YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

Anyone tried this for taobao? 

Taobao charges 3% service fee. So I guess that is not avoidable over and on top of the currency exchange loss? 

↡ Advertisement

In London for the past 2 days and topped up the card with SGD$2000 and converted to GBP. Rate is pretty good and all spends are without any other charges.

• Praise 2

Anyone tried this for taobao? 

Taobao charges 3% service fee. So I guess that is not avoidable over and on top of the currency exchange loss? 

You send money to me lah. I pay for you just 1% when I pay in HK. :D

• Praise 1

Just made my online purchase using Youtrip card on iHerb. Really better rates.

1 USD = SGD 0.7310 which I think is better than the credit card rates. Correct me if I am wrong ð

Made a boo-boo. Should be 1 SGD = 0.7310 USD

looks like a good idea to shop in Amazon again [laugh]

But the shipping may kill you on their international website. Sometimes you do get good deals on Prime Now. Just have to put in cart and wait until major price drop

Got my envelope with the card but yet to open. How easy is it to top up in sgd?

Can have both Sgd value and a few other currencies in same card at same time? 

Very easy to link your credit card in app to top up. Can have multiple currencies. But I intend to just top up in SGD.

Another good point about this YOUTRIP Card is all your spending in foreign currency and its S$ equivalent amount are captured and reflected on your App.  But dun know how long the records would be kept there. 

• Praise 1

i think another good thing is you set your budget before your trip, although max can only up to $3000. with some foreign cash on hand, you can leave the other credit cards at home.

If we decide to top up with Sgd, is it possible to top up on the fly.... Say u initially put in S$1k and while in Japan, you realised that you are spending more, so using the your credit card to top up this debit card while there? 

Do you foresee any issues with that since you have practical overseas usage experience. 

Very easy to link your credit card in app to top up. Can have multiple currencies. But I intend to just top up in SGD.

If we decide to top up with Sgd, is it possible to top up on the fly.... Say u initially put in S$1k and while in Japan, you realised that you are spending more, so using the your credit card to top up this debit card while there?

Do you foresee any issues with that since you have practical overseas usage experience.

Yes, can. Once credit card is linked, just top up whenever you want but your phone must have data.

Only problem is probably spending too much until over the daily 3000 limit

Yes, can. Once credit card is linked, just top up whenever you want but your phone must have data.

Only problem is probably spending too much until over the daily 3000 limit

Quote from YOUTRIP FAQ: -

The minimum top-up amount is SGD$20 and the maximum storage limit your account can hold at any one time is SGD$3,000.

I take it that the card can hold at any one time is 3k, so when the stored value falls below 3K, say 2k, you can still do a top up to make it 3K, right?

However, if they limit the stored value to 3K per day,  it is good for the card holder, as this will help you to prevent over-spending.

Hmm... not sure. Anyway, I won't spend more than $3k a day [laugh] [laugh]

Like people keep saying buy new rolex must go Japan buy..... 3K not even enough for the strap....  :D

*disclaimer: I don't own any watch over 1k...   :D

Hmm... not sure. Anyway, I won't spend more than $3k a day [laugh] [laugh]

Like people keep saying buy new rolex must go Japan buy..... 3K not even enough for the strap....  :D

*disclaimer: I don't own any watch over 1k...   :D

I don't buy watches over SGD300.  :D