National Day 2018/2019, have you hung your flag?

Aaronlkl

For my HDB area, those flags were hung and tied up to every household corridor automatically when near National day. When ND over, they will be taken down few weeks later. Fully automatic

Also, 1 time there's a MP visit random household. I happen to be at home. A grp of Grassroots together with the MP came knocking and I took the opportunity to complain abt some issues. 1 of the Grassroots guy automatically step in and and says he is in-charge. Fully Automatic, smoother than CVT gear change siah

Then while talking to the Grassroots guy-in-charge ,,, I realize ,,,, the MP aldy disappear! So fast, I didn't even realize. I tot he was standing beside me leh, awhile ago. Mayb he shut off his headlights while over-taking, just like initial D series, he is gone ... Fully automatic, whole group then leave together

After awhile the guy in charge left and I look downstairs from my window ,,, everybody was gone! Nvr hear from any one of them including the guy in charge anymore. Feel alone standing on Mount Akina (Initial D racing mountain)  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

Someone here once said.. you take your shoes and throw.. the chances of hitting one who don’t like the Party but still vote the party is at least 6 in 10.

• Praise 1

For my HDB area, those flags were hung and tied up to every household corridor automatically when near National day. When ND over, they will be taken down few weeks later. Fully automatic.

Also, 1 time there's a MP visit random household. I happen to be at home. A grp of Grassroots together with the MP came knocking and I took the opportunity to complain abt some issues. 1 of the Grassroots guy automatically step in and and says he is in-charge. Fully Automatic, smoother than CVT gear change siah.

Then while talking to the Grassroots guy-in-charge ,,, I realize ,,,, the MP aldy disappear! So fast, I didn't even realize. I tot he was standing beside me leh, awhile ago. Mayb he shut off his headlights while over-taking, just like initial D series, he is gone ... Fully automatic, whole group then leave together

After awhile the guy in charge left and I look downstairs from my window ,,, everybody was gone! Nvr hear from any one of them including the guy in charge anymore. Feel alone standing on Mount Akina (Initial D racing mountain) [laugh]

post-25827-0-98144600-1533281063.gif

(edited)

MCF got many big shots here.

Some like dictate what others do or say..

While this joker claims he can offer me MY citizenship wor!

Knn! Think too highly of him/herself.

Laff die me...

一种米扬养万种人!

Muahahahahahaha...

[laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

post-25667-0-50514700-1533284983_thumb.png

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 6

Supersonic

Only people like my mother, scared of the govt, would put up the flag obediently.

I don't care anyway.

• Praise 2

This National Day flag displaying thinggy is only my assumption on the current Singapore polictic situation. I may be wrong. Can't wait for yr 2020 to come!

Too many flats rented to Foreign Trash/Economic refugees..

Don't think they'll display the flag.

• Praise 1

Just now was driving along TMCR at 70, damn bored due to the avg spd cameras, thats why I was looking at the cars around me and noticed the civic in front of me had the flag on the side mirror hahaha :XD:

I saw one as well..Yes only in a whole week of driving.

in the display of flag if I remember correctly it was the RC that went around putting up the flags. 2 to 3 weeks after ndp they would take it down.

infact these few years I hardly see the RC coming around the hang up the flag.

National Day is on Thursday. If take one day leave on Friday, will have a long weekend. People may go overseas.

See if the country has much less people over this weekend.

need to work on saturday.
  • Praise 1

I saw one as well..Yes only in a whole week of driving.

in the display of flag if I remember correctly it was the RC that went around putting up the flags. 2 to 3 weeks after ndp they would take it down.

infact these few years I hardly see the RC coming around the hang up the flag.

need to work on saturday.

Ownself put up ownself song!

Muahahahhahaha..

• Praise 5

I dare say I love my country. If one day our country is being assaulted, I will dust off my tight fitting no.4, take up my stethoscope to support the defence.

On the other hand, all these flag hanging, playing national songs ad nauseum everywhere (shopping malls/food court) gets on my nerve just like how Valentine's day must buy exorbitant roses and eat expensive Vday set meals just to show the love?

PAP loves the country? Show it by running the country better, stop playing the elitist game of plucking stars to put into GLCs and GRCs.... be a bigger party and show class in dealing with the opposition parties, look at their paycheck and ask themselves if they are raiding reserves or giving value to the citizens.

do you mind take me as your mopa?

shirt short fat fat physical fail but will definitely support you.

The mood to hang the Flag alone does not constitute a true Singaporean, saying the pledge day-in day-out / week-in week-out is another.

Primarily action of singing national anthem within our heart is a big shout.

*I had served full 2half years National Service

*I had served 13 years of Reservist recycled & passed all IPPTs with flying colors.

