Do new cars need to go for alignment?

Golf7roy

some time back was doing alignment for the old car, was talking to the alignment guy and he said some new cars (certain models/brands) alignment is off...

wonder if its true

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If I open alignment shop I also say all new cars need to do alignment ; and thereafter it is best to do it every month . 

• Praise 5

some time back was doing alignment for the old car, was talking to the alignment guy and he said some new cars (certain models/brands) alignment is off...

wonder if its true

must say which brand what model lah, if not how to tell?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If I open alignment shop I also say all new cars need to do alignment ; and thereafter it is best to do it every month .

or fortnightly :XD:

wonder if its true

What's the shop name? This type of people has no integrity and honesty.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Yes. Because during shipping the new cars are tied down using straps strapped to the wheels and to linkages. During the journey there may be rough seas or whatever. Yeah, the alignment of the wheels do get affected.

I have been onboard a car carrier ship before. It's so big it's like a floating fortress.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Having car’s wheels aligned to the preferred specs will improve fuel economy, make your tires last longer, and provide a smoother and safer ride. An important vehicle maintenance item, wheel alignment is simply the process of making sure the wheels of a car are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the road. When tires are misaligned, they wear out faster, car won’t handle as well, braking can be affected, and traction can be reduced. I purchased a car when Toyota Supra For Sale. As the car was in overseas the sender of the car send the car by ship. In the ship the wheels were tied down using straps. So during the travel on large waves the ship moved badly and cause a small issue in the car wheels. For that reason alignment was necessary for me.

Even though if you buy domestically alignment should be done for better performance and safety. 

Edited by julianaray
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1