Has patriotism in SIngapore Declined [ NDP 2018 ]

carloverguy2017

next week spore will be very quiet and traffic smooth like butter

Didn't even realise ndp next wk... Hahaha

post-7984-0-16363800-1533395134_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

budget gone to the fireworks, haha. 5 days of fireworks costs how much har and the pollution.

those flags in HDB put up by who har? people living there or the 'grass root'? no pay, no incentive of course nobody put up lor. 

It's the cost of living man.

I'm living very comfortably (salary, savings, investments Vs my expenses) and even I feel the rising cost here.

Imagine others? Imagine the younger generation?

Teach people importance of water? Increase water price.

Educate people smoking is bad, raise tax.

Convincing people to drive less, raise petrol tax.

What has happened to other modes? Always about money?

Edited by Friendstar
  • Praise 4

budget gone to the fireworks, haha. 5 days of fireworks costs how much har and the pollution.

those flags in HDB put up by who har? people living there or the 'grass root'? no pay, no incentive of course nobody put up lor.

Every yr spend money on fire works...what benefits does it bring

income inequality play a part lah

people who feel less well off compare to fellow Singaporeans who are doing better may feel country is unfair to them

truth is, the unhappy and rich ones who can afford to shift elsewhere, have shifted already

those unhappy and cannot afford to shift elsewhere, will remain and continue to complain

those who are happy and rich, continue to sing marikita every year

those who are happy and not rich are the rest of us lor

hahahaha

• Praise 2

Stop wasting money. How much 1 flag cost and how much RCs spent to put flags in many residential buildings? Havent include manpower costs hor. Its a waste of resources! Wasting millions of taxpayers money but at the same time squeezing us dry.

• Dislike 1

I'm living very comfortably (salary, savings, investments Vs my expenses) and even I feel the rising cost here.

Teach you importance and quality of crony politicians and presidents... Increase price of those .

See.. consistency ma

Soon they will teach you importance of healthy eating by imposing sugar, cooking oil, gluten, rice, noodle, red meat, and ice kacang tax 30%.

• Praise 1

income inequality play a part lah

people who feel less well off compare to fellow Singaporeans who are doing better may feel country is unfair to them

truth is, the unhappy and rich ones who can afford to shift elsewhere, have shifted already

those unhappy and cannot afford to shift elsewhere, will remain and continue to complain

those who are happy and rich, continue to sing marikita every year

those who are happy and not rich are the rest of us lor

hahahaha

Curiously to know your previous nick here in mcf.

We can always complain about the cost of living, but isn't it due also to improvement in our quality of life?

Comparing to the 80s or 90s, are we living the same kind of life if we are gainfully employed - the house, the food, the salary, public transport, etc? Everything that you see around need money to build and maintain, and where does the money comes from? At least you can still choose not to smoke or smoke less, or waste less water, or buy smaller cars or no car if can, or not buying that second house, if you want to save more. I mean isn't it better than to blanketly raise income tax and 'penalise' you instead?

The government is very clever that it uses a very targeted approach to implement its policy to get the intended results. They know that most people will learn only when it hurts them most where it matters. Else what you expect them to curb the use of certain things? Though campaigns like during the 80s haha? And frankly, do you find it so expensive to live here? Please let me know where can you find a place with this quality of life and yet have a very low cost-of-living? And please consider that we are land scares and have no natural resources to fall back on. With this constraint, please let me have some ides the best way forward.

You can say you do not need all these amentities, but then when it pan out you will still complain instead  that your government/MPs are just sitting there collecting money doing nothing. It is like some who claim they never see their MPs walking around, then when they see one they say this is wakyang kulit. So they will not be please until they see their supported candidate being elected, then the cycle will repeat itself as they start questioning why there is nothing much change, lets get these jiak leow bee people out., or it will be they wasting money building all the amenities and affecting our cost-of-living so better vote them out. So, do die, don't do also die.

Soon they will teach you importance of healthy eating by imposing sugar, cooking oil, gluten, rice, noodle, red meat, and ice kacang tax 30%.

Why not? Best!