• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 18 praises

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:01 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just transfer my Ice to my new car. The installer mention that my Dego speakers going to up lorry soon.

Any recommendation of speakers ? Should I go 3 way active ? Currently is 2 way active with 8850 HU. Steg 4 channel and Rockford 2 ch amp . Using Alpine sound processor and with varadium rainbow sub.soundproof both front and back door . Rear door with coxial speakers

Thinking of either upgrade to 3 way and change sub to active sub or just change a better 2 way component speakers.

Any recommendation ?

If change to 3 way , budget for speakers and active sub about 1k
Or change 2 way comp speaker budget at $500

1 Anonymous member praised this
-------------------------------------------------------------
Power Is Nothing Without Control, Its The Driver Not The Car
why list all mods?

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

2way and 3way sound profiles are different. in general, 3ways may sound better, but some may like 2 ways over 3ways.
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

maybe you would like to try listening to a car with 3way first?
Roverboy praised this

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the advise.. need to find someone with 3 way setup to listen.
why list all mods?

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if you go 3 way and intend to go active ( i saw you have the alpine processor, which model), u'll need 2 more channels

factor in intallation ( A pillar or you car is somehow 3 way ready in oem location)

3 way will kick a 2 ways ass. but it comes with its own hassle .

so depends on how deep you wanna go :)

Cheers!

********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys, just wanna check if those speaker from Amazon worth buying ? Like JBL , MB quartz, Rockford and infinity

Infinity PR6500CS Primus 6 1/2" Component Speaker System
MBQUART
4.1 out of 5 stars 27 Reviews
MB Quart DC1-216 Discus 2-Way Car Component Speaker
Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6.5" Car Audio 2-Way Component
Infinity Reference 6500CX 6-1/2" (165mm) two-way car audio component
Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-SE 240W 6.5" Punch Series Euro Fit Compatible 2-Way Component System

Now I am using Dego 2way component speakers
why list all mods?

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:56 PM

benoit16
  • Premium member
    benoit16
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys, just wanna check if those speaker from Amazon worth buying ? Like JBL , MB quartz, Rockford and infinity

MBQUART
Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-SE 240W 6.5" Punch Series Euro Fit Compatible 2-Way Component System

I bought jbl 609c speakers from Amazon. good and value for money!
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:58 AM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

MBQUART

generally, yes, more worth it if you buy on Amazon or even on eBay. You can get brands not sold here. =)

you might also want to check out car audio forums such as diymobileaudio as well.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanksn but I am not sute if those meniton are better than Dego speakers
why list all mods?

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanksn but I am not sute if those meniton are better than Dego speakers

hmm.. it is a tough question. audio is a very subjective thing. i would classify the speakers you listed as entry to lower-mid tier speakers.

more importantly, you need to set a budget, know what kind of sound profile you are looking for (warm neutral bright), set your expecrations, etc

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Budget about 400 to 500 ..
why list all mods?

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Budget about 400 to 500 ..

which dego range were you using?

********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:54 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not too sure what model but I bought from foon .
why list all mods?

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Find a Dynaudio dealer and listen to their demo speakers

and if your dego speakers sound better buy another set of

dego.  [thumbsup]

:D

If cannot find Dynaudio dealer then just try PHD.

If your dego speakers sound better buy another set of

dego.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jamesc, 20 August 2018 - 07:35 PM.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

did it come in a wooden box?

long time back when foon was at macpherson, i saw the dego reference series 2 way there

THAT was an awesome speaker. which part spoil?

give me money...

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:30 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My steg amp got problem. Intend to get from Amazon Rockford Fosgate P600X4 Punch 4-Channel Amplifier cost about $474 sing dollar .
Also looking Focal PS 165 6.5" 160 Watts RMS 2-Way Performance Series Component Speakers System at Amazon cost $350 sing.

Is it worth to get from Amazon ?
why list all mods?

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My steg amp got problem. Intend to get from Amazon Rockford Fosgate P600X4 Punch 4-Channel Amplifier cost about $474 sing dollar .
Also looking Focal PS 165 6.5" 160 Watts RMS 2-Way Performance Series Component Speakers System at Amazon cost $350 sing.

Is it worth to get from Amazon ?

heya

never really ordered car audio equipment from amazon.

If it saves u a ton, its all good :) 

just hope no DOAs or shipment gets damaged in transit..

give me money...

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:47 AM

tzxuan90
  • tzxuan90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

for 1k, i double you can get a decent 3 way together with sub

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:51 AM

GS418
  • Premium member
    GS418
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Needed some advice. Driving a Renault Grand Scenic 4 and intending to do some moderate upgrades to my ICE for better enjoyment (not an audiophile).

This was suggested by a workshop after some discussion:

1) HU - Remain as stock (due to many integrated functions)

2) Replace both front and rear stock speakers with Rainbow SLC6.2 component speakers (so that rear passengers also gets enjoyable music, not just driver and front passenger)

3) Add a basic active sub under driver seat.

4) Sound proofing and door sealers to all 4 doors.

5) Still considering a DSP+Amp unit.

Damage for S/N 1 to 3 is 1.9K with install + tuning.

Like to seek comments!

Edited by GS418, 18 December 2018 - 01:54 AM.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

giraffey99
  • Premium member
    giraffey99
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Needed some advice. Driving a Renault Grand Scenic 4 and intending to do some moderate upgrades to my ICE for better enjoyment (not an audiophile).

This was suggested by a workshop after some discussion:

1) HU - Remain as stock (due to many integrated functions)

2) Replace both front and rear stock speakers with Rainbow SLC6.2 component speakers (so that rear passengers also gets enjoyable music, not just driver and front passenger)

3) Add a basic active sub under driver seat.

4) Sound proofing and door sealers to all 4 doors.

5) Still considering a DSP+Amp unit.

Damage for S/N 1 to 3 is 1.9K with install + tuning.

Like to seek comments!

Sound is subjective. Have you listened to the Rainbow Speakers before? Is the sound and its quality acceptable to you?

The main thing first is to set a comfortable budget and lists down your main objectives/purpose of upgrading before considering what to do next.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by wenzhao96  |  Neutral Newbie

Best Sounding Speaker I've ever heard.

This speaker totally changed how a music in car should sound like. The surround, the clarity and the bass was fantastic.

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MrLun  |  Neutral Newbie

Esatto Comado Speaker

Just upgraded my car with Esatto Comado CO-S6 2 way component speakers. Was using another German Brand speaker and after the upgrade, I could listen to the fine details of the tweeters with batter clarity. The vocal qualities was much warmer... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Coaxial Speakers, Component Speakers

Quick Reply

Tags: ice, budget, 3way, upgrade and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users