National Day 2018/2019, have you hung your flag?

Aaronlkl

Supersonic

Put flag can get erp or carpark discount anot?ððð

If can give free COE, then put for 10 years.
↡ Advertisement

Driving on PIE Changi direction just now, saw a super patriotic Ferrari SME plate, red with white crescent and stars decal job on it.

Only the super rich so supportive (and they can well afford it), of the system that made them wealthier.

Looking at the opulent car, I guess I can sympathize with our ministers ... true that their salary is justified [laugh]

Err.. maybe this year have supper car continent instead of tanks??

NTUC vouchers ðð

Ntuc voucher! Cold Storage better.....at least they sell fresh items.....ntuc wan......half will be older stocks...... Edited by Eviilusion

Because when you were temporarily overseas...

U are not stuck in MRT breakdowns....

Not stuck in jams despite ERP $4....

Not having to compete for jobs with foreign imports...

not having to pay high income taxes and other taxes and levies  which are used to pay obscene salaries for a president you did not choose and incumbent who are not performing well enough to justify their wages (ie. Underproductivity) 

And many more..... 

i dont even have a flag to display ever since i moved to my current place... maybe i should buy one...

i remember my 1st National Day spent overseas alone, it was such an overwhelming feeling to watch the NDP on live feed on the computer. maybe i have been well brainwashed

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Driving on PIE Changi direction just now, saw a super patriotic Ferrari SME plate, red with white crescent and stars decal job on it.

Only the super rich so supportive (and they can well afford it), of the system that made them wealthier.

Looking at the opulent car, I guess I can sympathize with our ministers ... true that their salary is justified [laugh]

Maybe new citizen.....rich wan at that!

not having to pay high income taxes and other taxes and levies which are used to pay obscene salaries for a president you did not choose and incumbent who are not performing well enough to justify their wages (ie. Underproductivity)

And many more.....

I remembered yrs back during ns we got lost in the city of kaohsiung and at a river in the city. The river was rather dirty then but now it is very clean and is called the Love River or something like that. We were wondering around and none of us new the way back and cant speak Chinese. Luckily we stumbled upon a shop and the owner is a Singaporean. You should see the way the guy talk when we told him we were Singaporean. His eyes lit up big big, talked non-stop about Singapore and how proud he is to be a Singaporean. He went out of his way to help us back to the hotel we were put up in.
  • Praise 2

I remembered yrs back during ns we got lost in the city of kaohsiung and at a river in the city. The river was rather dirty then but now it is very clean and is called the Love River or something like that. We were wondering around and none of us new the way back and cant speak Chinese. Luckily we stumbled upon a shop and the owner is a Singaporean. You should see the way the guy talk when we told him we were Singaporean. His eyes lit up big big, talked non-stop about Singapore and how proud he is to be a Singaporean. He went out of his way to help us back to the hotel we were put up in.

i remembered being drilled to never drink the river water no matter how clean it looks...

brunei different... can drink

Edited by Playtime

when i was in HK 

no breakdowns ... but packed like crazy

not stuck in jams cause didnt drive... parking was just too expensive

hk got MORE! 

not having to pay high income taxes and other taxes and levies  which are used to pay obscene salaries for a president you did not choose and incumbent who are not performing well enough to justify their wages (ie. Underproductivity) 

ermm... hkies didnt choose XJP also.... 

And many more..... 

I still missed home...  [laugh]

• Praise 6

i remembered being drilled to never drink the river water no matter how clean it looks...

Of course bro.....urban rivers are polluted while rivers in the jungle are usually much cleaner. But still have to put puritab to make sure. I used puritab only once during ns....cant stand the smell and taste so it was the last time i used puritab in brunei until my reservist when we ran out of river water and had to collect stream water that was yellowish orange in colour. So yucky that i had to put the puritab tablet to mask the taste.

Are you sure it's a clear sign of unhappiness?

Or is it a clear sign that most of the residents of that block are foreigners? :D

P.S. hang simi sai la... it's an unsafe practice so I'm not gonna do it :D

Its less than a week to National Day!

Look at the number of flags! [laugh]

A clear sign of unhappiness and dissent towards the establishment.

Malu-Lah Singapura.

So what did you see during the NDP rehearsals?

Wayang show? Or poor students/workers kena arrow to perform by their schools/employers? :D

I guess there's always two sides to everything.

What I saw during the NDP rehearsal for the past couple of Saturdays vs what you guys are saying are total opposites.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I'm in India... Can't even let the tap water touch my mouth inside, let alone dinking it

Have to use mineral water to brush my teeth.

Bath tub water.. Even the water in a 5 star hotel is a little yellowish.

Miss home...

Edited by Solar
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1