YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

Looks like gaining traction with the new referral $10 offer.

When I first applied, it took about 2 days to get out of the waiting list.

i am still on waiting list since last week.

look for someone you know with referral code. You will get $10.

If you need can just pm me.

Look convenient ..... gonna apply

• Praise 3

While it is good, the down side is cannot transfer back unused balance. So it could be a challenge to use up the remaining balance. Correct me if I am wrong.

only 9 major currency that you can convert and hold, the common one is USD and if there is unused balance can always use it for overseas online purchase. 

However, convert back to SGD will loss a bit just like buy and sell rate in money changer.

Just a reminder that there is a dormancy Fee of $5.00 / month after 12 consecutive months of inactivity.

it is also an ezlink card, hence transfer the minimum $20 every few month can liao.

Looks like gaining traction with the new referral $10 offer.

When I first applied, it took about 2 days to get out of the waiting list.

look for someone you know with referral code. You will get $10.

If you need can just pm me.

Wa leow .. still on waiting list leh.. despite someone refer..

by the way every morning when I click on the app it state I am still on waiting list and will notify through email once approved. Does it mean once approved this message won't appear again? Troublesome to scroll though all emails every morning. Don't want to miss out such important email.

by the way every morning when I click on the app it state I am still on waiting list and will notify through email once approved. Does it mean once approved this message won't appear again? Troublesome to scroll though all emails every morning. Don't want to miss out such important email.ð

no need to do anything even after you receive the notification email, just wait for the card send to your mailbox.

found one problem with this card, was trying to use the card on a msia online payment, not sure how the payment gateway of that website work but it kept saying unsuccessful. Then i try another credit card which require authentication from the bank and it went through.

This card does not require any authentication, meaning if someone found and use the card, there won't be any alert via sms like the other card issue by banks.

found one problem with this card, was trying to use the card on a msia online payment, not sure how the payment gateway of that website work but it kept saying unsuccessful. Then i try another credit card which require authentication from the bank and it went through.

This card does not require any authentication, meaning if someone found and use the card, there won't be any alert via sms like the other card issue by banks.

The YOUTRIP Card is similar to any Cash Card, such as NETS Cash Card, Kopitiam Card, once you drop it, it is like dropping your cash.  However, the YOUTRIP card allows you to lock the card using the App.  Once locked, functions such as Online & Offline Transactions, Currency exchange and Overseas ATM Withdrawal are disabled instantly.

Quickly lock the card once you realise that your card is misplaced, missing etc. 

post-16380-0-13806800-1536639486_thumb.jpeg post-16380-0-59444600-1536639500_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 5

i used it on my recent trip to switzerland and italy for 16 days.

what i liked:-
- the exchange rates are indeed more favourable than credit card exchange rates.  i have purposely charged some on normal credit card to compared against the rates they changed with my sgd in the ewallet
- i can return with 0 of the foreig currency at end of the trip.  I manage the usage and exchange of the foreign currency until so precise that i don't have grouses like past trips of return with some loose notes or coins or the foreign currency
- the youtrip app leaves me a trail for me to refer and check whenever i wanted or needed to

what i dont liked:-

- cash withdrawal at overseas atm still incurs commission.  i think during the time of sign up i read somewhere there is no commission charged at all even for atm.  whether i remembered wrongly or they amended the T&C thereafter, i am not motivated to take cash through them and hence i still need to go back to the money changer for small amounts of cash

- little clarification on how to use the remaining 140 currencies outside the 10 in their dropdown list.

