COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2018

Carbon82

Haih, it's really forever to reach next coe bidding 8 Aug. Time freezing

Yesss I'm feeling that since the 2nd July bidding.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
"As part of its operations, HDTT will need to ensure that sufficient charging stations are set up island-wide to support its fleet."

I understand all e-car manufacturers are using different charger.  Wouldn't now a good time that LTA do something about it rather than down the road when e-car becomes economical but face the charger compatibility issue?  We can avoid the situation of bicycles parking every where if only a little far sight is applied.

But hey, that's why there are more short-sighted people these days (pun intended) .

Edited by Reo
  • Praise 1

Anybody can advise how long it usually takes from the car registration date to collection date?

My experience:-

From AD:- 2 working days from registration [drivingcar]

From PI:- Same day from registration [drivingcar]

My experience:-

From AD:- 2 working days from registration [drivingcar]

From PI:- Same day from registration [drivingcar]

Thanks for sharing! My SE said 2-3 days but it’s the 4th day alr and he is still telling us that there’s no updates on the collection date yet. Not sure if i shld be concerned abt it.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks for sharing! My SE said 2-3 days but it’s the 4th day alr and he is still telling us that there’s no updates on the collection date yet. Not sure if i shld be concerned abt it.

Maybe your AD have too many cars to be deliver [nod]

Can give your salesman a call to press him a bit cos once the car is registered, your COE lifespan activates on that day [drivingcar]  

Edited by Mzrmazda3

How is cat B gg to move in the coming months?

I am also waiting for cat B to drop below 30k, but AD only can hold order till Dec latest. Come to think of it, when Coe up, AD throws in more perks, Coe drop AD just pull back the perks (like reduce free servicing, leather seats, solar film, trade in value, etc. ), these are the usual tricks. So I thinking whether there is any point at all in waiting for Coe to drop? Any wise advice here pls
  • Praise 1

I am also waiting for cat B to drop below 30k, but AD only can hold order till Dec latest. Come to think of it, when Coe up, AD throws in more perks, Coe drop AD just pull back the perks (like reduce free servicing, leather seats, solar film, trade in value, etc. ), these are the usual tricks. So I thinking whether there is any point at all in waiting for Coe to drop? Any wise advice here pls

now cat b coe 32k not far from your target of <30k. Unless u aiming for $20k coe and believe it will happen and can afford to wait, if not I don't see much point in waiting. In year 2020 COE quota will drop a lot due to the halving of coe in 2010 and that will happen in 1 year+ time. There is a high chance of shooting up in the price. Although a lot of COE are released into the market this year, I don't think the price will fall dramatically as many buyers will come in before 2020. Not forgetting a new taxi coy is coming in to fight for Cat E coe and these coe are usually used for Cat B cars. Price should remain at 32-35k mark and go up nearing to 2020. 

• Praise 1

now cat b coe 32k not far from your target of <30k. Unless u aiming for $20k coe and believe it will happen and can afford to wait, if not I don't see much point in waiting. In year 2020 COE quota will drop a lot due to the halving of coe in 2010 and that will happen in 1 year+ time. There is a high chance of shooting up in the price. Although a lot of COE are released into the market this year, I don't think the price will fall dramatically as many buyers will come in before 2020. Not forgetting a new taxi coy is coming in to fight for Cat E coe and these coe are usually used for Cat B cars. Price should remain at 32-35k mark and go up nearing to 2020. 

Agreed. If can afford, just buy now as from the trend, COE is rather low compared to last year and previous year. From the way the AD take in orders, COE may remain or shoot up a little bit. Unlikely to go down in the coming bidding.

• Praise 1

Exactly my sentiments on Coe trend, though renewing my current cat B ride for 10 yrs is another option, but it will cost me a lot more on FC for old car. I aiming a new hybrid that will offset the new car cost against petrol savings, plus savings from not having to worry about old parts replacement

• Praise 2

2019 to 2020 might be the lowest COE quota years.  Since many owners renewed their COE for 5 years from 2016 to 2017, the COE supply might go up slightly in 2021-2022 again.

From the news below, once the GPS ERP rolls out from 2020, the cost of car ownership will go up and it will be easier to reduce congestion at specific road easily with higher ERP rates along those stretches.

There is a good chance that the vehicle population growth rate might be allowed to increase slightly (e.g. 0.5-1% p.a.) to catch up with population growth if the GPS ERP is successful in managing usage.

LTA to trial equipment for satellite-based ERP, number plate recognition systems

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/lta-trial-satellite-based-erp-number-plate-recognition-systems

LTA to roll out next-generation ERP from 2020, NCS-MHI to build system for $556m

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ncs-mhi-to-build-islandwide-satellite-based-erp-for-556m

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1