Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Turbocharged

the rebound is pure luck, it could fall to any 1, but on this night it fall to messi.

the freekick is out of nowhere, he dun score alot of freekick this season, and it happen this 1 go in,,,

No leh, Messi scored quite a number of free kicks this season, and most of them are those top corners one where no gk can save

He has truly become one of the best free kickers in the world

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Forget about Barca for now. 3-0, the game at Anfield will be do it or die anyway.

Now we need to focus on the game at St James. Win the game against the magpies, put pressure back to manc and let the final league game be a memorable one. YNWA

Edited by kopfan
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

We have two Messi.

The Egyptian Messi and the Swiss Messi.

:D

afraid we should reframe from consoling ourselves this way. 

The Egyptian messi had a open goal to score yet contrived to hit the post. Swiss messi - nowhere to be seen last evening.  

BTW, Keita is also injured during the game so we have 1 less option from middle of the park this sat and next Tuesday.  We needed some attacking flair in the middle of the park to open defences hence his absence will be missed.  

I woke up to watch the game and I must say, we did not perform poorly; except in the first half whereby we were losing concentration and not patient in holding the possession by making those wayward passes and losing it.

We lost to Barca bec of masterclass by individuals whose instincts are so predatory as Barca does it so frequently in La Liga with their confidence spreading across their outfield players.

We troubled Barca with several movements down their left while they troubled us down our right. Suarez goal is world class and well-timed movements and great poacher instincts. The Messi goal is world class too and it was weighted with precision towards AB's top right corner. We had our moments but was just one of those nights we would not have scored. 

Barca was not comfortable after the break and you can see their relief after extending their lead. Barca's celebrations say it all as Liverpool tried to score an equaliser with several passes. 

A few seasons ago, we could not have survived against Barca bec with this current spine, and a few additions in the next few seasons (provided we retain key players and not lose them), i blve JK can find a winning formula against such mighty opponents.

I used Liverscore to compare both Liv and Man Utd stats agast Barca at Nou Camp. Man Utd had 35% possession (3 on target and 3 off target) while Liverpool had 51% possession (4 on target and 6 off target). I also read earlier reports that Barca seldom seemed some uncomfy at Nou Camp as they were wary of Liverpool's threats. If you notice Barca's play, they relied on Coutinhno, Suarez and Messi to bring their players into Liverpool's half. That said, two things stand out for me; one is Barca's class and the other is Liverpool's lack of a poacher like Diego Costa to get us an odd goal. Messi's age may last him a full match but his fitness to withstand a EPL match is a doubt. Only his dribbles and poacher instincts bail his shortcomings. Even an ageing Suarez also does not seem to run as much at a defence anymore but his movements and instincts are key attributes of his game.

While some remarked that Firmino's late inclusion in the game was not necessary, i think it was a gamble by JK to get an odd away goal for the return game at Anfield. On JG's inclusion, i think it was kind of expected as TAA can get easily exploited with aerial balls and his pace; like how Man City exploited using Sane. 

Do we still have a chance to get to the finals? Yes, i think so. We just need to score early and bring it into extra time. Even if we do not, we learn from it and grow from it. It must be a football lesson where we progress to become more clinical in finishing and stingy in defending, than roll backwards after a few seasons of good progress under JK.

YNWA Reds, not a great day for majority of us but at least, we know that we can be beaten, but learn from it and show others how we play our brand of football and be recognised to attract aspiring players during the transfer windows.

YNWA, We Go Again.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If we can overturn 3 goals in 45 mins in the past, we have double that time to do it now, and on home ground. Never stop believing.

nah.....by now, i hv stopped quoting that game. they managed to do it bcos they took milan by surprise. nobody tot they can do it. so for us fans to keep saying abt that game n consoling ourselves that there r 90mins more to score 3....that's jus being in denial. 

obviously opponents will b more prepared n wont let pool score 3 so easily. esp at this stage, opponents r very very gd. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

nah.....by now, i hv stopped quoting that game. they managed to do it bcos they took milan by surprise. nobody tot they can do it. so for us fans to keep saying abt that game n consoling ourselves that there r 90mins more to score 3....that's jus being in denial. 

obviously opponents will b more prepared n wont let pool score 3 so easily. esp at this stage, opponents r very very gd. 

that's true.. even against teams like huddersfield, Cardiff,etc - we do not fully expect to beat them by clear 3 goals week in week out..  just cos we are desperate to progress and need these goals means that we can get them readily. 

