UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

spurs got a number of inj coming in,

and poch complaining about the number of games already .

i think they will start to regret not bringing in more players start of season

Ya despite the denials by Levy n Pochettino that no signing was perfectly fine, it’s really starting to show that it’s not fine if they r honest about it n aggravated by the fact that Spurs had so many players who went to the last 4 of the WC n thus are knackered. Can’t help feel this might cost them a top 4 place if not careful.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

So finally the telcos Singtel n Starhub got the rights for UCL/UEL in place n I think Mio even showing some Championship games which they did previously as well. So credit to them for addressing some of the grouses of us football fans though Mio still not showing Serie A, La Liga.

Anyway, back to the action over the next 3 nights highlight of which shld be Spurs v Barca n Napoli v Pool. Messi against EPL team is always a challenge for him n playing at Wembley, this shld be a treat

i don believe they deserve any credit. they enticed ppl to signup by dangling football channels as one of the main attractions. so it is only right that they hv these channels every yr. n when they lost the rights....i dont believe there was any announcement as many were caught off guard that they couldnt watch UCL, serie a n the cups. they tried to keep it quiet n still charge subscribers to the same exorbitant amount.

so for them to get back the rights to telecast, it is the minimum that we should expect from them.

Totally agreed! Quite a few sports channels like setanta/rugby, eleven sports n Eurosports channels also gone quietly so yes u right they don’t deserve any credit.

Haha I try to be nice after ranting at them 2 weeks back n like a child who got back his toys, I’ve been bribed again

• Praise 2

Anyone knows if this is a one year deal or a 3 year deal?

Have to go through all this uncertainty every year?

:D

Very good question. I’m also trying to find out for how long this is for?

Seems their announcement didn’t mention.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Totally agreed! Quite a few sports channels like setanta/rugby, eleven sports n Eurosports channels also gone quietly so yes u right they don’t deserve any credit.

Haha I try to be nice after ranting at them 2 weeks back n like a child who got back his toys, I’ve been bribed again

• Praise 2

wat a bad week for english team in UCL.

spurs in real danger or making the group stage,

2 games 0 pts

Ya an anti-climax for EPL teams as both Spurs n Pool lost plus United’s draw yesterday meant only City won. So much for EPL teams superiority n Messi showed his class with 2 goals. Pool’s loss was a shock even though Napoli is flying high in Serie A

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Messi was absolutely breathtaking against spurs

scored 2 goals, hit post twice, sprayed passes all over finding his teammates, central to Barca's attacks...

Suarez also played well with 2 excellent dummies for Messi to score :D

Anyone knows if this is a one year deal or a 3 year deal?

Have to go through all this uncertainty every year?

There is an article in today’s ST quoting a Singtel chief digital officer mentioning that the deal is for 3 yrs but EPL deal ends at end of this season so we in for another round of uncertainty I’m afraid.

• Praise 4

Man United lost to Juventus 0-1 at OT this morning in CR7 homecoming. A gulf in class as though scoreline was narrow, it was not that close frankly. JM asking for more $ to fund more signings!

JM admitted the backline of Bonucci and Chiellini was so experienced and almost impossible to penetrate and late on Barzagli came on to reinforce the famed Italian BBC back 3!

City won 3-0 at Shaktar and RM got back to winning ways beating Victoria Plzen 2-1.

• Praise 4

Man United lost to Juventus 0-1 at OT this morning in CR7 homecoming. A gulf in class as though scoreline was narrow, it was not that close frankly. JM asking for more $ to fund more signings!

JM admitted the backline of Bonucci and Chiellini was so experienced and almost impossible to penetrate and late on Barzagli came on to reinforce the famed Italian BBC back 3!

City won 3-0 at Shaktar and RM got back to winning ways beating Victoria Plzen 2-1.

JM put in the same exact team that play chelsea.

i think that draw give him false believe that this setup is their best.

this game with juv bring them back to earth, totally outplay.

• Praise 1

Actually I like their front 3 of Martial, Rashford n Lukaku. Pogba behind Lukaku and Matic as DM is also OK but they were up against solid Italian defence and Juventus had 2 outstanding players in CR7 and Dybala upfront so they are no slouch and in fact the Italians r one of the favourites besides RM, Barca, PSG, Pool n City as the 6 bookmakers favourites to win the UCL!
  • Praise 5

before we starting rubbing salt, the reality is that Juventus is pretty strong this season. CR7, Dybala..  their front 3 will rival most of the top sides in Europe this season. 

For Utd, they have Martial, Lukaku and Rashford. also good players but none are considered worldclass or crunch game players.  

The consolation is that despite the loss, United still sit pretty in the group. 2nd with 4 points... 

• Praise 4

before we starting rubbing salt, the reality is that Juventus is pretty strong this season. CR7, Dybala.. their front 3 will rival most of the top sides in Europe this season.

For Utd, they have Martial, Lukaku and Rashford. also good players but none are considered worldclass or crunch game players.

The consolation is that despite the loss, United still sit pretty in the group. 2nd with 4 points...

Martial cost 57m and Lukaku 80m. If they are not world class does that mean Utd over paid?

Or worse bought the wrong type of players?

The problem for Utd is they change managers too fast.

A new manager comes in and spends a lot of money on players to suit his style.

He then gets sacked and a new man gets rid of all the old players and spends another fortune on players to suit his style.

Utd should break this pattern and sign Jose on a 10 year contract and give him 500 m to get things right.

• Praise 1

Martial cost 57m and Lukaku 80m. If they are not world class does that mean Utd over paid?

Or worse bought the wrong type of players?

The problem for Utd is they change managers too fast.

A new manager comes in and spends a lot of money on players to suit his style.

He then gets sacked and a new man gets rid of all the old players and spends another fortune on players to suit his style.

Utd should break this pattern and sign Jose on a 10 year contract and give him 500 m to get things right.

overpaying and world class quality is probably 2 different issues altogether. 

If Utd has the money and want to overpay for less than world class players, who are we to stop them? They have really deep pockets.

• Praise 1

overpaying and world class quality is probably 2 different issues altogether.

If Utd has the money and want to overpay for less than world class players, who are we to stop them? They have really deep pockets.

Utd have the illusion of deep pockets.

They borrowed millions and interest payment will be a big problem for them.

Pool fell to a 0-2 defeat at Red Star Belgrade n put their qualification to the k/o rounds in jeopardy. Away to PSG n home to Napoli are now must wins for them. Pool squad not as strong as I initially thought as with a few players out, they looked wobbly n tired.

Spurs came back from a goal down to beat PSV 2-1 at Wembley n to keep their faint hopes of qualifying alive. Next up is a must win game against Inter Milan at home.

• Praise 5

Pool fell to a 0-2 defeat at Red Star Belgrade n put their qualification to the k/o rounds in jeopardy. Away to PSG n home to Napoli are now must wins for them. Pool squad not as strong as I initially thought as with a few players out, they looked wobbly n tired.

Spurs came back from a goal down to beat PSV 2-1 at Wembley n to keep their faint hopes of qualifying alive. Next up is a must win game against Inter Milan at home.

like u say , the UCL will really test the team squad depth.

if the same player play 2 games per week mth in mth out, confirm ko sooner or later

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2