Reckless Cyclist

Brock

Twincharged

Still $20 niah. [laugh]

If cyclists cycle recklessly or ........

It means in general if cyclists cycle recklessly (be in on the roads, pedestrian walkways or overhead bridge)...... $20 niah.

So better to cycle on the road? IIRC if bicycle knock down pedestrian on pedestrian walkways the fine is higher and can get jail some more if the pedestrian got injured. But on the road always the driver's fault. lol.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Sure or not? bicycle knock down pedestrain on the road, driver's fault? If no driver around how? [confused]

On the road most of the accidents is between a car and bicycle.

• Praise 1

Pretty much as expected. Moron driver. No need to horn there. Cyclist turning right from turning lane. Why horn? Other than to push him out of the way.

agree. horn happy people are really a joke.

But the amtk is silly to use his body to get his message across.

• Praise 1

agree. horn happy people are really a joke.

But the amtk is silly to use his body to get his message across.

Great post / username combo here!!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/remember-the-cyclist-who-taunted-driver-at-ophir-rd-while-cutting-across-lanes

Remember the cyclist who taunted driver at Ophir Rd while cutting across lanes? Here's the video

Posted on 08 December 2014 | 4,273 views | 22 comments

You've probably read the story of a cyclist taunting a driver while cutting across lanes during the morning rush-hour traffic on Wednesday -- now see the video.

The video, circulating online, shows the cyclist weaving in and out of traffic and staring repeatedly at the driver behind, seemingly in an attempt to challenge her.

The driver in question is Ms Huang, 35, who recounted the episode to Lianhe Wanbao.

The clip shows Ms Huang's car driving along Ophir Road at around 9am.

After passing Raffles Hospital, the cyclist in office wear -- long-sleeved shirt and pants -- is seen riding in front of the car and cutting across four lanes, despite there being other vehicles on the road.

He also cycled right in front of her car, causing Ms Huang to jam on the brakes.

• Praise 5

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/2-arrested-for-suspected-involvement-in-illegal-street-cycling-race-at-tanglin

2 arrested for suspected involvement in illegal street cycling race at Tanglin Halt Rd

Posted on 09 December 2014 | 2,027 views | 13 comments

Two men have been for their suspected involvement in promoting and organising illegal racing activities along Tanglin Halt Road on Nov 29.

The vehicles used in the race will also be forfeited, the police said in a statement today. Investigations are ongoing to establish the identities of other participants of the event.

If convicted, the two suspects who have been arrested face a jail term of up to six months and a fine of between $1,000 and $2,000, reports AsiaOne.

In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, the suspects, 28 and 39, face a jail term of up to 12 months and a fine of between $2,000 and $3,000.

The Straits Times reported on Dec 7 that 32 cyclists took part in an illegal street race named HolyCrit that was held along Tanglin Halt Road at around 11.15pm on Nov 29.

The participants raced at speeds above 45kmh on single-speed bikes without brakes, the report said.

A police spokesperson was quoted as saying that the two Traffic Police officers who arrived about half an hour into the event did not find signs of a race.

"The cyclists were still milling around and taking photos at the location, but dispersed after being told to do so by the police," The Straits Times said.

• Praise 7

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/2-arrested-for-suspected-involvement-in-illegal-street-cycling-race-at-tanglin

2 arrested for suspected involvement in illegal street cycling race at Tanglin Halt Rd

Posted on 09 December 2014 | 2,027 views | 13 comments

Two men have been for their suspected involvement in promoting and organising illegal racing activities along Tanglin Halt Road on Nov 29.

The vehicles used in the race will also be forfeited, the police said in a statement today. Investigations are ongoing to establish the identities of other participants of the event.

If convicted, the two suspects who have been arrested face a jail term of up to six months and a fine of between $1,000 and $2,000, reports AsiaOne.

In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, the suspects, 28 and 39, face a jail term of up to 12 months and a fine of between $2,000 and $3,000.

The Straits Times reported on Dec 7 that 32 cyclists took part in an illegal street race named HolyCrit that was held along Tanglin Halt Road at around 11.15pm on Nov 29.

The participants raced at speeds above 45kmh on single-speed bikes without brakes, the report said.

A police spokesperson was quoted as saying that the two Traffic Police officers who arrived about half an hour into the event did not find signs of a race.

"The cyclists were still milling around and taking photos at the location, but dispersed after being told to do so by the police," The Straits Times said.

Am surprised that the "illegal street racing" the charge (instead of something like obstruction, or arranging an event without a permit) but on consideration it is actually quite logical.

Blocking road without approval is rather serious.

Good that they organise event for the sport they like though - just a shame they go about it the wrong way

• Praise 3

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/organiser-of-illegal-holycrit-street-explains-his-actions-and-issues-apology

Organiser of illegal 'Holycrit' street explains his actions and apologises

Posted on 12 December 2014 | 690 views | 3 comments

This article is contributed by the Stomp Team.

