COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2018

Carbon82

Rite, also depend wat car the person change. I hav a friend, he change cars almost every yr becas he always buy 8-9yr old car. So every 1yr or 1.5yr he change car. Old car change another old car. He think this is more cost saving. To each his own. He is not elite also not rich.

I think he must be regular to workshop ?

Changed 6 cars in 10 years.You are Elite.

You won't understand poor working people have to work hard to earn some money. Surely need to be calculative and cheapo when buying big ticket items.

I am one cheapo person too. :a-m1524:

AD and PI love it !
↡ Advertisement

I think he must be regular to workshop ?

haha , tats wat i think, but he say no leh. He say by 8/9yr most parts needed to change aldy change by ex-owner. Well, up to him. As for me I dun buy this idea lo  [laugh]

Motorcycle 845 quota is a lot.

The number of bids for the past few months did not even exceed this number.

If the number of bids is lower that quota, then this week  crash to $1.

Else, then very likely next round may crash to $1.

Time to get a brand new Honda Monkey bike for weekends fun.

• Praise 1

Good equipment levels, design, performance and safety features, branding heritage and perception, reliability assurance, decent warranty period - This is value for money or understanding what good value is.

Roping in dealer margin isn't. This is being overly calculative, cheapo, niao ji niao lan, boliao. 

I've had 6 different cars in the past 10 years. All of which score more than average for the above criteria (in their respective segment & price bracket), 3 of them were car of the year nominees or winners, but none of them I've taken into consideration dealer margin. Means all of them are not/less value for money?  [rolleyes]

*EDIT: Anyway my last post on this lah. You form whatever conclusion you want, thanks for the economics 101 lesson.

I can understand your point of view.  What happens if we buy a car that we do not like but is bcos the dealer made less money...  Will we still enjoy he purchase, say 100K for the new car?  So I agree that buying a car based on dealer's margin is not a wise move.... 

It will be a bonus but definitely not the top acceptance criteria.

Changed 6 cars in 10 years.You are Elite.

You won't understand poor working people have to work hard to earn some money. Surely need to be calculative and cheapo when buying big ticket items.

I am one cheapo person too. :a-m1524:

None of my cars more than $250K though. All 5 out of 6 were brand new. I waste a lot of money changing cars but to me they are an emotional purchase mostly fueled by impulse but no regrets.

Looking at margin to squeeze price will work on AD=Importer.

If not, the margin is importer margin.  It is irrelevant when negotiate price with AD.

Looking at margin to squeeze price will work on AD=Importer.

If not, the margin is importer margin. It is irrelevant when negotiate price with AD.

Yep. Some people thought that if car dealer makes 10k per car, they can nego 5k off. That's not the

Way of works

Yep. Some people thought that if car dealer makes 10k per car, they can nego 5k off. That's not the

Way of works

When Coe was at high side due to Low quota, margin was mark up higher to compensate in Low volume sales.

When coe getting lower with bigger quota, margin will be lowered down with bigger sales volume. Then slowly move into higher discount to fight for the sales volume, this will be getting obvious when economic moving into slow space or stagnant.

we will see more discount or promotion soon since economic is getting worse.

COE should maintain 25,000 to 35,000 till end of 2018. Quota is expected to be stagnant or a bit higher. For dealer to squeeze out buyers, their target will be shifting to car owners who is holding 5-7 years car who COE was very high by offering them more discount to encourage them to scrap or export car oversea.

Expect a big downturn in 2019 with trade war between china and us taking effect.

• Praise 1

Yalor, my neighbour change car every 2 year, he is a career transportation provider lor. He also not a super elite.

Rite, also depend wat car the person change. I hav a friend, he change cars almost every yr becas he always buy 8-9yr old car. So every 1yr or 1.5yr he change car. Old car change another old car. He think this is more cost saving. To each his own. He is not elite also not rich.

None of my cars more than $250K though. All 5 out of 6 were brand new. I waste a lot of money changing cars but to me they are an emotional purchase mostly fueled by impulse but no regrets.

U r a rich man indeed. Buy $200k+ car without blinking. I buy a 100k car need to walk the whole leng kee back and forth multiple times to confirm my choice. Poor man no choice.

• Praise 5

U r a rich man indeed. Buy $200k+ car without blinking. I buy a 100k car need to walk the whole leng kee back and forth multiple times to confirm my choice. Poor man no choice.

Ha.. U r not alone..
  • Praise 1

Bro, you are NORMAL like most of us

Even buying a 2k sofa set, we travelled to all the outlets/stores round the island, internet search etc

spent many sleepless nights thinking  [laugh]

So 100k car is relatively a very Big decision  [:p]

So ur few km walk up down leng kee was well worth it 

• Praise 10

me too. I walked from ubi to leng kee several times before made the decision.

• Praise 3

I'm not rich exactly.. just that everyone splurge on different things. Mine would be cars.

That's why I don't calculate depre or my losses when I buy and sell my 1-2 or 2-3 yr old cars.. confirm faint.

Nevertheless, I hope I get my COE this Wednesday  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I'm not rich exactly.. just that everyone splurge on different things. Mine would be cars.

That's why I don't calculate depre or my losses when I buy and sell my 1-2 or 2-3 yr old cars.. confirm faint.

Nevertheless, I hope I get my COE this Wednesday  [laugh]

Good for you when you are spending your hard earned money on what you really need.  [thumbsup]

Best luck to you securing your COE this Wednesday. 

↡ Advertisement