National Day 2018/2019, have you hung your flag?

Aaronlkl

if not displaying flag mean unhappy with the establishment then huat liao, i think opposition will win 95% vote next election  [laugh]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Our unhappiness is just temporary one. When GE comes, we will all forget the unhappy things after receiving goodies. Haha.

I also realize my side only few units hang flags. I don't know where I kept my flag.

Its less than a week to National Day!

Look at the number of flags! [laugh]

A clear sign of unhappiness and dissent towards the establishment.

Malu-Lah Singapura.

• Praise 3

Just now was driving along TMCR at 70, damn bored  due to the avg spd cameras, thats why I was looking at the cars around me and noticed the civic in front of me had the flag on the side mirror hahaha  :XD:

You sure you didnt see wrongly hor?? Indonesia flag very close to ours without the stars.. hehehe.. :XD:

• Praise 2

National Day is on Thursday. If take one day leave on Friday, will have a long weekend. People may go overseas.

See if the country has much less people over this weekend.

Of course. My dog hotel fully booked and have to turn ppl away! Not just the wkend, the entire week Edited by Mockngbrd

Of course. My dog hotel fully booked and have to turn ppl away! Not just the wkend, the entire week

didn't know u were a partime dog-ma

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Talk cork lah!!!

Ppl really know the different between a national flag from a party flag or not? 

So, if tomorrow say WP or whoever overrun PAP and form a new gov, SG national day will change to re-start from zero years and not 50+ years? Or the National flag will change color? 

Its National Day, not PAP day, its National flag, not PAP flag, come on lah, pls at least know the different.

All these while ppl hang the flag is because PA/CC grassroots go ard giving out free flags and ask residents to hang, some even go and hang for the old ppl in the estate. On the year LKY passed on, they stopped doing it, and since then few ppl bother to hang liao. 

KNN, want to stir also do some homework lah, tio ah stir, bor tio also stir, simi LJ also stir.  <_<  -_-

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 10
  • Dislike 1

attachicon.gif20180723_130603.jpg

I took this photo last week... [sweatdrop]

this is what I call, stupid see stupid do. Ppl say hang just hang, never bother to check., same like those who follow blindly and stir with some stirrer.  -_-

Display flags or shouting slogans or the pledge doesn't make one more patriotic than the other. Start off by not littering, drive responsibly and don't smoke in where one are not supposed to. 

last time those shop houses display flag , cos they want to ward off inspector.

the olden way of talk is u dun display, inspector will be very on in catching u .

thats wat  i heard from my grandma, last time she do mama shop at her super old 3 room flat ground floor. (boonlay)

• Praise 2

I dare say I love my country. If one day our country is being assaulted, I will dust off my tight fitting no.4, take up my stethoscope to support the defence.

On the other hand, all these flag hanging, playing national songs ad nauseum everywhere (shopping malls/food court) gets on my nerve just like how Valentine's day must buy exorbitant roses and eat expensive Vday set meals just to show the love? 

PAP loves the country? Show it by running the country better,  stop playing the elitist game of plucking stars to put into GLCs and GRCs.... be a bigger party and show class in dealing with the opposition parties, look at their paycheck and ask themselves if they are raiding reserves or giving value to the citizens.

• Praise 13

Turbocharged

Not to think too much into lack of flag-display. I think most people are just like me, too lazy to search for the flag, not sure where I kept it [laugh]

People want convenience. If the RC start distributing a fresh new flag to everyone, I will put it up for sure.

• Praise 2

The mood to hang the Flag alone does not constitute a true Singaporean, saying the pledge day-in day-out / week-in week-out is another.

Primarily action of singing national anthem within our heart is a big shout.

*I had served full 2half years National Service

*I had served 13 years of Reservist recycled & passed all IPPTs with flying colors.

*I had never ever asked for deferment nor exemption in my whole 13 years NSF/ Reservist stint.

*I was given a medal for long service award via postage sent to my letter-box, not through a ceremony.

*I was never given any ticket to all my reservist years or any National Day rehearsal / National Day Parade since ROD.

+ I had to apply for SAFRA card and yet pay for it which i did, Now it was given as complimentary, i didn't bother at all.

+ When I was promoted to the rank of SGT, my RSM asked me go the SGT's Mess and give all the other SGT's and above a beer . . . Bloody hell ! ( i didn't attend )

+ When I had completed my 13 years reservist cycle and promoted to SSG, my OC asked me to volunteer as non-combat NCOs, I turned him down.

+ AM i honourable to have the mood to celebrate National Day, reminding me of the days as a NSF, able-bodied, full of passion yet challenging years to be righteous, courageous and loyal to my Nation ?

Looking back those damning years< i was born in another era. Today NSF were much different, the soldiers of today are lucky.

What can I say ? Mood to celebrate ? certainly not, only REFLECTION :relief:

• Praise 9

Read and reflect.

Are we better than the communist?

Or is censorship and suppression actually getting ever stronger in Singapore than China?

It's complicated..

Yeah it's national day and not pap day.. but is there a difference anymore?

When China celebrates it's national day.. is it about China or the CCP?

Look back further in history, when Hitler celebrated Germany's rise.. what was he really celebrating and why some people were not willing to take part? Are they not Patriots too?

No right or wrong.. just very very grey.

Time to gloat, or time to reflect?

post-7190-0-01504500-1533267695_thumb.jpg

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 2

Lai lai pm me for rates

Not a fur parent, but i would refer you should anyone i know require it.

In other news, i got an anonymous dislike for apparently calling you a dog sia /facepalm

[laugh]

• Dislike 1

(edited)

This National Day flag displaying thinggy is only my assumption on the current Singapore polictic situation. I may be wrong. Can't wait for yr 2020 to come!

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

Not a fur parent, but i would refer you should anyone i know require it.

In other news, i got an anonymous dislike for apparently calling you a dog sia /facepalm

[laugh]

Not me dislike ah. I like doggying Edited by Mockngbrd

Not me dislike ah. I like doggying

I also didn't think its you, as i know you have a sense of humor.

↡ Advertisement