EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

I dun think lampard is a big risk.

In fact i think big epl clubs should have the courage to let their former player try.

See how real let zizdane barc let pep be their first try at club management.

And it turn out well

Pep and Zidane were lucky cos their teams when they first went into management, were established teams in a league that isn't as competitive as EPL now is. The players were also very decent/good players and it was not that difficult to coach and manage, esp given they were very respected players before they retired.

While Lampard was a good player, i don't think he had the clout that Pep and Zidane had, and Chelsea faces a tough time with the transfer ban looming. If results are expected, and he can't deliver, it's going to be a hard landing for him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Spurs on the verge of signing Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for club record £71mil. That’s a huge price to pay for the normally tight fisted Daniel Levy. Not heard of this guy before but he must be good for Pochettino to want him n Levy to pay this kind of price, looking forward to see how he performs.....

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/club-record-fee-agreed-as-tottenham-close-in-on-no-1-summer-target

• Praise 6

So it’s not a bluff as Newcastle confirms Rafa Benitez is leaving at the end of the month.

A blow for the Toon Army.

Just goes to show how fickle football fate can be. Weeks back a saviour Sheikh was reported to be on the verge of buying over from Ashley n with new investment, things look rosy for the Magpies n there was even hope of breaking into the top 6. Now no sign of a Sheikh n worse still, their best Mgr for quite awhile has decided to quit......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7174893/Rafa-Benitez-leave-Newcastle-summer-three-seasons-charge.html

Oh dang!   [sly]   

• Praise 2

Ya si bei sian,

weekend no soccer to watch...

that explain why sg pay the highest for EPL....

No leh . . I tuned in MMA kwah kiews  . . . where got sian?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Spurs on the verge of signing Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for club record £71mil. That’s a huge price to pay for the normally tight fisted Daniel Levy. Not heard of this guy before but he must be good for Pochettino to want him n Levy to pay this kind of price, looking forward to see how he performs.....

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/club-record-fee-agreed-as-tottenham-close-in-on-no-1-summer-target

mean while asn still looking for bargain buy in the market.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7181169/Arsenal-return-improved-19m-offer-Celtic-Kieran-Tierney.html

if asn maintain their current def, i doubt they can make top 4 [;)]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Spurs on the verge of signing Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for club record £71mil. Thatâs a huge price to pay for the normally tight fisted Daniel Levy. Not heard of this guy before but he must be good for Pochettino to want him n Levy to pay this kind of price, looking forward to see how he performs.....

500days no new signing tia gong. So this is a relief. And also a spurs record transfer
  • Praise 1

Man Utd buys Wan-Bissaka for £35m fee with an additional £15m in add-ons, dependent upon United winning the Champions League.

Looks like Utd got a bargain for just £35m.

CP should just forget about the add-ons.

:D 

• Praise 2

I also never heard of him.

I blame Liverpool for making all the other clubs pay silly money for players people never heard of.

• Praise 2

Man Utd buys Wan-Bissaka for £35m fee with an additional £15m in add-ons, dependent upon United winning the Champions League.

certainly in yr 1 got no UCL.

i'm thinking even next few yr also not likely... to even get in, let alone win it.

• Praise 2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11745323/man-utd-agree-50m-aaron-wan-bissaka-fee-for-crystal-palace-defender

The 21-year-old defender will cost United £45m plus £5m in add-ons, which are understood to be based on appearances, and will fly to Manchester at 4pm on Wednesday evening before completing the first part of his medical.

35 or 45??

if 35 is really cheap

• Praise 2

David Silva, who has been so brilliant for Man City for 9 yr, has said that he will leave after the coming season, when he would have done 10 yr at City.

He's one of few players that I really enjoy watching, despite he plays for a rival team from the one i support.

Sigh... for selfish reason, i would have hoped that he'll leave now actually - shows how good he is...

I agree that it’s a big risk to appoint Lampard but then again with the transfer suspension for Chelsea, most of the established Mgrs might not want to come as they can’t bring in players of their choice.

I read that Roman has assured Lampard of a minimum 2 yr reign to implement his style n on board as many home grown players as he can which Chelsea have many but the football world is unforgiving n impatient n may not allow Lampard time to implement his ideas esp if consecutive results go against him. Let’s see......

Lai liao:

16.38 BST: Frank Lampard has agreed a three-year contract to become Chelsea's new manager worth £16.5m, according to The Sun.

