Tyre Rotation every 10k?

Dannnn

average 1 year 20,000km 

We always liek to witness how work done before me .

would you think they uses torch can see all your wheels thorougly ? i doube 1 can see properly without removing from ther car.

I would like to think that people takes pride in their work unless proven otherwise.

If everything related to tyres need to be critical and thorough,  what is therefore the acceptable deviation of 

a)   pressure between the front left/right and back left/right tyres when they are hot? 

b)   pressure between cold tyre pressure at different time of the day? 

c)   pressure during rainy and hot season?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I would like to think that people takes pride in their work unless proven otherwise.

If everything related to tyres need to be critical and thorough,  what is therefore the acceptable deviation of 

a)   pressure between the front left/right and back left/right tyres when they are hot? 

b)   pressure between cold tyre pressure at different time of the day? 

c)   pressure during rainy and hot season?

my tyre pressure measurements

post-168945-0-29182300-1534220463_thumb.jpg

post-168945-0-02103400-1534220476_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Labor at $15-20 is rather expensive. 2 yrs rotate 4x; top up a bit can already get 2 new tires (depend on size) . Nothing beats new tires, comfort, noise and grip.

Now which tyre shop that u buy tyres from still charge u fee for rotation balancing and external patching?

Almost all give FOC already if u buy tyres from them

Twincharged

recommended pressure?

1st pic shows tyre pressure on each wheel.

2nd pic 0.0 on all 4 tyres mean my tyre pressures are alright and are as recommended.

Edited by sake
  • Praise 2

1st pic shows tyre pressure on each wheel.

2nd pic 0.0 on all 4 tyres mean my tyre pressures are alright and are as recommended.

I am not sure how your TPMS work and the algorithm that concludes the 2nd pic.

That said, if you rely and based on the system,  you can take it as your tyres are of the correct pressure.

My interpretation based on the assumption of the 1st pic was taken when the tyres were hot :-  

1.    Not front wheel drive  (  front pressure lower than the rear )

2.    High heat source at the rear - likely rear engine ( a fair bit bit difference between front and rear pressure )

3.    Balance exhaust -  no difference in temperature between left and right tyres

For myself,  the important would be if the TPMS still report as per the 2nd pic on a cold wet day. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I am not sure how your TPMS work and the algorithm that concludes the 2nd pic.

That said, if you rely and based on the system,  you can take it as your tyres are of the correct pressure.

My interpretation based on the assumption of the 1st pic was taken when the tyres were hot :-  

1.    Not front wheel drive  (  front pressure lower than the rear )

2.    High heat source at the rear - likely rear engine ( a fair bit bit difference between front and rear pressure )

3.    Balance exhaust -  no difference in temperature between left and right tyres

For myself,  the important would be if the TPMS still report as per the 2nd pic on a cold wet day. 

how can you tell high heat source at the rear. he can always pump the rears at a higher pressure.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

how can you tell high heat source at the rear.

The difference of 50kPa.

Typical car,  like my car (read Toyota), the difference is not so much, maybe around 15kPa - and that is including the front/rear difference of 10kPa. 

Either rear heavy or high heat, or could be both.

Temperature increases the pressure.

P.S.  I interpret based on what I know.  I could be wrong though ! 

how can you tell high heat source at the rear. he can always pump the rears at a higher pressure.

Eh.... if pump higher pressure and the TPMS still report recommended,  then I don't know what to say.............

my tyre pressure measurements

wah boss...your car speedo can go beyond 300km/hr

must be a very nice and atas car

:o  [dizzy]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Porsche has considerable difference in pumping pressures between front and back for certain models. For example, Macan has about 3 PSI difference (rear more). What you see in the dials is two sets of readings, first one is actual pressure as the system reads and the second one is difference between the actual and what it is supposed to be. If both are same, it shows 0 on all the four wheels. For 718, On comfort setting, all 4 wheels of same pressure.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Now which tyre shop that u buy tyres from still charge u fee for rotation balancing and external patching?

Almost all give FOC already if u buy tyres from them

Can you help to name a couple of these shops? Thanks :) I think they are the exceptions rather than the norm, and probably apply only for the high end tyres.

• Praise 2

Do shop charge for Tyre Rotation ?? 

I am driving a Mercedes, and C&C want to charge me $25 for tyre rotation , is that a norm ? 

If you do not buy tyres from their shop, they charge like 10 to 20$

I am driving a Mercedes, and C&C want to charge me $25 for tyre rotation , is that a norm ? 

(edited)

benz rotation and balancing 25 buks at AD cheap what.

tyres shop confirm charge u ma,

who give free service for nothing??

but some shop do have promotion,

u buy their tyres, they rotate free.

Edited by Beregond

I was also wondering, May be he listened it wrongly. 25$ per wheel it should be!

Maybe I didnt make my case clear 

Outside tyre shop , if you buy from them , they rotate for u free 

Last year i just changed my tyre w C&C cost me $1400.  So now I am due for tyre rotation , should it or not be come free since I BOUGHT it from them ? 

And yes , it is $25 one charge and not per tyre ! if it is per tyre that is daylight robbing 

And for those who said where got free stuff , yes there are , sometime it is up to you to ask your case . 

Ask and you MIGHT be given 

• Praise 2

Maybe I didnt make my case clear 

Outside tyre shop , if you buy from them , they rotate for u free 

Last year i just changed my tyre w C&C cost me $1400.  So now I am due for tyre rotation , should it or not be come free since I BOUGHT it from them ? 

And yes , it is $25 one charge and not per tyre ! if it is per tyre that is daylight robbing 

And for those who said where got free stuff , yes there are , sometime it is up to you to ask your case . 

Ask and you MIGHT be given 

by right u buy tyres outside or inside ad ,

will not have free rotation1.

if have,

its part of their promotion .

if no promotion and not stated any where,

they collect 25 buks is quite normal.

but like u say u buy car and tyres from them,

can always ask for it  [;)]

↡ Advertisement