YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

Neutral Newbie

Sharing the usage of my YOUTRIP Debit Card in JB -

TOP up S$300 to my YOUTRIP Debit Card before leaving for JB this morning. Btw, TOP up was done using CITI Credit Card.

Did 2 transactions in JB:

1st transaction : RM10 - TOP up my Maxis prepaid card. S$3.33 was deducted from my YOUTRIP Debit Card. This works out to S$1=RM 3.003. Very good rate as compared to the rate from $$$ changer which was $1= RM 2.985 this morning

2nd transaction: RM71.20 - S$23.69 was deducted from my YOUTRIP Debit Card. This works out to $1 = RM 3.005. ( $$ changer ex rate at JB was $1 = RM 2.97) .

My biggest spending was RM700 plus on buying of durians, but unfortunately, my YOUTRIP Debit Card can not be used for the purchase as the durian stall there does not accept payment via Debit Card.

When u did a top up, does the CITI Bank ( credit card) charge u for any fee?

Edited by EVW

me too want to know whether CC charge additional fee to top up Youtrip.

me too want to know whether CC charge additional fee to top up Youtrip.

just did a transfer to test from my visa debit card, will update tomorrow once the bank update the transaction.

Top up using our visa/mastercard will be reflected as a normal transaction, so you won't be charged anything extra as long as you pay you credit card bills on time. However, I suspect for this kind of transaction, I may not get to earn the reward points. 

• Praise 1

maybe should get this for black friday.

will use this for future purchase from amazon, the credit card exchange around $1.4 and and $1.45 by amazon convert.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Top up using our visa/mastercard will be reflected as a normal transaction, so you won't be charged anything extra as long as you pay you credit card bills on time. However, I suspect for this kind of transaction, I may not get to earn the reward points.

Nice.. just top up.

I guess if this considered as normal transaction, it should still earn reward points..

Edited by EVW
  • Praise 1

Yeah, I need to double check the TnC of my rebates cards. I vaguely recall that top up of ezlink card does not qualify for rebates.

Thinking of topping up YouTrip card to hit minimum spending.

• Praise 1

it is like transfer money from one credit card another, dun think can get point or rebate. This card issue by ezlink also dun seem to have any reward incentive.

Nice.. just top up.

I guess if this considered as normal transaction, it should still earn reward points..

Yes You are right.  

I used my CITI PremierMile VISA Card to top up my YOUTRIP Debit Card.  This card earns me 1.2 Citi miles with every S$ spent locally and 2 Citi miles with every S$1 overseas spend.   I went thru my current month statement and it is confirmed that I did get the Citi miles for the $300 top up of my YOUTRIP Card.

• Praise 1

Just came back from my UK trip.

The good thing about the card is that you can do top ups any time and make an exchange to the currency that you like. A good app to have is XE.com where you can monitor the exchange rate and do the exchange at a favorable time. Although the SmartExchange is ok too if you don't mind. For me, pound was fluctuating quite a lot recently and I manage to save a bit by doing the exchanges when it was lower.

• There is no credit card charges for topping up.

• There is no other fees when paying for items in the country's currency.

• As YouTrip mentioned, it is only the minimal rate difference they earn at the point that you do the exchange.

All in all, a pretty good card that can save quite a few dollars especially if you spend more.

• Praise 5

While it is good, the down side is cannot transfer back unused balance. So it could be a challenge to use up the remaining balance. Correct me if I am wrong.

The unused foreign currency leftover from overseas trip can be converted back to SGD and used them for local purchases.

• Praise 1