Derby announced on Tuesday they had given Chelsea permission to speak to Lampard, who is manager of the Championship side.

• Praise 2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11745323/man-utd-agree-50m-aaron-wan-bissaka-fee-for-crystal-palace-defender

The 21-year-old defender will cost United £45m plus £5m in add-ons, which are understood to be based on appearances, and will fly to Manchester at 4pm on Wednesday evening before completing the first part of his medical.

35 or 45??

if 35 is really cheap

Think the fee is £45mil + £5mil add ons n the £5mil is not dependent on winning UCL, likely more appearance related. Palace initially wanted United to drop the 20-25% sell on fee for Zaha but United refused to budge.

Woodward/United, Maria G/Chelsea, Levy/Spurs n Arsenal have proven to be tough negotiators n none of them pay thru their noses which is expected of a top 6 side but whilst they did claim victories by getting selling clubs to come down on prices, they also lost out on potential signings by being a hard nut to crack.

Pool paid a lot for Allison n VVD but they were worth every penny as they were amongst the pillars to bring the UCL home so point I’m trying to make is that it’s a fine line to be drawn between balancing books ie getting money’s worth vs overpaying ie carrot head n these carrots turn out to be the missing pieces to win silverware.

• Praise 3

doubt? is confirm... these 2 seasons prove it liao

Don’t so sad bro, consecutive non participation in UCL might wake Kroenke & gang up when he sees players not wanting to join n revenue decline etc

Think Pool owners when first joined also abit tight fisted with value buys etc but they changed n put their money where their mouths are so u can nvr tell, good luck!

• Praise 3

Think the fee is £45mil + £5mil add ons n the £5mil is not dependent on winning UCL, likely more appearance related. Palace initially wanted United to drop the 20-25% sell on fee for Zaha but United refused to budge.

Woodward/United, Maria G/Chelsea, Levy/Spurs n Arsenal have proven to be tough negotiators n none of them pay thru their noses which is expected of a top 6 side but whilst they did claim victories by getting selling clubs to come down on prices, they also lost out on potential signings by being a hard nut to crack.

Pool paid a lot for Allison n VVD but they were worth every penny as they were amongst the pillars to bring the UCL home so point I’m trying to make is that it’s a fine line to be drawn between balancing books ie getting money’s worth vs overpaying ie carrot head n these carrots turn out to be the missing pieces to win silverware.

Tough negotiator? The guy who is paying Sanchez 500k pounds to sit on the bench? And in so doing destabilised the entire squad pay structure.

Then tried to cut the pay of their best midfield player (herrera) on contract negotiations and forced him to leave.

I mean daniel levy has to be the the toughest negotiator at any big club. But to lump woodward in with him is ... ...

Harry Maguire looks bound for City as United drops out of the race due to huge fee demanded. As I posted earlier, United don't want to be carrot head n are more prudent in their buys.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-maguire-transfer-shocker-man-17263101

Anyway this Maguire, I don’t see what’s the big deal about him. It’s just that he's English n more ball playing compared to most English CBs. Leicester wants a fee that surpasses VVD’s price which is madness!

• Praise 3

Tough negotiator? The guy who is paying Sanchez 500k pounds to sit on the bench? And in so doing destabilised the entire squad pay structure.

Then tried to cut the pay of their best midfield player (herrera) on contract negotiations and forced him to leave.

I mean daniel levy has to be the the toughest negotiator at any big club. But to lump woodward in with him is ... ...

I think he has learnt the tough way n is now more prudent after the Sanchez affair. So many of United’s opening offers this summer were lowballs which is not Woodward’s way previously.

To be fair, as I mentioned before Sanchez gets such high pay cos he was almost on a free n that’s why some players like to leave on a free cos the transfer fee saved by the buying club gets into their pay packets instead (not all but quite a fair bit).

• Praise 3

Harry Maguire looks bound for City as United drops out of the race due to huge fee demanded. As I posted earlier, United don't want to be carrot head n are more prudent in their buys.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-maguire-transfer-shocker-man-17263101

Anyway this Maguire, I don’t see what’s the big deal about him. It’s just that he's English n more ball playing compared to most English CBs. Leicester wants a fee that surpasses VVD’s price which is madness!

100m lol.

it dun help that maguire is very loyal to leicester. 

i salute him for that .

see how vdd force his move to pools, really disgusted

↡ Advertisement