EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

8 rule changes for next season including VAR, subs, accidental handball, joining defensive wall, goal kicks, drop ball etc..........

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1139884/Premier-League-new-rule-changes-2019-20-drop-ball-goal-kick-VAR-substitutions

Wah sure got chaos for some of these.

But the one about attacking players cannot join the defenders' wall for direct free kick, is about 20 yr late leh.

I still remember teddy sheringham si bey chao kuan, last time always stand at the wall among defenders at one corner, then just as beckham strikes the direct free-kick, sheringham will pull one defender away, thereby creating an opening that beckham can accurately place the ball through into goal...

• Praise 3

Wah sure got chaos for some of these.

But the one about attacking players cannot join the defenders' wall for direct free kick, is about 20 yr late leh.

I still remember teddy sheringham si bey chao kuan, last time always stand at the wall among defenders at one corner, then just as beckham strikes the direct free-kick, sheringham will pull one defender away, thereby creating an opening that beckham can accurately place the ball through into goal...

Ya n some attackers even subtly shoulder barge the defenders out of the way. Anyway, I’m for most, if not all the changes. The penalties rule where the goalie cannot feign movement, touch the bar, n can’t be behind the line this rule I don’t quite agree as the odds are already against them so why make it so onerous on the goalie n also dont the kicker also feign movement?

• Praise 5

Ya n some attackers even subtly shoulder barge the defenders out of the way. Anyway, I’m for most, if not all the changes. The penalties rule where the goalie cannot feign movement, touch the bar, n can’t be behind the line this rule I don’t quite agree as the odds are already against them so why make it so onerous on the goalie n also dont the kicker also feign movement?

Just make sure the keeper stays ON THE LINE is good enough. See so many keepers step off the line with no action from ref.

If I'm not wrong, PK taker cannot feign or fake. One cannot run up, fake the keeper in diving one way, then kick the other way 

• Praise 3

Just make sure the keeper stays ON THE LINE is good enough. See so many keepers step off the line with no action from ref.

If I'm not wrong, PK taker cannot feign or fake. One cannot run up, fake the keeper in diving one way, then kick the other way

Yes agree, goalies staying on the line is good enough. No need other rules.

As for penalty takers, I notice a lot of them will check their run n make goalies commit n then kick the other side. They just do it subtly n not obvious but the sudden check is enough to commit most goalies so it’s hard for refs to order retake as technically not really wrong to check ie slow your run. Hazard particularly fond of doing this.

• Praise 5

Yes agree, goalies staying on the line is good enough. No need other rules.

As for penalty takers, I notice a lot of them will check their run n make goalies commit n then kick the other side. They just do it subtly n not obvious but the sudden check is enough to commit most goalies so itâs hard for refs to order retake as technically not really wrong to check ie slow your run. Hazard particularly fond of doing this.

so many new rules might well adopt the American football rules.
  • Praise 2

Ya n some attackers even subtly shoulder barge the defenders out of the way. Anyway, Iâm for most, if not all the changes. The penalties rule where the goalie cannot feign movement, touch the bar, n canât be behind the line this rule I donât quite agree as the odds are already against them so why make it so onerous on the goalie n also dont the kicker also feign movement?

Yeah should let them do Bruce Grobbalar rubber jelly legs or Dudek star fish exercise.

:D

• Praise 2

Yup, they will do all sorts of things. i think sheringham also did that, but was smart as in he will barge a bit first, then when the defender buay song and prime his own bodyweight to barge back, that's when sheringham - he must have mastered Taichi - will make use of the strong barge, and then pull the defenders along to make him lose balance. This way referee also can't fault him easily...

• Praise 5

Breaking news.........Sarri confirmed as Juventus boss on a 3yr contract.

Sarriball is about possession whilst Juve DNA is strong defence. Unless they want to change their philosophy, somehow I just don’t feel he is the right candidate for them but time will tell.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-juventus-confirm-maurizio-sarri-16526415

As for Chelsea, Frank Lampard the odds on favourite for the hot seat. Just feel he is too raw for a job as a top 6 club boss. Again, time will tell.

