Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

http://global.espn.com/football/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3569721/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-now-spending-big-whats-changed-since-his-pogba-comments?src=com

Two years ago, when Manchester United spent £89.3 million to bring Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford from Juventus, the disdain radiating from Anfield was palpable. "The day this is football, I'm not in a job anymore," manager Jurgen Klopp said. "I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

Any thoughts?

That's to a large extent down to market forces lor.

Just look at how COE prices have changed in SG within 2 years, and we will understand liao [laugh]  (although now in 2 yr, COE dropped - instead of skyrocketed - substantially)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Danny Ward to Leicester is confirmed.

The 25-year-old has now signed a four-year deal with the Foxes, who are believed to have paid £12.5 million for his services, along with a 20 percent sell-on clause.

All the best

• Praise 1

Purists wont survive in this business. Its Simple, Only winners survive

When do not have $$, will claim value buy better, academy products better, crazy to send $$$$$ on one player etc etc

But when have $$$,of course will use $$$ to attract and buy the best talents

When Jose won the league the last time with Chelsea and Man U bought Di Maria etc,

if remembered correctly, he apparently said Man U trying to buy the league   [laugh]

Well, I would think Pogba is considered Player Zero. The one that started the money ball rolling. Of cos before him there were CR and Bale. But that was RM, where money is like tap water. After Pogba we saw the astronomical sums paid for Neymar, Mbappe, Dembele and then Coutinho. Fact is the money bar has been raised substantially! What is 20-30m is now 50m. Mahrez is 60M, Maguire is now reportedly valued at 50M !!! 

So tell me, is Alisson really that "expensive" ? If Oblak and DDG were to be on the market, I dun think they can be had for 55M. 

As for Klopp, yeah he backtracked. So what? It would be foolish of him to let an opportunity to sign someone he really wanted just becos of what he said 2 years ago.... And when boss ok to open wallet, better mai tu liao !! happy.gif

A jolly good window for me, It's been some time since I was excited for the upcoming season. Previously was in "hoping" mood nia .... this time slightly different yahoo.gif

my reply from another forum

fair comment. Maybe that's why Fekir was sought out. We do need that extra bit of creativity for teams like ManU  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

(edited)

Liverpool have named a 29-man squad for their tour of the United States and participation in the International Champions Cup.

The Reds depart for America in the early hours of Saturday morning and will visit Charlotte, East Rutherford and Ann Arbor during an eight-day trip.

Jürgen Klopp’s side have three ICC fixtureson their schedule: Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, Manchester City next Wednesday and Manchester United next Saturday.

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Sturridge, Grujic, Klavan, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Solanke, Matip, Phillips, Jones, Markovic, Ojo, Woodburn, Kelleher, Camacho, Chirivella, Grabara.

Danny Ings will not travel and will instead remain at Melwood for extra training after missing several sessions since pre-season began due to blisters and a minor ankle injury.

Summer signing Xherdan Shaqiri is set to join up with the group in time for the New Jersey leg of the trip, at the conclusion of his break after representing Switzerland at the World Cup

Ings did not travel ..... hmmm 

And has Salah fully recovered ? 

Edited by Othello

Supersonic

Liverpool have named a 29-man squad for their tour of the United States and participation in the International Champions Cup.

The Reds depart for America in the early hours of Saturday morning and will visit Charlotte, East Rutherford and Ann Arbor during an eight-day trip.

Jürgen Kloppâs side have three ICC fixtureson their schedule: Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, Manchester City next Wednesday and Manchester United next Saturday.

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Sturridge, Grujic, Klavan, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Solanke, Matip, Phillips, Jones, Markovic, Ojo, Woodburn, Kelleher, Camacho, Chirivella, Grabara.

Danny Ings will not travel and will instead remain at Melwood for extra training after missing several sessions since pre-season began due to blisters and a minor ankle injury.

Summer signing Xherdan Shaqiri is set to join up with the group in time for the New Jersey leg of the trip, at the conclusion of his break after representing Switzerland at the World Cup

Ings did not travel ..... hmmm

And has Salah fully recovered ?

Salah may not be fully recovered but he can still travel with the team. who knows maybe he may play some minutes...
  • Praise 1

sorry lah... the defence and midfield are nothing near Ferrari grade 

at most Volkswagen only :D

This kind of Volks huh?

As long as can go past felali, porche and massa roti

can already lah.

:D

• Praise 1

Hmmmm............ how about Kylian Mbappe coming over to Pool also ... :secret-laugh:

ESPN : Fabinho jokes he'll get Kylian Mbappe to swap PSG for Liverpool

First-year Liverpool player Fabinho has joked that he will "try slowly to convince" former Monaco teammate Kylian Mbappe to swap Paris for Merseyside.

Fabinho, 24, and Mbappe both played for Monaco before the former signed for Liverpool and the latter moved to Paris Saint-Germain.

And the Brazilian told reporters about the newly minted World Cup winner with France: "Kylian Mbappe sent me a text message congratulating me for coming to Liverpool.

Link : http://global.espn.com/football/liverpool/story/3570141/fabinho-jokes-hell-get-kylian-mbappe-to-swap-psg-for-liverpool

[bounce2]  [bounce2]

Mane ask Keita to join and he did.

Firmino ask Alisson to join and he did.

Gini ask VVD to join and he did.

So its only a matter of time before Mbappe comes.

:grin:  
  • Praise 1

I would really laugh if after spending 89m Utd 

decided that Pogba is not they player for them

and sold him.

As for 66m for Alisson even a player like Danny Ward

who has never played in the PL but only played for 

Championship side is worth 12.5m puts prices in perspective.

Just like property 980k in 2008 can get you landed property.

Today 980k gets you a 99 year 2 bedder in Woodleigh.

:D

• Praise 1

So we lost to Pulisic! Buy him! Hahaha

As far as online news go, it seems Keita and Fabinho has settled in very well. And they say Tofu is playing like man possessed.....

Can't wait to see how we play when all the big guns are back

So we lost to Pulisic! Buy him! Hahaha

As far as online news go, it seems Keita and Fabinho has settled in very well. And they say Tofu is playing like man possessed.....

Can't wait to see how we play when all the big guns are back

This one really dunno how to think. Had kept faith with him so many years, cos of his brilliant form when him and suarez swept the teams they played against.

the last 3 seasons though had been nothing but disappointment, plus his hefty salary.

Is it about time for him to pay the club back for his good fortune, or is it going to be the same as the previous few seasons??

• Praise 1

wa lao, this Matip is fast becoming Tofu 2. 

Or is there something wrong with our training regime ? or water supply dirty ?  [laugh]