COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2018

Carbon82

I heard that sales these 3 weeks were not good, hence it is likely that we will see coe drop in the next round.

Edited by slayer_yogi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I heard that sales these 3 weeks were not good, hence it is likely that we will see coe drop in the next round.

But the SEs I talked to yesterday says sales was quite good, so COE may go up by around 1 to 3k.

Ya. Sales after the 7k rebound seemed to have slowed down with many people having a lookout attitude currently. 

you mean VES is implemented for greed and not to curb harmful emissions?

wow

maybe must call my MP see what he say

During  CEVS, polluted cars was charge max $30k penalty.

After implement VES, polluted car was charge max $20k penalty.

10k discount for polluted car make sense? Please call your MP and feedback about this.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Today bidding starts! My guess is Cat A will go up slightly by about $1k while Cat B will go up by around $2k.

The COE Quota available for next Bidding Exercise

A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1,672

B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1,265

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 379

D MOTORCYCLE 845

E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 536

Looks like the COE price is going to stay above $30,000 for Cat A for this round

Edited by silvialite
  • Praise 1

But the SEs I talked to yesterday says sales was quite good, so COE may go up by around 1 to 3k.

maybe it depends on the cat? my enquiry was mainly about cat A cars, which should be most affected by coe price changes. my guess is for cat B, owners are less concerned about the few thousand dollars difference and 30+k is still considered very low for them.

I also look at dealer margin.

No right or wrong.

It depends how you perceive "value"

Some people's vfm means paying for the actual car.

While others vfm means paying for the brand and "shiokness"

That's why I keep to Jap n kor cars. Just a preference thinggy.

• Praise 2

I also look at dealer margin.

No right or wrong.

It depends how you perceive "value"

Some people's vfm means paying for the actual car.

While others vfm means paying for the brand and "shiokness"

That's why I keep to Jap n kor cars. Just a preference thinggy.

Lower dealer margin can also be perceived as higher car manufacturer margin. 

Highest margin is of course our dear govt....

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Good equipment levels, design, performance and safety features, branding heritage and perception, reliability assurance, decent warranty period - This is value for money or understanding what good value is.

Roping in dealer margin isn't. This is being overly calculative, cheapo, niao ji niao lan, boliao. 

I've had 6 different cars in the past 10 years. All of which score more than average for the above criteria (in their respective segment & price bracket), 3 of them were car of the year nominees or winners, but none of them I've taken into consideration dealer margin. Means all of them are not/less value for money?  [rolleyes]

*EDIT: Anyway my last post on this lah. You form whatever conclusion you want, thanks for the economics 101 lesson.

Changed 6 cars in 10 years.You are Elite.

You won't understand poor working people have to work hard to earn some money. Surely need to be calculative and cheapo when buying big ticket items.

I am one cheapo person too. :a-m1524:

• Praise 2

you mean VES is implemented for greed and not to curb harmful emissions?

wow

maybe must call my MP see what he say

Friend, c'mon la, wat u expect ur mp to say? "Yes yes we are greedy and ves is for $$$"?

Of cos ur mp will say ves is for the clean and green purpose la. Haha .. u believe huh .. wah piang. :D

• Praise 2

Downward trend is expected as backlogs are cleared over next 2 biddings. 

Cat A, B Target around ~$28k (+/- $2k)

Cat A = more COE

Cat B = marginally less COE

Cat D = < $5k (Bikes)

Twincharged

Good equipment levels, design, performance and safety features, branding heritage and perception, reliability assurance, decent warranty period - This is value for money or understanding what good value is.

Roping in dealer margin isn't. This is being overly calculative, cheapo, niao ji niao lan, boliao. 

I've had 6 different cars in the past 10 years. All of which score more than average for the above criteria (in their respective segment & price bracket), 3 of them were car of the year nominees or winners, but none of them I've taken into consideration dealer margin. Means all of them are not/less value for money?  [rolleyes]

*EDIT: Anyway my last post on this lah. You form whatever conclusion you want, thanks for the economics 101 lesson.

this reminds me of this case.

https://mothership.sg/2018/07/5-cents-complain-taxi-fare/

Friend, c'mon la, wat u expect ur mp to say? "Yes yes we are greedy and ves is for $$$"?

Of cos ur mp will say ves is for the clean and green purpose la. Haha .. u believe huh .. wah piang. :D

....gahman have already said that GST is to help the poor...FT are creating jobs for Sporean ,what else else will not comes out of their bs mouth....

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Changed 6 cars in 10 years.You are Elite.

You won't understand poor working people have to work hard to earn some money. Surely need to be calculative and cheapo when buying big ticket items.

I am one cheapo person too. :a-m1524:

bro.. change 6cars in 10yrs call elite? here got many more super elite ... they just quiet only hahhaa

Me 14cars in 15yrs more elite? 

no lor. instead my wife say i stupid waste money hahah

you are not cheapo la.. different ppl got different needs in life and different choices. i believe god is fair.. everyone will have something others dont have. i know some can be super rich but got family issue or health issue and some not so well to do, they have super family life which is great. 

u may have something which alot of ppl dont have... not " physical thing " hahhaha

Edited by Heman75
  • Praise 2

bro.. change 6cars in 10yrs call elite? here got many more super elite ... they just quiet only hahhaa

Me 14cars in 15yrs more elite? 

no lor. instead my wife say i stupid waste money hahah

you are not cheapo la.. different ppl got different needs in life and different choices. i believe god is fair.. everyone will have something others dont have. i know some can be super rich but got family issue or health issue and some not so well to do, they have super family life which is great. 

u may have something which alot of ppl dont have... not " physical thing " hahhaha

Rite, also depend wat car the person change. I hav a friend, he change cars almost every yr becas he always buy 8-9yr old car. So every 1yr or 1.5yr he change car. Old car change another old car. He think this is more cost saving. To each his own. He is not elite also not rich.

• Praise 4

During CEVS, polluted cars was charge max $30k penalty.

After implement VES, polluted car was charge max $20k penalty.

10k discount for polluted car make sense? Please call your MP and feedback about this.

Thanks.

You don’t know meh ... they say everything one what ! Last time say your car very fuel efficiency so give you CEVS rebate ... now change liao saying your car polluted to environment so tax you VES . In Hokkien say LPPL !

Hypersonic

nothing wrong with looking at dealers margins

it also provides a sense of how much one can negotiate before signing the deal

-_-

↡ Advertisement