Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?

Supersonic

yup, I brought my mum's Kia to service then I saw the quote. Asked them to take out. Went home looked at previous bills, yes every service also include eating tonics (Close to $200 iirc) !! Bladdy C&C !!

C&C tried to pull this tonic trick on me once. I asked the SA if this was a factory specified item. He said no.

I then asked if this was included in the service package. He said no.

I asked one more time if this is FOC then. He said no.

Then i ask why he tick the box without asking me? He say coz most customers don’t mind....

Knnccb.....don’t mind or dunno?

So be careful bros.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I got a feeling he is paid a commission if the car drink the tonic.

C&C tried to pull this tonic trick on me once. I asked the SA if this was a factory specified item. He said no.

Then i ask why he tick the box without asking me? He say coz most customers don’t mind....

Knnccb.....don’t mind or dunno?

So be careful bros.

Supersonic

Then i ask why he tick the box without asking me? He say coz most customers donât mind....

Knnccb.....donât mind or dunno?

So be careful bros.

when i had my previous car, i used to hang around the WS to see what the mechs were doing, until they became uncomfortable. at least that WS described my car condition to me and what were the anticipated problems, and even pointed to the locations in the car for me.

for my current car servicing centre, i dont even get to talk to the mech and the guy serving me didnt bother to ask as well... its convenient for the customer but i feel it loses something...

Supersonic

ADs don't even let you go inside their workshop to see your car and they even plug off the wire from your in cam.

What they do to your car, you don't even know. At the end of the servicing, just ask you to pay when you see your car shiny and clean. 

$38 to $48 per package?

What do they service?

Synthetic oil 5W 40,filter,top up battery water,brake oil,coolant,some 12 pts,24 pts or 32 pts check and one free reminder sticker,lol...

Some of my friends still get one can of oil treatment,free wipers,lol.But is a lousy type of wiper.

I been to so many of this type of workshop.Some even includes free car wash and vacuum.Do you believe?

Most of them are friendly and don't hard sell,don't worry!

They just want to attract more customers,that's all.

To be frank,some of the mechanic are very skillful and knowledgeable.At least better than those service adviser from AD,lol...

• Praise 1

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/sg/en/pdf/Service/KiaCareLiteServicePlan_March2018.pdf

i dun know if u mean this 1.

but if this, i can only say super bo hua.

the only thing replace is shell oil ( now offer 30+ 4L) oil filter ,drain plug washer.

the rest is just check inspect top up ( actually nothing to top up at all )

No not this.

I bought this...

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/sg/en/pdf/Service/KiaCareServicePlan_Feb2018.pdf

I prefer to go to AD because their technicians are trained according to the brand. Meaning, they are trained by KIA Korea.

I have owned 4 cars... my first car serviced at AD and sold after 3 yrs. my 2nd car serviced with AD and sold after 3 yrs too. My 3rd car, went to outside workshop to service because my friends tell me it’s cheaper than AD. I did and regret. I sold after 4 yrs.

Why do I regret? Because I paid workshop to service n solve car problems and yet they cant solve it. Yes, outside workshop is cheaper. But wait till u meet major issue on ur car.. u will see the need from AD to help. Korean and Japanese cars are easier to repair. Wait till u have ur continental car. My 3rd car is a continental car.

I send to AD is for a piece of mind. Pay more is better than letting ur car sit in the workshop for a mth and cannot repair.

I experienced it once, i scare already. So i will go AD.

I bought the package becos if i go ala carte servicing, my major service will cost me $600-$700. The package consist of my next 4 servicing cost me $1094. So why not? :)

if  look carefully, the only thing worth money is under replacement sections.

other then engine oil and oil filters,

they replace for u air filters, cabin filters, spark plugs and fuel filters.

which cost u how much???

inspect/top up/ajust is all foc almost everywhere as long as u service with them.

any thing after inspection, for example

brake pad need replacement,

u need to pay extra.

which is why every 1 is more then happy to check your car throughly for u. right??

i wont say u wrong to sign up. 1 man meat is another posion,

as long as u got no budget issue, and u feel peace of mind only doing at AD, then go ahead.

if not u should take a wider look outside.

if look carefully, the only thing worth money is under replacement sections.

which cost u how much???

inspect/top up/ajust is all foc almost everywhere as long as u service with them.

u need to pay extra.

which is why every 1 is more then happy to check your car throughly for u. right??

as long as u got no budget issue, and u feel peace of mind only doing at AD, then go ahead.