There are still 90 minutes to play... really depends whether our forwards put on scoring boots...  and defense must be water-tight.. concede 1 more and pool need to score 5!  

• Praise 1

I’d suggest all other homegrown pool fans with no ticket to the game gather along the route to the stadium and sing out loud YNWA when buses of both sides arrive... sure boost home team morale and make barca chua sai.

Supercharged
(edited)

Losing already still dont sub, later all the paper manager kpkb again.

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The final score of Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool seems loopsided but it does not reflect the strong play ethics and endeavour of the LFC team.

The LFC possession stats of 52.4% is a record which no other visiting teams has done in Camp Nou this season.

If you watch the game carefully, the fair score could be 3-3, not 3-0. 

Mane, Milner and Salah could have scored.

The final score for the first leg actually flattered the Catalans. Barca players and supporters seems somewhat relieved at the final whistle.

So for the return match at Anfield, it may be difficult for LFC to win the tie based on overall aggregate score, but it's ain't impossible. There is still hope because there is another 90 minutes to play right?

YNWA when you have the 12th man in your playing team. LFC boleh!

• Praise 6

Now with Kieta out for the rest of the season, we shall expect to see ox and shaqiri pushing themselves into Liverpool final 2 league games and the CL game at Anfield. I don't think Magpies are motivated to play and hopefully, Rafa could reward some of his bench players into starting eleven this weekend. If we managed to score within 15 min, I would expect Klopp to go for 4 goals margin as a practice game for the CL return leg and as well as an insurance for the final league game, in case manc losing the league game against Leicester and or Brighton.

Turbocharged

I feel the biggest difference between Barca and Pool last night was that when Barca attack, they were very fast with one touch football and hence, very difficult for Pool defenders to react and knowing who to track.

This is why they turn their few chances to goals.

Pool on the other hand was slow. When Mane or Salah gets the ball, they try to dribble, they try to hold the ball, etc....and by the time they pass, Barca had already organised the defence. It is quite predictable actually.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Keita out for season due to training injury???

Thought he pulled up with groin injury in the barca game.

I feel the biggest difference between Barca and Pool last night was that when Barca attack, they were very fast with one touch football and hence, very difficult for Pool defenders to react and knowing who to track.

This is why they turn their few chances to goals.

Pool on the other hand was slow. When Mane or Salah gets the ball, they try to dribble, they try to hold the ball, etc....and by the time they pass, Barca had already organised the defence. It is quite predictable actually.

The quality of the players ultimately.

That's why suarez costs 60+ mil pounds. And why sometimes barca finds it hard to get players to fit in. Even coutinho who's a gifted footballer.

• Praise 1

Thought he pulled up with groin injury in the barca game.

The quality of the players ultimately.

That's why suarez costs 60+ mil pounds. And why sometimes barca finds it hard to get players to fit in. Even coutinho who's a gifted footballer.

watched the 2nd half and hence did not see him got injured. Haiz....

frankly i was half suspecting Suarez not celebrate if he scored. I was wrong.

Hypersonic

watched the 2nd half and hence did not see him got injured. Haiz....

frankly i was half suspecting Suarez not celebrate if he scored. I was wrong.

Really? Suarez doesn't care one lah.

he gives 100% on the pitch, but he really doesn't give a shit about club loyalty or what. He just wants to win. The way he engineered the move is evident.

If he leaves barca and score against them, he also don't care one. He's one minded in that way.

↡ Advertisement