• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 205 praises

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi, just installed an active sub below my seat. than i realised that my front speakers are too weak to be blasted hard becos they are stock. so i went to upgrade the stock speakers to hertz speakers. after this, i was told that my stock head player has no power to drive my expensive front speakers to the optimal performance. and now, looking around for a amp to power up.

after spending so much $$$ and time on all these upgrading, all we wanted now is to enjoy the music

with good quality sound. so what media do you all use to play your music? is the SQ from a MP3 good enough? where can we get high quality music CD?

TIA  

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:08 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

24-bit/96khz digital music can buy online.
Yeobt praised this

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All my CDs are ripped into AIFF format.

If you want high quality music CD, you need SACD.

Yeobt praised this

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I guess you have not been given good advice when upgrading your car audio.

Using CD will be best, if not use FLAC format.
Yeobt praised this

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

sorry, very new to this new game.

well, so do i actually have to save these files ( AIFF or ALAC) to a thumbdrive to play on my HU?

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

sorry, very new to this new game.

well, so do i actually have to save these files ( AIFF or ALAC) to a thumbdrive to play on my HU?

Yes, it needs to be in a thumbdrive or another device (phone/media player).

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:54 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hi, just installed an active sub below my seat. than i realised that my front speakers are too weak to be blasted hard becos they are stock. so i went to upgrade the stock speakers to hertz speakers. after this, i was told that my stock head player has no power to drive my expensive front speakers to the optimal performance. and now, looking around for a amp to power up.

after spending so much $$$ and time on all these upgrading, all we wanted now is to enjoy the music
with good quality sound. so what media do you all use to play your music? is the SQ from a MP3 good enough? where can we get high quality music CD?

TIA

You can use Spotify Premium. Got free trial for a month.
Mercury1 and Yeobt praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TIA

Adelphi got a couple of CD shops can go check out.
Yeobt praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

You can use Spotify Premium. Got free trial for a month.

if going for the streaming option, for the highest in quality, consider tidal.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

All my CDs are ripped into AIFF format.

If you want high quality music CD, you need SACD.

Tell me which head unit plays SACD??

TS, a good quality 320kbps MP3 will do just fine. Spotify premium plays at 320kbps quality. Those loud thumping clubs at Zouk or hang flower joints plays MP3 with RCA cable connection. So I doubt your car will need any more quality than that.

Camrysfa, Yeobt, Lala81 and Joelwong praised this

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

that CD shop, last time i bought a 24K CD from great world city

Yeobt and Jman888 praised this
every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I rip all my fav cds into .wav lossless format using windows media player.
Yeobt praised this

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that CD shop, last time i bought a 24K CD from great world city

That place is now an eatery 😜
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Storage now is big enough that I rip my CDs into WAV format. 40-50mb per song, was a problem in the early days but not an issue now.

Yeobt praised this

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If your genre is mainly English music, can consider signing up for Tidal.
Yeobt praised this

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:15 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For lossless I normally get FLAC,

But if you are looking to get CD's (esp those compilation types) consider Popular at Bras Basah complex, they have a decent bundle deal in addition to a decent variety.

Can consider Adelphi but the shops I've seen you be paying quite abit more

TIA  

Theoldjaffa, Yeobt and Kopites praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:57 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

IMO, the quality of the music is largely dependent on the recording rather than the formact, be it wave, flac, mp3 etc. A good recording ripped into 320kbps mp3 will sound way better than one lousy recording ripped into wav or played direct. Esp when driving, no car is perfect silent and I wouldn't expect one to heard big dif between mp3 or wav of the same recording.
Zxcvb, Theoldjaffa and Yeobt praised this

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:32 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That place is now an eatery 😜

oh shit...

those were the days, decision in life makes us want to reverse the decisions that we made...

Mercury1 praised this

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:29 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That CD shop?.... This k now left with Marina Bay sands and Wisma I think... Even then, not pure CD shop but selling a lifestyle.... Buying CD plus high tea at the mbs one.
Mercury1 praised this

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That CD shop?.... This k now left with Marina Bay sands and Wisma I think... Even then, not pure CD shop but selling a lifestyle.... Buying CD plus high tea at the mbs one.

ya,was doing that in the olden days, high tea at weekends, golf on sundays...

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Han Revolution

Han Revolution  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Zexen24  |  Neutral Newbie

I was changing my car from Honda Jazz to Civic and went down to this shop to dismantle and refitting my in-car camera and active subwoofer. Was glad that I went to this outlet for the service as they were able to complete the service within an hour in two Saturday. Fast and everything were well done too! Will go back to this outlet for future services! :) » Read More

Nam Huat Car Audio Pte Ltd

Nam Huat Car Audio Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by alextan22288  |  Neutral Newbie

I was introduced to Nam Huat by my friend who had installed his audio and Dash Cam in his car at the Toh Guan Branch a few months ago. So before I went down, gave them a call to make an appointment to install IROAD Dashcam. I am very impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, chose the model of the Dashcam I desire and got it all installed within 30mins.... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: mclaren, music, ice, audio and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users