Hmm... for a piece of mind.. i send to AD...

so i sign up the package becos of the savings i get as compare to go ala carte servicing....

I prefer to go to AD because their technicians are trained according to the brand. Meaning, they are trained by KIA Korea.

I have owned 4 cars... my first car serviced at AD and sold after 3 yrs. my 2nd car serviced with AD and sold after 3 yrs too. My 3rd car, went to outside workshop to service because my friends tell me it’s cheaper than AD. I did and regret. I sold after 4 yrs.

Why do I regret? Because I paid workshop to service n solve car problems and yet they cant solve it. Yes, outside workshop is cheaper. But wait till u meet major issue on ur car.. u will see the need from AD to help. Korean and Japanese cars are easier to repair. Wait till u have ur continental car. My 3rd car is a continental car.

I send to AD is for a piece of mind. Pay more is better than letting ur car sit in the workshop for a mth and cannot repair.

I bought the package becos if i go ala carte servicing, my major service will cost me $600-$700. The package consist of my next 4 servicing cost me $1094. So why not? :)

Maybe you are not in luck to find a good mechanic.

If you are not familiar with car,think best is still stick to AD for peace of mind.

I been to so many workshop with those cheap servicing package deal.

l have seen so many mechanic at works.Some are real good,some are half past

six.

Example like simple head light bulb change.

"A" shop mechanic change need to dismantle this and that.Take half an hrs to change.Tell me due to the design of my car.And the bulb only last 1yrs plus burn off.

"B" shop mechanic change the same bulb and cheaper and more lasting only take 5 minutes to change without dismantle those unnecessary things.

So you can see the difference from here.

You are right about those AD mechanic are specially train for their car.So they know best.But those simple servicing maybe are do by their ite apprentice?who knows?lol....

(edited)

I have owned 4 cars... my first car serviced at AD and sold after 3 yrs. my 2nd car serviced with AD and sold after 3 yrs too. My 3rd car, went to outside workshop to service because my friends tell me itâs cheaper than AD. I did and regret. I sold after 4 yrs.

$1094 for 4 servicing for conti car is a reasonably good option provided they use synthetic oil. But your perception of conti car repair may not be the same as many others here. Some conti cars can be easily serviced and repaired by third party workshops, unless you are referring to some of the less mainstream brands/models. Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic

I got a feeling he is paid a commission if the car drink the tonic.

Heard Kia tonic got korean ginseng inside....

what conti car you drive?

A lot of us don't regret sending our Merc, BMW or Audi to outside WS.

Since you don't keep your car beyond 3rd year, never mind la

Supersonic

if look carefully, the only thing worth money is under replacement sections.

which cost u how much???

u need to pay extra.

Don’t get me started on the brake pads....

At 20k service, the SA say my pads ‘very worn out’, need to replace. Which I thought was a bit premature n didn’t feel any decline in braking performance

Neber mind, give them benefit of the doubt since still quite new to the heavy Sorento n lots of start stop city driving.

Took a look at the old pads which the left behind in the car, pads still looked pretty thick. Felt quite cheated

At 40k service, SA tried to pull the same trick again. Told them dun bother la

• Praise 1

Previously ADs could threaten to void warranty if u dun let them service during warranty period. Now that it's been outlawed, such packages are redundant n look like poor value for money.

Plus, the SAs like to upsell useless stuff like engine flush n quietly tick for u when bring in for service. Even simple service item like tyre rotation is not included in the service package n is separately chargable. Hv to opt-out otherwise kena charge if u dun object. That's really the last straw...

It is NOT outlaw ho.

For warranty, what's the T & C from AD that allows owner to service outside?

Without anything in writing, think carefully. The onus is owner to prove that servicing was done on factory spec.

Supersonic
(edited)

It is NOT outlaw ho.

For warranty, what's the T & C from AD that allows owner to service outside?

Without anything in writing, think carefully. The onus is owner to prove that servicing was done on factory spec.

So we’re still screwed? Edited by Soya

So we’re still screwed?

So we’re still screwed?

Ar bu then.

All AD went silent after that announcement.

↡ Advertisement