*I had never ever asked for deferment nor exemption in my whole 13 years NSF/ Reservist stint.

*I was given a medal for long service award via postage sent to my letter-box, not through a ceremony.

*I was never given any ticket to all my reservist years or any National Day rehearsal / National Day Parade since ROD.

+ I had to apply for SAFRA card and yet pay for it which i did, Now it was given as complimentary, i didn't bother at all.

+ When I was promoted to the rank of SGT, my RSM asked me go the SGT's Mess and give all the other SGT's and above a beer . . . Bloody hell ! ( i didn't attend )

+ When I had completed my 13 years reservist cycle and promoted to SSG, my OC asked me to volunteer as non-combat NCOs, I turned him down.

+ AM i honourable to have the mood to celebrate National Day, reminding me of the days as a NSF, able-bodied, full of passion yet challenging years to be righteous, courageous and loyal to my Nation ?

Looking back those damning years< i was born in another era. Today NSF were much different, the soldiers of today are lucky.

What can I say ? Mood to celebrate ? certainly not, only REFLECTION :relief:

you didnt lied a single bit?

passed ippt with flying colours?

Edited by Kopites

Ownself put up ownself song!

Muahahahhahaha..

since RC not putting up those flag me and wifey went ntuc brought a few for my boy. Handheld type. ($2plus)

he need the flag for school.

• Praise 3

The PAP already had more than half a century to learn and practice governance and states craft. If it ain't happen yet, I don't have another half a century to wait.

I'm not sorry ..... but the 4G team?  [shakehead]

Parachutist? Coat tail hangers? Remote controlled drones? 

post-24957-0-04271400-1533340431_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

The PAP already had more than half a century to learn and practice governance and states craft. If it ain't happen yet, I don't have another half a century to wait.

I'm not sorry ..... but the 4G team? [shakehead]

Military men. That guy likes military men

Supersonic

I'm not sorry ..... but the 4G team?  [shakehead]

I don't see them as getting there.

They already got there under LKY decades ago, but got off from there 14 years ago. 

4G would probably get the track way off further. 

• Praise 1

Talk cork lah!!!

Ppl really know the different between a national flag from a party flag or not? 

So, if tomorrow say WP or whoever overrun PAP and form a new gov, SG national day will change to re-start from zero years and not 50+ years? Or the National flag will change color? 

Its National Day, not PAP day, its National flag, not PAP flag, come on lah, pls at least know the different.

All these while ppl hang the flag is because PA/CC grassroots go ard giving out free flags and ask residents to hang, some even go and hang for the old ppl in the estate. On the year LKY passed on, they stopped doing it, and since then few ppl bother to hang liao. 

KNN, want to stir also do some homework lah, tio ah stir, bor tio also stir, simi LJ also stir.  <_<  -_-

Thats why its love your country. Not love the ruling party.

I am sure even when the Foreigners comes to SG to work, they don't hate the country back home that did not provide enough jobs for them nor the lack of chastity belt provided to them for personal security.

So why are we, who live and breath in Singapore hate the place so much ?

Is there no family that shower you with love and affection and gives you that one thing that you wake up every morning fully charge to go to work?

There is something here that needs to be recalibrated.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

For my HDB area, those flags were hung and tied up to every household corridor automatically when near National day. When ND over, they will be taken down few weeks later. Fully automatic

Also, 1 time there's a MP visit random household. I happen to be at home. A grp of Grassroots together with the MP came knocking and I took the opportunity to complain abt some issues. 1 of the Grassroots guy automatically step in and and says he is in-charge. Fully Automatic, smoother than CVT gear change siah

After awhile the guy in charge left and I look downstairs from my window ,,, everybody was gone! Nvr hear from any one of them including the guy in charge anymore. Feel alone standing on Mount Akina (Initial D racing mountain)  [laugh]

I like the fact that whenever there is MP walkabout, the MP is totally clueless, be it the lack of parking, the number of incidents of security lapse like molestation or loansharking activities numbers or what is in place to improve the situation.

But one thing I am pretty sure is, you can tell that there will be some activities planned when all of a sudden some part of the building is spruce up.

I like the fact that whenever there is MP walkabout, the MP is totally clueless, be it the lack of parking, the number of incidents of security lapse like molestation or loansharking activities numbers or what is in place to improve the situation.

But one thing I am pretty sure is, you can tell that there will be some activities planned when all of a sudden some part of the building is spruce up.

This is wayang kulit:

post-24957-0-74241400-1533360495.jpg

You know it, I know it........... those 70% choose to remain ignorant about it.

Supersonic

Seriously what's new?

10 years ago, people are already talking about MPs only showing up before GEs and give freebies, while most of the other times can't even see a shadow of them.

So far what has changed?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2