UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

Great comeback win by Man United who downed PSG 3-1 in Paris (agg 3-3, United win on away goals).

An injury time pen goal by Rashford sealed the win after 2 Lukaku goals. A really fine performance by the Red Devils as they were injury hit.

Porto beat Roma 3-1 in extra time (agg 4-3). A VAR awarded penalty was the winner.

Hope Pool n City can complete a clean sweep for UCL sides next week and also Arsenal n Chelsea in UEL as well!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Great comeback win by Man United who downed PSG 3-1 in Paris (agg 3-3, United win on away goals).

An injury time pen goal by Rashford sealed the win after 2 Lukaku goals. A really fine performance by the Red Devils as they were injury hit.

Porto beat Roma 3-1 in extra time (agg 4-3). A VAR awarded penalty was the winner.

Hope Pool n City can complete a clean sweep for UCL sides next week and also Arsenal n Chelsea in UEL as well!

ha ha... so indeed the saying that the ball is round, is correct.

Who would have thought that PSG, after spending the billions over the years, and winning by 2 goals from away leg, will lose 1-3 at home...

Spurs and Utd sure did England proud, both clocking away wins. If Pool can do the same, it would indeed be impressive.

It has been a long time since the English flag flew high in Europe. If they can put up a strong showing, that might start tilting the balance of power from Spain to England - esp with RM seemingly going through a rough patch (of likely a few seasons i hope).

• Praise 1

Hope Utd play this well against City.

:D

• Praise 3

Who would have thought that PSG, after spending the billions over the years, and winning by 2 goals from away leg, will lose 1-3 at home...

Spurs and Utd sure did England proud, both clocking away wins. If Pool can do the same, it would indeed be impressive.

It has been a long time since the English flag flew high in Europe. If they can put up a strong showing, that might start tilting the balance of power from Spain to England - esp with RM seemingly going through a rough patch (of likely a few seasons i hope).

Yes totally unexpected as I believe no team has come back from a 0-2 home deficit before n coupled with the fact that Herrera, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Martial all missing don’t think this was possible at all. That said United got lucky with the VAR penalty cos abit difficult to give a penalty in real time and also contentious to say if it was intentional or not.

Yes I’m excited that it could be the start of EPL dominance of this competition as im abit tired of the 2 Spanish giants dominating. Good luck EPL clubs

• Praise 3

Yes totally unexpected as I believe no team has come back from a 0-2 home deficit before n coupled with the fact that Herrera, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Martial all missing don’t think this was possible at all. That said United got lucky with the VAR penalty cos abit difficult to give a penalty in real time and also contentious to say if it was intentional or not.

Yes I’m excited that it could be the start of EPL dominance of this competition as im abit tired of the 2 Spanish giants dominating. Good luck EPL clubs

Buffon twice losing finalist, jinx for PSG?

• Praise 1

Hope Utd play this well against City.

:D

Not to worry. United is a football team, Not a fishing team, so they will not kelong!!

• Praise 3

If time he call it a day.

I think the 2nd goal his fault.

He spill the shot.

And lukaku kio tio

Saw the highlights of the PSG vs Man U game and man, the goal from PSG was a gem, very well worked out, swift and deadly leaving the goalkeeper no chance at all.

• Praise 1

In the world of football yes. In the world of football punting is also yes to ‘who would have thought ‘.

Chelsea took a big step towards the last 8 of the UEL with a 3-0 win over Dynamo Kiev but Arsenal went down 1-3 at Rennes. The precious away goal may still get Gunners thru though as they are strong at home. Some of the other favourites like Napoli, Valencia n Villarreal all won as well.

• Praise 3

Chelsea took a big step towards the last 8 of the UEL with a 3-0 win over Dynamo Kiev but Arsenal went down 1-3 at Rennes. The precious away goal may still get Gunners thru though as they are strong at home. Some of the other favourites like Napoli, Valencia n Villarreal all won as well.

pity Caballero.........

hudson gonna leave next season for free.

chelsea keep him to use as sub for minor cup game for 1/2 more season

and lost 50m.

not only hudson, i suspect r.l.cheek , ampadu gonna request to leave soon also

it seem the only chance they will start a game is in leag and FA cup.

if they cannot even start in europa vs smaller team,

and chelsea make UCL next season,

sarri even more wont start them

• Praise 1

I thought his performance was bad. He looked like he was slow in both of the goals.

• Praise 1

pity Caballero.........

hudson gonna leave next season for free.

chelsea keep him to use as sub for minor cup game for 1/2 more season

and lost 50m.

not only hudson, i suspect r.l.cheek , ampadu gonna request to leave soon also

it seem the only chance they will start a game is in leag and FA cup.

if they cannot even start in europa vs smaller team,

and chelsea make UCL next season,

sarri even more wont start them

If not mistaken, Ampadu n Loftus Cheek are on longer term contracts hence they might be slowly integrated and so I believe they will be kept even if they ask to go as Chelsea needs home grown players to fill the required quota.

As for Hudson Odoi, this is a major problem for the Blues as his contract is running down n yes they might have missed a chance to sell him at a good price but then again I suppose Chelsea don't want to be seen as a selling club and so this sends out a message to buying clubs as well as to their youth players that they are not to be trifled with but yes it comes at a price.

Willian n Pedro played well for Chelsea n this sort of justifies Sarri's faith in them but I do see your point that this UEL offers the younger players a chance to play but then again, this trophy is their other chance to qualify for UCL. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3