YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

I have problems even using my Union Pay Card issued by BOC in SG at many sales outlets in China, let alone credit/debit card issued by foreign bank. During my recent trip to Shenzhen and Guangzhuo, I didn’t bring a single cent of RMB cash with me and was using WeChat Pay all the way, including payment for Taxi fare and buying MRT tickets.

From what i understand, China only accepts CC issued by their local banks. Even CC from SG BOC will not be accepted. And many of their retail and taxi don't accept cash also. It's quite frustrating as it seems that Wechat pay is the only way to go

From what i understand, China only accepts CC issued by their local banks. Even CC from SG BOC will not be accepted. And many of their retail and taxi don't accept cash also. It's quite frustrating as it seems that Wechat pay is the only way to go

Anyone has used up the 3k limit by you trip then top up again? My friend asking...

i only get to use it once in Singapore and about 10 transactions in Thailand (no issue), going to use it in Taiwan this weekend.

Online also no problem even for refund in USD, as the card is issue by Ezlink, i also use it as my ezlink card [laugh][laugh]

I used in Bangkok. No problem. I also got some refund back from some online retailer also no issue.

My friend went to usa with youtrip card. He says on several occasions, he added tip to the bill. But only the main bill was debited. But the tip portion failed to go through on several occasions. Did this happen to anyone before?

I used it for transit, there's always this 10 cents ABT check balance debited now and then. Some as old as a month old still not reversed, but some as recent as 1 week ago have been reversed.

The good thing about it is, can still use it even when running into deficit for public transport unlike not so EZ Link. :XD:

I used it for transit, there's always this 10 cents ABT check balance debited now and then. Some as old as a month old still not reversed, but some as recent as 1 week ago have been reversed.

The good thing about it is, can still use it even when running into deficit for public transport unlike not so EZ Link. :XD:

Can assist to help what the procedure for using it at bus/train.
  • Praise 1

Download TL SimplyGo app and register your Youtrip card for public transport usage.

Can't use for IU unit and CP.

Payment modes and cards are in a mess in Singapore. No integration. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 2

Download TL SimplyGo app and register your Youtrip card for public transport usage.

Payment modes and cards are in a mess in Singapore. No integration. [thumbsdown]

SimplyGo can register any contactless credit/debit card to be used as transit link card.

Went to Fiji for the holidays......arrived at the airport went straight to the ATM getting cash no problem and at a better rate than the money changers. Now came back with every cent of SGD we took just in case.

So, all good.

Turbocharged

Went to Fiji for the holidays......arrived at the airport went straight to the ATM getting cash no problem and at a better rate than the money changers. Now came back with every cent of SGD we took just in case.

So, all good.

Cant recall, but what is the pin number used at atm to withdraw the cash? Same pin as app login?

Cant recall, but what is the pin number used at atm to withdraw the cash? Same pin as app login?

Same four digit number.

• Praise 2

TL is Transit Link. Can link any Visa or Master Credit Cards either direct or via Youtrip card.

Sure all credit and debit cards can including Youtrip. Reason I linked Youtrip card is I got this card for novelty factor. I poorer than FW, so hardly got chance to travel overseas. So make use of it in Singapore to avoid paying $5 gu chia lian annual no-usage fee. [:p]

I was hoping it can be used on IU and CP.

SimplyGo can register any contactless credit/debit card to be used as transit link card.

Edited by Kangadrool

Hmm interesting. I used to put like ten dollars into one of my cc. So that in case I need to service car and need to take bus.

So I need to create account with simply go. top up my you trip card with value before can register with simply go? Or top up as and when I went to use.
↡ Advertisement