YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

Great. Thanks.

So what is the "exchange" option in the app used for if it does the conversion for you?

yes, it gives u the exchange amt at that point in time

i must say they had all the areas covered

no withdrawal of $$ from sg ATMs, lest ppl trf from cc and get hard cash hahahaha

I'm definitely sold and my pals all eager to get on too

↡ Advertisement

Got the card last week. A (stupid) qns to ask the bros here. I frequent 2 online shops, one in Jap and another in US. If I top up both currencies in my card, how does the card does it deductions? I assume if I pay in yen, it will deduct the amount available in yen right?

you can top up in both currency and use it to purchase from different country online shop, but the problem is you will have balance in those currency.

Alternatively just transfer to the SGD and let them do the spot rate conversion and deduct from there.

you can top up in both currency and use it to purchase from different country online shop, but the problem is you will have balance in those currency.

Alternatively just transfer to the SGD and let them do the spot rate conversion and deduct from there.

Can meh? I can oni topup into sgd, no other options

Can meh? I can oni topup into sgd, no other options

After looking through, I think you can. if you think the exchange rate is good. You can buy and store in the card for future use.

The thing is I don't know how the card will deduct with multiple currencies inside. My assumption is that if the charge is in yen, it will deduct the yen in your card. If not, it will deduct and exchange from your SGD wallet. I might try this out with aliexpress later tonight.

Just used the YouTrip on Amazon.com last night to order a hardcover medical textbook. Saved quite alot when compared to Amazon currency conversion options. Just need to be abit careful to check that the Usd option is selected before clicking the final checkout. 

But I changed sgd to usd in YouTrip just  before checkout. Maybe next time just let YouTrip auto convert for me. 

you topup and it will enter your sgd wallet

when you pay in that currency they deduct the amount from the sgd wallet, converted by the equivalent foreign currency amount

for eg, you but sth usd$30

they deduct usd$30*1.37 = sgd$41.1

from the wallet

if you had $50sgd initially,m you will have sgd$8.9 left

attachicon.gif64530E73-800A-4C3C-BED6-F16B7EF28A44.png

Just used the YouTrip on Amazon.com last night to order a hardcover medical textbook. Saved quite alot when compared to Amazon currency conversion options. Just need to be abit careful to check that the Usd option is selected before clicking the final checkout. 

But I changed sgd to usd in YouTrip just  before checkout. Maybe next time just let YouTrip auto convert for me. 

yes, must select the USD option....

and leave as usd in the youtrip option too.

whats the difference ah bro?  8c?

since it was convert at the same time as the transaction, like LPPL?? got diff?

I was worried if not enough USD in the wallet and Youtrip don't auto convert for me....transaction fail? Noobie... [:p]

I already have some USD in the wallet but not enough for the total sum I am going to charge in Amazon. So in that case I am not sure if Youtrip will convert my SGD up to the exact balance of USD required?

since it was convert at the same time as the transaction, like LPPL?? got diff?

I was worried if not enough USD in the wallet and Youtrip don't auto convert for me....transaction fail? Noobie... [:p]

I already have some USD in the wallet but not enough for the total sum I am going to charge in Amazon. So in that case I am not sure if Youtrip will convert my SGD up to the exact balance of USD required?

they will use the USD first then concurrently take from the SGD acct.  Happened to me b4...

you noob hahaha

I tried, doesn't work. still got the 3% service charge. They force overseas users to use the alipay/CC payment route.

Still figuring how to top up alipay account with credit card.

going to try for a small purchase in taobao.

I tried, doesn't work. still got the 3% service charge. They force overseas users to use the alipay/CC payment route.

But in Alipay you add another acct

Add the MasterCard acct

Alipay treats the card as another cc direct debit

i'm not trying to avoid the service charge. just hoping for a better exchange rate.

seems quite significant.

I've been using SCB CC for TB as i get 1.5% off all spending with the card. 

So just now my exchange rate was 5.01 RMB to 1 SGD (today's spot rate is 5.03)

I bought some items prior before the wkend, my SCB exchange rate was varying from 4.84 to 4.85 RMB to 1 SGD (spot rate then was about 5.02)  -_-

Edited by Lala81

Add the MasterCard acct

From my understanding, i don't think there's any simple way to get past the service charge unless u are PRC chinese or have PRC based alipay account. Whatever lah, buying stuff is about convenience, can save with simple way like this youtrip method, that's great. Anything too convoluted, not say buying thousands of dollars of goods, screw it  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

From my understanding, i don't think there's any simple way to get past the service charge unless u are PRC chinese or have PRC based alipay account. Whatever lah, buying stuff is about convenience, can save with simple way like this youtrip method, that's great. Anything too convoluted, not say buying thousands of dollars of goods, screw it  [laugh]

hahhaa

no effort lah

anyway case in point, saved abt $200 in exchange rate since i started on this youtrip thingy

can you top up Alipay account with non-china credit cards?

Add the MasterCard acct

can you top up Alipay account with non-china credit cards?

My alipay acct direct link to my cc
↡ Advertisement