COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2018

Carbon82

Hi guys! It’s my first time booking a car so I’m not really sure abt the procedure. If the car that I have booked have no ready stocks available (ETA sep), does that mean that my dealer will likely not bid for my COE until nearer to sept?

Depending on your sales Adviser, if they want to secure the COE first which mostly they will score the COE on 1st bid.

I bought my car from Kah on Labour day 1may 2016, And immediately secure my coe on first bid on may at COE $47889.

My car was not ready stock and had to wait till end July to collect. So I guess its up to the dealer to decide whether to go for bidding or not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Depending on your sales Adviser, if they want to secure the COE first which mostly they will score the COE on 1st bid.

I bought my car from Kah on Labour day 1may 2016, And immediately secure my coe on first bid on may at COE $47889.

My car was not ready stock and had to wait till end July to collect. So I guess its up to the dealer to decide whether to go for bidding or not.

Ic. Thanks for sharing. Hope I’ll be able to get my COE soon

Hi guys! Itâs my first time booking a car so Iâm not really sure abt the procedure. If the car that I have booked have no ready stocks available (ETA sep), does that mean that my dealer will likely not bid for my COE until nearer to sept?

A COE bid is valid for 6 months. I Guess if the COE price is right and you are on guaranteed COE scheme, chances of you getting COE first time is very high!!
  • Praise 1

Matching GAP between cat A and cat B to 30k. Quota is expected to be higher in next 3 months. Nobody will be silly to pay higher coe when quota is still high. Unless LTA cut till the quota level in 2009 to 2013.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Matching GAP between cat A and cat B to 30k. Quota is expected to be higher in next 3 months. Nobody will be silly to pay higher coe when quota is still high. Unless LTA cut till the quota level in 2009 to 2013.

The 0% growth rate just implemented this year will be valid till 2020 when they will do the next review and likely it will be negative or remains at 0%. They won't anyhow cut. The current are mainly replacement COEs which is still quite massive till next year Edited by Dafansu

The 0% growth rate just implemented this year will be valid till 2020 when they will do the next review and likely it will be negative or remains at 0%. They won't anyhow cut. The current are mainly replacement COEs which is still quite massive till next year

Actually I thought they shd have hold back some COEs in the boom years to make up for the low COEs in the lean years and even things out

Turbocharged

Actually I thought they shd have hold back some COEs in the boom years to make up for the low COEs in the lean years and even things out

dont think they will do that suddenly as the follow their time frame. 2014, 2018, 2020 adjustment time frame. 

Supersonic

The 0% growth rate just implemented this year will be valid till 2020 when they will do the next review and likely it will be negative or remains at 0%. They won't anyhow cut. The current are mainly replacement COEs which is still quite massive till next year

They continue cut then kick them out.
  • Praise 1

2002 to 2008, coe maintained between 10k to 20k, car age was 5-7 years since it was more economical to export used car to oversea, plus parf value and coe rebate, car owner tend to change car.

If lta never declared cutting quota till 20-30% after 2009, coe Price might still stay between 10-20k. Because of the cut, coe shoot up to 30 to 90k. It made those owner sold their car to internal market in more economical way. This resulted big pool of 8 years to more than 10 years car running on the road since 2016 till now.

So now with coe 30k, quota will still be maintained at high level in order to scrap 8 years or older car.

So coe price lower than 30k can be lasted another 2 years till car population less than 7 years. Gov to increase revenue may cut quota initially again like 2009 3-4 years later

• Praise 1

2002 to 2008, coe maintained between 10k to 20k, car age was 5-7 years since it was more economical to export used car to oversea, plus parf value and coe rebate, car owner tend to change car.

If lta never declared cutting quota till 20-30% after 2009, coe Price might still stay between 10-20k. Because of the cut, coe shoot up to 30 to 90k. It made those owner sold their car to internal market in more economical way. This resulted big pool of 8 years to more than 10 years car running on the road since 2016 till now.

So now with coe 30k, quota will still be maintained at high level in order to scrap 8 years or older car.

So coe price lower than 30k can be lasted another 2 years till car population less than 7 years. Gov to increase revenue may cut quota initially again like 2009 3-4 years later

Interesting points raised.

If I follow you correctly, government wants people to scrap 8 years or older cars and they do it by keeping the quota high for these 2 years.

My question is why would government want people to scrap their 8 years or older cars?

Interesting points raised.

If I follow you correctly, government wants people to scrap 8 years or older cars and they do it by keeping the quota high for these 2 years.

My question is why would government want people to scrap their 8 years or older cars?

1) better emission

2) break down and accident frequency rate

3) country image

4) to encourage expenditure, in 2002-2009, car owner sold car to agency, agency export to oversea plus parf and coe rebate, 5 year one car, 2016-2018, 15 years old car still on the road, 15 year one car.

Twincharged

Don’t understand all the Mumbo jumbo, written above.

Quota high or low has some bearing on the coe prices but how does one explain that the quota now is still lower than in 2016/7 and yet prices are approaching half that in 2016/7.

Yes yes I know that uber and grab distorted the market the last 2 years. Going forward, even with the lower quota numbers prices are still sliding. Thus no one can really predict what’s happening to the coe prices in the end.

1) better emission

2) break down and accident frequency rate

3) country image

4) to encourage expenditure, in 2002-2009, car owner sold car to agency, agency export to oversea plus parf and coe rebate, 5 year one car, 2016-2018, 15 years old car still on the road, 15 year one car.

Hope your reasoning will hold true. I am changing car next year.

Until now no one predicting a drop. I shall take the “less travelled but many bros wanted” route

A - $23,888

B - $28,888

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Until now no one predicting a drop. I shall take the âless travelled but many bros wantedâ route

A - $23,888

B - $28,888

If really drop until such prices, then those who are bidding in the coming round should treat you kopi.
↡ Advertisement