Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Thought got rumour we getting Lovren's centre back partner Vida? [laugh]

even if get him, he and his buddy will same same enjoy sunshine now and only start warm up after season has began leh...

when need them, not available.

Then later both buddy buddy come back, with gomez, klavan, vvd... play majong also got spare leh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Heard Karius considering leaving Liverpool in view of Allison's incoming. He is considering his options after knowing Allison is coming in to replace him as No. 1. He is furious over the fact that he was not consulted despite the assurances from Klopp.

I will say if there are suitable offers for him, he can leave. I rather keep Mignolet be No. 2 than having him around.

There is no basis for him to be furious after his performances and repeated costly mistakes. He should be glad if LFC keeps him as a No. 2 as I don't think any club in the right frame of mind would offer something decent for his services.

does Karius have reason to be furious?... one wonders what Klopp told him privately...

(edited)

Heard Karius considering leaving Liverpool in view of Allison's incoming. He is considering his options after knowing Allison is coming in to replace him as No. 1. He is furious over the fact that he was not consulted despite the assurances from Klopp.

I will say if there are suitable offers for him, he can leave. I rather keep Mignolet be No. 2 than having him around.

There is no basis for him to be furious after his performances and repeated costly mistakes. He should be glad if LFC keeps him as a No. 2 as I don't think any club in the right frame of mind would offer something decent for his services.

I feel for Karius ..... His mistakes were really HUGE, and I hope he can overcome this and have a successful career, be it at Liverpool or other club.  It's such a pity cos his performance before that was good ...

Mig confirm will leave lah ............ 

jialat, means we're suddenly short of GK !! 

Edited by Othello

Pool paying Roma 66m means Roma went out and used the money to buy winger Malcolm.

Malcom was Spurs top target and they missed out.

This might cost Spurs a few points.

Nice bonus.

:D

Barcelona they want Mig.

Tell them on account of their big contribution of 140m last season, we are glad to offer Mig to them and not negotiate with other potential buyers. Just pay us $25m.

• Praise 1

I feel for Karius ..... His mistakes were really HUGE, and I hope he can overcome this and have a successful career, be it at Liverpool or other club.  It's such a pity cos his performance before that was good ...

I know what you mean. Actually just before the UCL final, i think many fans felt that Karius might be the right man already, but what a waste...

on the goalies, so there's a good chance Pool's 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice goalies for the last season will all no longer be around in the coming season... Need a decent back-up leh... can go where find huh?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I know what you mean. Actually just before the UCL final, i think many fans felt that Karius might be the right man already, but what a waste...

on the goalies, so there's a good chance Pool's 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice goalies for the last season will all no longer be around in the coming season... Need a decent back-up leh... can go where find huh?

My Father say must sell him. Can kelong during a cup final and so obvious one must sell...
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

no leh. I always felt Karius was over rated.  Mignolet is far more dependable and experienced. Although clearly not the "Klopp" type of GK.  

Karius came with big reputation in the german league.. however, have never showed the same form for 2 seasons already except for the 2nd half of last season whereby he played ok, not outstanding btw.  The hollers at the UCL final and the preseason games has definitely caused Klopp to react decisively.  

even if Karius and Mingolet leaves.. think it should not be an issue getting a backup keeper.. plenty of them around. 

• Praise 4

who are the Roberts to be carrot'ed? [laugh]

‘Liverpool have placed a £27million price tag on Divock Origi as Jurgen Klopp looks to trim his squad ahead of the new season. ‘The Reds are open to offers for Origi, who has struggled to impress since returning from a loan spell at Wolfsburg. ‘The Reds will demand £20million for the former Burnley frontman, who is being pursued by Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leicester City and Newcastle United. ‘Klopp doesn’t want to lose Ings but understands his reasons for wanting to seek a new challenge.

(edited)

ings works hard no doubt, but also a headless chicken.

i dont feel a pinch selling him.

I wish him well.

Edited by Hamburger

Pool paying Roma 66m means Roma went out and used the money to buy winger Malcolm.

Malcom was Spurs top target and they missed out.

This might cost Spurs a few points.

Nice bonus.

Ganna hijacked by Barca! Ji pai siao liao. Got money but no where to spend
  • Praise 1

I feel for Karius ..... His mistakes were really HUGE, and I hope he can overcome this and have a successful career, be it at Liverpool or other club. It's such a pity cos his performance before that was good ...

Joe hart is a decent gk. We should go for him if both Karius and mig want to leave

Now that Matip is injured, who will start along side vvd? Best centreback will probably miss first few weeks, thats leaves us with Klavan and Gomez.

Gomez is still young at 21. Unless he suddenly improves by leaps and bounds, he is still not ready to start. Wasn't that impressed with him last season. Klavan is just backup. Given that Lovren and Gomez were also out due to injury last season, I think we NEED to sign one more defender. I do not wish to see Gini or Milner as emergency defenders.

My thoughts is based on the context that we really want to challenge for the title this season!

I think Fabinho can play as a centreback as well

Supercharged

Joe hart is a decent gk. We should go for him if both Karius and mig want to leave

I think Fabinho can play as a centreback as well

Fabinho as CB? guess that will really be an emergency situation... there is still Klavan and Gomez as backups. 

Lovren is expected to miss the early weeks of the season as he will only be back 1 week before the start of the season. 

there are many GK options out there especially if we are just looking at a benchwarmer.  Mignolet may also stay put unless he can find another top club which needs a 1st team GK. Doubt he will move on to be a back up. then he might be better off staying put at Pool.

Karius is more likely to move on. I think it will be good for him. he needs a fresh start back in Germany. if he stays in the EPL, there will so much pressure on him and every small error will be magnified a few times compared to other GKs. He himself doesnt look like he has the mental state now to stay put and fight out the transitional pressures... he's been saying things to the press that just made things more difficult for himself. 

• Praise 1

no leh. I always felt Karius was over rated.  Mignolet is far more dependable and experienced. Although clearly not the "Klopp" type of GK.  

Karius came with big reputation in the german league.. however, have never showed the same form for 2 seasons already except for the 2nd half of last season whereby he played ok, not outstanding btw.  The hollers at the UCL final and the preseason games has definitely caused Klopp to react decisively.  

even if Karius and Mingolet leaves.. think it should not be an issue getting a backup keeper.. plenty of them around. 

Frankly i felt sorry for Mig, as Klopp was clearly bent on using Karius as no. 1, and was just waiting for the chance to effect it. But then Mig also 不争气,actually played so obviously badly in that 3-3 draw with gunners...

But Klopp is the one who's responsible so he has the final say.

Having sided and stuck with Karius few times liao, he has to be fair and treat Karius the way he treated Mig, otherwise he'll lose his moral authority liao lor...

Hope to have a decent back-up though, as you never know when will need to call on them...

↡ Advertisement