- the youtrip app design and interface handling performance deposits and refunds is counter intuitive.  some hotels or car rentals will charge us deposit at time of engagement but will refund/cancel deposit at end of it.  the app interface page doesn't show such transactions although the wallet balance did increase
- there was one incident whereby the app inferface completely didn't capture hertz transaction charged to me of 996chf and imagine the anxiety i got into when my wallet balance dropped from 1000chf to 4chf
- the response from the app cso and and singapore office cso handling the above hitch was also very lacking.  it created a lot of misunderstanding and anxiety for me, until i made the trip down to hertz in person and clear up the air with them

in summary, i generally like this youtrip card and app.  but there are some bugbears which created anxious moments which new users should learn from my debacle.  i will continue to use it though given the favourable rates and my improved understanding of where is the pitfall of the app which will greatly reduce my anxiety and misunderstanding.

• Praise 7

Been using this card and app for the last 3 weeks buying us stuff online and have saved easily $100

Like the fact that you tx off the cc and spending is seamless

In Thailand , used the atm and had a comm surcharge but ok for large amounts

Overall a great concept

I’m awaiting my mightyfx app and see how it fares

It shd be here soon

- the exchange rates are indeed more favourable than credit card exchange rates. i have purposely charged some on normal credit card to compared against the rates they changed with my sgd in the ewallet

- i can return with 0 of the foreig currency at end of the trip. I manage the usage and exchange of the foreign currency until so precise that i don't have grouses like past trips of return with some loose notes or coins or the foreign currency

- the youtrip app leaves me a trail for me to refer and check whenever i wanted or needed to

- cash withdrawal at overseas atm still incurs commission. i think during the time of sign up i read somewhere there is no commission charged at all even for atm. whether i remembered wrongly or they amended the T&C thereafter, i am not motivated to take cash through them and hence i still need to go back to the money changer for small amounts of cash

- little clarification on how to use the remaining 140 currencies outside the 10 in their dropdown list.

- the youtrip app design and interface handling performance deposits and refunds is counter intuitive. some hotels or car rentals will charge us deposit at time of engagement but will refund/cancel deposit at end of it. the app interface page doesn't show such transactions although the wallet balance did increase

- there was one incident whereby the app inferface completely didn't capture hertz transaction charged to me of 996chf and imagine the anxiety i got into when my wallet balance dropped from 1000chf to 4chf

- the response from the app cso and and singapore office cso handling the above hitch was also very lacking. it created a lot of misunderstanding and anxiety for me, until i made the trip down to hertz in person and clear up the air with them

in summary, i generally like this youtrip card and app. but there are some bugbears which created anxious moments which new users should learn from my debacle. i will continue to use it though given the favourable rates and my improved understanding of where is the pitfall of the app which will greatly reduce my anxiety and misunderstanding.

The refund takes a while to reflect

Same happened to me and the funds went to my usd counter in the app

When you next pay, they utilize that counter first before using ur local currency acct

Neutral Newbie

- the exchange rates are indeed more favourable than credit card exchange rates. i have purposely charged some on normal credit card to compared against the rates they changed with my sgd in the ewallet

- i can return with 0 of the foreig currency at end of the trip. I manage the usage and exchange of the foreign currency until so precise that i don't have grouses like past trips of return with some loose notes or coins or the foreign currency

- cash withdrawal at overseas atm still incurs commission. i think during the time of sign up i read somewhere there is no commission charged at all even for atm. whether i remembered wrongly or they amended the T&C thereafter, i am not motivated to take cash through them and hence i still need to go back to the money changer for small amounts of cash

- the youtrip app design and interface handling performance deposits and refunds is counter intuitive. some hotels or car rentals will charge us deposit at time of engagement but will refund/cancel deposit at end of it. the app interface page doesn't show such transactions although the wallet balance did increase

- the response from the app cso and and singapore office cso handling the above hitch was also very lacking. it created a lot of misunderstanding and anxiety for me, until i made the trip down to hertz in person and clear up the air with them

in summary, i generally like this youtrip card and app. but there are some bugbears which created anxious moments which new users should learn from my debacle. i will continue to use it though given the favourable rates and my improved understanding of where is the pitfall of the app which will greatly reduce my anxiety and misunderstanding.

Cash withdrawal fee SGD 5 or equivalent

↡ Advertisement