries altis offer more features n its cheaper.

But thanks to BM, altis is the most ex in its class n offer little features

yes,i agree.some(or most of them) sienta and vios are phv.guess it's mostly rental than ownership.

The pi sienta which is made in jap, have better interior if I'm not wrong. Sat in one before, not bad

As for Vios really ugly. Don't know y got ppl why to buy for personal use

Not perhaps, it's a fact. U can Google lta new car registration. Other countries altis offer more features n its cheaper.

Buddy,every car you buy from any showroom will be the most expensive.this is an expensive country to live in.

• Praise 1

Buddy,every car you buy from any showroom will be the most expensive.this is an expensive country to live in.

For Thailand n Taiwan, they manufacture altis in their own country thus its cheaper than other cars which r export in.

The pi sienta which is made in jap, have better interior if I'm not wrong. Sat in one before, not bad

As for Vios really ugly. Don't know y got ppl why to buy for personal use

i owned a 2nd hand vios for a year and i have an answer to your question....vios runs forever and it's cheaper and easier to maintain than a toaster.

↡ Advertisement