Two men have been arrested in relation to the incident.

The man who allegedly organised the illegal bicycle racing event along Tanglin Halt Road has issued a formal apology and explained his intentions behind organizing the event.

Said avid cyclist and bike shop owner Eric Khoo:

"Firstly, I would like to formally apologise to all that our event and organiser have caused distress to and those whom have unknowingly broken the law due to their participation.

"We fully intend to take the responsibility for such actions.

"Secondly, I would like to thank everyone who has rendered his or her support to us throughout this event was held.

"I am sure many people are aware of the rising trend of riding a Fixie. I own a humble shop that sells Fixie.

"It is actually a type of bicycle called Fixed Gear and is used in Olympics Track Cycling event.

"Through the years, more and more people are switching to this type of bicycle and even dispatchers in US are using them to help get through tight gaps between cars and avoid traffic jams.

"Every year these hardworking dispatchers host an event to race with each other for the title of The Fastest Rider in their region/state. This was how Criterium was born.

"It is now know by the world as an extreme sport. Like all other extreme sports, it is dangerous.

"In 2013, I got to know a group of passionate riders who wanted to have an event of their own which expresses their love for this street sport that Singapore hasnt caught on.

"No doubt we are aware that its all wishful thinking as it would require the effort of moving mountains to make it happen. However for me, I only have that 1 goal. That 1 goal is to move these mountains.

"The very first time HolyCrit was held, it was in 2013, in a heavy vehicle carpark in Yishun. Each time the event is held, I make sure to scout the place numerous times to find out the time period when traffic is at its lowest and held the event during these time periods.

"The first time I host this race I receive mixed response consisting of excitement and fear. Riders were excited because of the yearning they have to attend the race.

"Similarly, they are also fearful of the danger it brings. However after explaining the rules and things to look out for, the riders came to understand the race and were all pumped up for the race. In order to make this race safe, I found a few volunteers to help out, have them equipped with batteries powered torchlights or signal sticks and walkie-talkies to communicate and got them to stand guard at various checkpoints set up.

"We made sure that the riders do not obstruct the traffic and cause hindrance for motoring vehicles that passes by the route of the race. Although there were a few minor accidents between cyclists, there were never any injuries so severe they need medical attention.

"Lastly, I would like to make a reiterate the fact that I do not gain any monetary benefit from organizing this race. This event was never meant to be a marketing stunt for my shop.

"Hosting an event in Singapore is not an easy feat no matter monetarily or physically. All resources used in this event were either sponsored by my friends with the same passion or myself.

"The registration fee of this race is $10 and the whole proceed will go to the winner of the race as a form of reward and encouragement for the winner. We did not receive any monetary sponsors that benefit the organiser.

"Due to the first event being a huge success, more sponsors were willing to contribute to the race to encourage the participants not to give up their passion.

"I would like to emphasis that our sponsors are not aware that at the time of the race, we did not seek approval from the Traffic Police. For this, I sincerely apologise to our sponsors.

"HolyCrit has already become an event loved by thousands, and even have supporters from riders in Malaysia and Indonesia. I hope that in the near future we could reach out to riders in Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines. I hope that I can continue this event in a legitimate and legal way in future.

"Once again, I am deeply apologetic for causing inconvenience for everyone even though they helped me out a lot and really a big thank you for those who helped me in the process of moving these mountains.

"P.S. I am not good with my words, please pardon me if my thoughts have in any way offended you".

• Praise 7

Cyclist on zebra crossing accident with comfort taxi. Cyclist should dismount and push when crossing the road. Always check and never assume vehicles will stop for you. In addition, drivers/riders approaching zebra crossing must slow down and prepare to stop for pedestrian/cyclist.

Jurong Tiger [sRD Community]

more on www.sgreckless.com

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/bicycle-and-taxi-collide-at-zebra-crossing

Bicycle and taxi collide at zebra crossing

Posted on 21 December 2014 | 234 views | 3 comments

A cyclist collided into a passing cab at a zebra crossing in Singapore.

A video of the incident was recorded on the dashboard camera of a car that was behind the cab when the accident occurred.

The clip was subsequently posted on Singapore Reckless Drivers.

It shows that the cab barely slowed down at the zebra crossing, while the cyclist also failed to look out for oncoming traffic at the junction.

• Praise 11

Turbocharged

What is the cyclist thinking? No one in the right mind will not slow down approaching a crossing let alone seeing a taxi coming!!!

• Praise 3

Both @ fault.

Taxi should stop.

Motorised cyclist should stop.

No. Taxi should slow down to check for pedestrians but it is the cyclist that should have dismounted to push his bike.

• Praise 2

No. Taxi should slow down to check for pedestrians but it is the cyclist that should have dismounted to push his bike.

That's why both @ fault loh. With this bideo, taxi would bear 60% of the fault as it does not stop to check for pedestrians.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1