• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Jasyu
  • Premium member
    Jasyu
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Experts this may have crop up many time but i need some advice here.

My current setup is a semi-passive 3 way speaker for the front and coaxial for the rear back speakers. I have an amplifier driving all of them togther with an 8 channel processor. Was wondering if upgrading the back speakers to component would have a significant difference to the surround sound, According to articles on the web it mentioned that you should not use component for the back as it may affect the sound stage and imagining of the sound as the back speakers are more like a filler or support for the front speakers. However i believe it is under the assumption that there is no dsp. Having a dsp should be able to solve that issue?

Your thoughts guys, component or to stay as coaxial.

Please healthy discussion please, I believe we are here to learn and share knowledge. Cheers

BabyBlade praised this

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

waste money

the car environment is never an audiophile ideal room or even close to it

if you have a reasonable set, just how much more money you need to pump in to get marginal improvements

if I were you seriously listening to music, I would invest in a home audiophile where you spend more time on than in your car.
Reo and Doppel praised this

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:12 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My current setup is a semi-passive 3 way speaker for the front and coaxial for the rear back speakers. I have an amplifier driving all of them togther with an 8 channel processor. Was wondering if upgrading the back speakers to component would have a significant difference to the surround sound, According to articles on the web it mentioned that you should not use component for the back as it may affect the sound stage and imagining of the sound as the back speakers are more like a filler or support for the front speakers. However i believe it is under the assumption that there is no dsp. Having a dsp should be able to solve that issue?

Please healthy discussion please, I believe we are here to learn and share knowledge. Cheers

Hi there,

if you have a full DSP setup, i would just leave the rear fill empty.

But if you absolutely need rear fill ( kid, movies etc).

pros and cons:

Component speakers : more expensive, harder to install ( have to find location for tweeter).

If you want to control the rear fill further , more channels needed from the DSP etc. 

Coaxial: Cheaper, cheaper to install.

If you are after better sound ( ie concerned about the sound stage), ditch the rear fill :)

If die die need rear fill, go with coaxial :)

Cheers!

ChaosMyth praised this
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Jasyu
  • Premium member
    Jasyu
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi there,

if you have a full DSP setup, i would just leave the rear fill empty.

But if you absolutely need rear fill ( kid, movies etc).

pros and cons:

Component speakers : more expensive, harder to install ( have to find location for tweeter).

If you want to control the rear fill further , more channels needed from the DSP etc. 

Coaxial: Cheaper, cheaper to install.

If you are after better sound ( ie concerned about the sound stage), ditch the rear fill :)

If die die need rear fill, go with coaxial :)

Cheers!

Hi thanks for the sound advice very well analysed, that seems to be the consensus. But recently been seeing quite a number people install component at the back too, installation is indeed an issue need to find the correct mounting location which may means need pods. My current backfill is already coaxial on dsp so the component can just replaced it if needed. But I guess if really go down the road the tuner have to really good.

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I am a home audiophile and good ICE for cars is just as important, though I am not an expert on ICE. Mine is a co-axial for the rear back speakers. To me no need spend money so much for the rear speakers. Usually, lovely music played comes from the front and it sounds so much better. Spend more on front speakers, good amp and add-on a subwoofer. It brings your music to another level and I enjoy my drive so much. If no ICE it is so boring. I like my music warm, smooth and with a heavy bass.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:08 PM

kylemart
  • kylemart
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

both coaxial & component are perfect for your car. But it depends on the model and the power source you have. All about technical parts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

tzxuan90
  • tzxuan90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

for me, its always components that its better.

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

Silviasam
  • Silviasam
    Banned

It depends on the model and the power source you have. All about technical parts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Heheapa
  • Heheapa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I think it also depends if you are driving a big van or passenger car. Component speaker for the back probably overkill for normal size car.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JosephAng_210639  |  Neutral Newbie

Impressive DSP with Bluetooth and Built in Amp

Initially went down to Audio image to do sound proof for door. Due to itchness, tested the ICE system. I was an ICE enthusiast when i was in my 20s. My car boot space was totally used for ICE. As i am a father of 2 now, I told them my requ... » Read More

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers

Esatto Comado CO-S62 Component Speakers  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by wenzhao96  |  Neutral Newbie

Best Sounding Speaker I've ever heard.

This speaker totally changed how a music in car should sound like. The surround, the clarity and the bass was fantastic.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Coaxial Speakers, Component Speakers

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, kiacomponent, coaxial and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users