COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2018

Carbon82

Good for you when you are spending your hard earned money on what you really need want [thumbsup]

Best luck to you securing your COE this Wednesday. 

Thanks.

Life is to be enjoyed. Work so hard earn all the money never spend on the things we like.. for what. Though I do not advocate #YOLO lah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sgcarmart.com has included dealer's premium because there is a demand for this piece of information. LTA's website provides Basic Cost of Cars so that the car market is more transparent and prevents profiteering by car dealers.

So even those who do not bother with car dealer's profit margins when buying new cars will also benefit because for some buyers who do not bother, many do. Market forces will adjust prices with cost transparency made available to the market place. This is not economics 101, this is common sense. 

Edited by EvaEva

When Coe was at high side due to Low quota, margin was mark up higher to compensate in Low volume sales.

When coe getting lower with bigger quota, margin will be lowered down with bigger sales volume. Then slowly move into higher discount to fight for the sales volume, this will be getting obvious when economic moving into slow space or stagnant.

we will see more discount or promotion soon since economic is getting worse.

COE should maintain 25,000 to 35,000 till end of 2018. Quota is expected to be stagnant or a bit higher. For dealer to squeeze out buyers, their target will be shifting to car owners who is holding 5-7 years car who COE was very high by offering them more discount to encourage them to scrap or export car oversea.

Expect a big downturn in 2019 with trade war between china and us taking effect.

U imply 2019 car price will drop?

Hypersonic

Sgcarmart.com has included dealer's premium because there is a demand for this piece of information. LTA's website provides Basic Cost of Cars so that the car market is more transparent and prevents profiteering by car dealers.

So even those who do not bother with car dealer's profit margins when buying new cars will also benefit because for some buyers who do not bother, many do. Market forces will adjust prices with cost transparency made available to the market place. This is not economics 101, this is common sense.

You have been advocating buy the lowest margin car, AD even sell at break even price from the previous thread to this. Don’t talk cock lah ....

Which common sense car did you buy ...... or still waiting for a common sense car?

• Praise 2

It will just drop and drop since dealers work together to lower down coe price to stimulate their sales. Just the matter of the time, next one will be lowered down will be their profit margin.

Turbocharged

2019 still alot of cars to be scrapped, I still believe it will continue to filter down slowly at least till 3rd Q of 2019

Market forces will adjust prices with COE levels as well as demand and supply of car models made available to the market place. This is not economic 101, this is common sense.

I edited for ya to reflect accurately the car market locally. Without cost transparency (which isn’t accurate), the prices won’t be too different from now.

You have been advocating buy the lowest margin car, AD even sell at break even price from the previous thread to this. Don’t talk cock lah ....

Which common sense car did you buy ...... or still waiting for a common sense car?

Never in my messages did I advocate to buy the lowest margin car. Selective reading is the main problem in any public forum.

Edited by EvaEva

I see so far the # of bids are significantly low as of this writing:

CatA = 9

CatB = 17

Does this indicate anything at all or it is usual that the bulk of the bids come in on the last day (which is tomorrow 8th of Aug)

CatA = 9

CatB = 17

Does this indicate anything at all or it is usual that the bulk of the bids come in on the last day (which is tomorrow 8th of Aug)

Yes. This is normal.

Action usually begins after 12pm

CatA = 9

CatB = 17

Quite normal. Action will only heat up on the 8th

CatA = 9

CatB = 17

3rd day after 12 noon is where the actions and excitement starts.

Fully charged and hungry :)

Let's join in the fun.

3rd day after 12 noon is where the actions and excitement starts.

Fully charged and hungry :)

Let's join in the fun.

come come come.

donate more to the g.o.v.

they short of money.

everything hike

I think COE prices will maintain, or go up slightly.

My take:

CAT A: $34,000

CAT B: $34,000

Interesting, able to share why u think it will go up? Whereas most ppl say will go down, due to increase in coe quota this quarter and slow down in sale after coe rebound after the 25k and gloomy outlook in the market.

Thanks..

Interesting, able to share why u think it will go up? Whereas most ppl say will go down, due to increase in coe quota this quarter and slow down in sale after coe rebound after the 25k and gloomy outlook in the market.

Thanks..

Car dealer have to clear the backlog of orders
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3