• Praise 7

Breaking news.........Sarri confirmed as Juventus boss on a 3yr contract.

Sarriball is about possession whilst Juve DNA is strong defence. Unless they want to change their philosophy, somehow I just don’t feel he is the right candidate for them but time will tell.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-juventus-confirm-maurizio-sarri-16526415

As for Chelsea, Frank Lampard the odds on favourite for the hot seat. Just feel he is too raw for a job as a top 6 club boss. Again, time will tell.

Sarri leaving was one of the worst-kept secrets. Let's hope he'll have better luck with fans' support there.

Will he bring his god son along?  [laugh]

Lampard managing Chelsea at this point, i also feel is too early. Even Gerrard who is Lampard's compatriot is deemed too early to be managing a top premier league side. And look what happened to Giggs...

It might throw Chelsea back a couple of years if Lampard really takes the job. It's better for Lampard to gain more experience and sharpen his managerial skills first before a really high-profile job.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sarri leaving was one of the worst-kept secrets. Let's hope he'll have better luck with fans' support there.

Will he bring his god son along?  [laugh]

Lampard managing Chelsea at this point, i also feel is too early. Even Gerrard who is Lampard's compatriot is deemed too early to be managing a top premier league side. And look what happened to Giggs...

It might throw Chelsea back a couple of years if Lampard really takes the job. It's better for Lampard to gain more experience and sharpen his managerial skills first before a really high-profile job.

Lampard should be the chosen one for Chelsea..... because he is a chelsea legend.

He knows the club inside out.

I strongly suckport his appointment as head coach.

• Praise 8

Pogba wants to leave Man United but United not keen on selling him n as he has few years left on his contract, the club has the upper hand unless he âchut patternâ which is possible as his agent is the infamous Mino Raiola.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-paul-pogba-stance-16527447

Could be a big distraction for MU in this transfer window.

He might be good but he is one that is difficult to tame.

• Praise 2

Pogba wants to leave Man United but United not keen on selling him n as he has few years left on his contract, the club has the upper hand unless he âchut patternâ which is possible as his agent is the infamous Mino Raiola.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-paul-pogba-stance-16527447

He is a big rat

leaving a sinking ship.

• Praise 3

Arsenal legend Robert Pires calls on the club to give Emery a bigger transfer budget.

I’ve said many times that not much wrong with the Arsenal squad that perhaps only 3 signings or so needed to make them competitive again but u need £ to get good players n if going to be tight fisted then the same 5th/6th place story will pan out.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1141208/Robert-Pires-Arsenal-Unai-Emery-budget-transfer-news-Soccer-Aid

• Praise 6

Arsenal legend Robert Pires calls on the club to give Emery a bigger transfer budget.

I’ve said many times that not much wrong with the Arsenal squad that perhaps only 3 signings or so needed to make them competitive again but u need £ to get good players n if going to be tight fisted then the same 5th/6th place story will pan out.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1141208/Robert-Pires-Arsenal-Unai-Emery-budget-transfer-news-Soccer-Aid

They need to stop buying attacking players, 

invest in gk and defenders / DM

and i think they will make a decent challenge on the title.

• Praise 4

They need to stop buying attacking players,

invest in gk and defenders / DM

and i think they will make a decent challenge on the title.

I had mentioned in the Gunners thread previously that Arsenal need 2 defenders n possibly a winger as they don’t really have a wide player but that’s my opinion n more importantly it’s Emery’s opinion that counts.

Anyway, my point was 2 fold ie 1) the club has to back the Mgr financially and 2) Arsenal is not that faraway from challenging for the title as they are not as bad as some pessimists are proclaiming. Yes they have underperformed for few years already but that is coz their squad is lopsided n it doesn’t help matters that the owners refuse to fork out £ to strengthen the team, my 2 cents.....

• Praise 3

He is a big rat

leaving a sinking ship.

He is a stinking rat

leaving a big ship.

Benitez contract expires next week. I think it is bye bye for sure.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5