Golden Mile Complex going enbloc SAD SAD SAD

alfakidz85

so news alrdy announced Golden mile complex will be gone for good soon. more than 80% of owners voted in favor for the en bloc sale. iconic landmark. never fail to remind me of hk whenever i see it. No more mookata,no more green curry.  [shakehead]

Golden Mile Complex, a familiar landmark with its eye-catching stepped terraced design, is going en bloc, but the news has been met with dismay from heritage and architectural experts.
Some 724 owners of 550 units have signed the agreement. This makes up 80.83 per cent of the total share value and around 85 per cent of the total area of lots there. This meets the required approval of 80 per cent. The notice of the proposed en-bloc sale is dated Aug 3.

post-165495-0-42981400-1534125558_thumb.jpg

post-165495-0-22438400-1534125636_thumb.jpg

post-165495-0-22853100-1534125734_thumb.jpg

https://mustsharenews.com/golden-mile-complex/

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/golden-mile-complex-gets-more-than-80-per-cent-votes-from-owners-to-launch-en-bloc-sale

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Dont worry lah

Many developments also voted yes to enbloc sale but after 10yrs still not sold.

Your favourite Thai shops will be around for quite a while

• Praise 1

Lots of run down cheap rent commercial spaces nearby. The thai food places will move there n a new chapter begins

so news alrdy announced Golden mile complex will be gone for good soon. more than 80% of owners voted in favor for the en bloc sale. iconic landmark. never fail to remind me of hk whenever i see it. No more mookata,no more green curry.  [shakehead]

attachicon.gifgolden_mile_complex_cover.jpg

attachicon.gif1424293104_e3bd6da7ec_b.jpg

attachicon.gifgoldenMileFeature-1024x538.jpg

https://mustsharenews.com/golden-mile-complex/

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/golden-mile-complex-gets-more-than-80-per-cent-votes-from-owners-to-launch-en-bloc-sale

huh? where got successful? 80% voted in favor means they agree to put it up for sale.

put up for sale means there will be a buyer and confirmed sale?

• Praise 2

huh? where got successful? 80% voted in favor means they agree to put it up for sale.

put up for sale means there will be a buyer and confirmed sale?

Seems like Little Thailand will be sticking around for quite some time.. No buyers leh..

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/more-30-en-bloc-tenders-closed-without-buyer-year-none-successful-after-july-cooling

• Praise 4

The residents there carry out voting without any buyer?  [confused]  Anyway, even there is buyer also good la, this building is old and run down. Better to tear it down and rebuild.

The residents there carry out voting without any buyer? [confused] Anyway, even there is buyer also good la, this building is old and run down. Better to tear it down and rebuild.

This is how all enbloc sales are carried out la.

The voting is to decide if you wanna sell or not. How to find a buyer even before you decide if you want to sell?

Golden Mile Complex, a familiar landmark with its eye-catching stepped terraced design, is going en bloc, but the news has been met with dismay from heritage and architectural experts.

How I wish these heritage and architectural experts have the money to walk the talk. Buy over the enbloc and preserve whatever that they talk about preserving....  :D

• Praise 1

The residents there carry out voting without any buyer?  [confused]  Anyway, even there is buyer also good la, this building is old and run down. Better to tear it down and rebuild.

I agree that this building is very run down.. All the spalling concrete and cracks everywhere in their basement carpark is a sight to worry. I cannot help but think that the Nicoll highway collapse has got some detrimental effects on GMC. Maybe not fatal, but definitely affected the building. Maybe @kdash @RCTP can correct me if I'm wrong?

• Praise 1

I agree that this building is very run down.. All the spalling concrete and cracks everywhere in their basement carpark is a sight to worry. I cannot help but think that the Nicoll highway collapse has got some detrimental effects on GMC. Maybe not fatal, but definitely affected the building. Maybe @kdash @RCTP can correct me if I'm wrong?

Correct lo, not only this golden mile complex. Any old and run down building is good to tear them down and rebuild, this apply to HDB flats as well.

Seems like Little Thailand will be sticking around for quite some time.. No buyers leh..

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/more-30-en-bloc-tenders-closed-without-buyer-year-none-successful-after-july-cooling

The article is about en-bloc for residential building, not sure whether mixed commercial and residential building en-bloc is consider in the reports and also the green light was just given meaning the tender for sale hasn't been submitted yet.

Compare it with Oxley Rise... -_-  

I prefer to preserve Golden Mile Complex, my icon since 70's ... :we-all-gonna-die:

More peoples can share one location .... :ignoring:

The article is about en-bloc for residential building, not sure whether mixed commercial and residential building en-bloc is consider in the reports and also the green light was just given meaning the tender for sale hasn't been submitted yet.

Yeah... See how it goes lor.. But with so many vacant plots around and no buyers, means the cooling measures has taken its effect?? Not too sure about properties but seldom hear SG got lots of vacant land (en bloc) but no takers leh.

Yeah... See how it goes lor.. But with so many vacant plots around and no buyers, means the cooling measures has taken its effect?? Not too sure about properties but seldom hear SG got lots of vacant land (en bloc) but no takers leh.

en bloc not equal to vacant land lor...  if the sales doesn't goes through mean the existing owners will still be staying there lor..

• Praise 1

I agree that this building is very run down.. All the spalling concrete and cracks everywhere in their basement carpark is a sight to worry. I cannot help but think that the Nicoll highway collapse has got some detrimental effects on GMC. Maybe not fatal, but definitely affected the building. Maybe @kdash @RCTP can correct me if I'm wrong?

dont know the details, but there should have been some inspections before Golden Mile Complex was cleared after the Nicoll Highway collapse. in any case, can always have regular inspections on the structural integrity of the building...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2