• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
113 replies to this topic | 364 praises

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

Guysmokey
  • Premium member
    Guysmokey
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

last year my new car was coated (i paid over $1k for it) by one of the more reputable coating companies. Car was only 2 days old when it was coated.

6 months later, there were scratches on the boot surface, and water marks on boot, roof and bonnet. The applied hydrophobic effects on the windscreen is also gone. I sent the car back to touch up.

Another 8 months later, I had to respray certain panels because I cannot take the scratches. Yup, some ppl scratched my car. But besides that, I have many lines near the door handle, and lines on the bonnet and boot. I've never put anything on them.

The guy who repainted my car told me the water marks on my car very bad. I told him cos I park outdoor daily, thats why I know. I did coating to prevent, also cannot. I have to send it back to be re-coated.

So after 1 year 2 months of ownership, I don't think I get what I paid for. Maybe coating is not suitable for people who park outdoors. 

Am I the only one who feels that coating was over-rated? Or it has limited capabilities when it comes to handling the harsh weather, especially for people who park outdoors. What could be a better solution? (besides clean the car everyday! haha)

Beregond and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

last year my new car was coated (i paid over $1k for it) by one of the more reputable coating companies. Car was only 2 days old when it was coated.

6 months later, there were scratches on the boot surface, and water marks on boot, roof and bonnet. The applied hydrophobic effects on the windscreen is also gone. I sent the car back to touch up.

Another 8 months later, I had to respray certain panels because I cannot take the scratches. Yup, some ppl scratched my car. But besides that, I have many lines near the door handle, and lines on the bonnet and boot. I've never put anything on them.

The guy who repainted my car told me the water marks on my car very bad. I told him cos I park outdoor daily, thats why I know. I did coating to prevent, also cannot. I have to send it back to be re-coated.

So after 1 year 2 months of ownership, I don't think I get what I paid for. Maybe coating is not suitable for people who park outdoors. 

Am I the only one who feels that coating was over-rated? Or it has limited capabilities when it comes to handling the harsh weather, especially for people who park outdoors. What could be a better solution? (besides clean the car everyday! haha)

May I know who wash your car? and how often?

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You always go to a car wash is it?

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:48 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Its not about who or how he wash his car. TS is expressing that the expensive coating did not protect his paintwork

Volvobrick and Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coating no use if you wash your car at those petrol kiosk. Cause confirmed there would have scratches on your car paint.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Its also no use if you park outdoors and it rains.....and you never wipe off the rainwater on time,

Coating no use if you wash your car at those petrol kiosk. Cause confirmed there would have scratches on your car paint.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your car must be black or dark-ish coloured. You cannot get such colours if you are parking outdoors often. Get silver. You don't have to waste money on what coating or spend time polishing.

But another factor is the quality of the paint you have to considered too. From experience I find that Japanese car paint coating thin and not lasting.

Edited by Watwheels, 17 August 2018 - 01:00 PM.

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    4th Gear
    Author Image

so at the end of the day it seem we buy car in order to SERVE the car.. 

Philipkee, Albeniz and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

0.002mm coating protection cant last even one month under outdoor parking.

That's why mostly must send back for touch-up or call it maintenance.

Our hair is already 0.100mm thick.Cant even protect your head.what do you think?

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

PPS is good business you know....So many such shops in Singapore. Mobile ones also have. Somemore can coat without correcting paintwork first. He super NO.1

Our hair is already 0.100mm thick.Cant even protect your head.what do you think?

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

Guysmokey
  • Premium member
    Guysmokey
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I wash it myself once a week. That's how I noticed all the scratches.

Like wat RogerNg_185295 said, I now feel that all these coating are overrated.

Seems like now they have a "stranglehold" on me that I have to go back to them to maintain. DIY wax myself, I waste the money. 

Sorry if this thread sounds gloom, but I'm thankful to every bro's reply here. I'm quite certain my next car, I will just wax more regularly myself. At least I can still claybar or polish.

My car is indeed dark-coloured. 

Volvobrick, Fat_slayer, Bros and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I wash it myself once a week. That's how I noticed all the scratches.

Like wat RogerNg_185295 said, I now feel that all these coating are overrated.

Seems like now they have a "stranglehold" on me that I have to go back to them to maintain. DIY wax myself, I waste the money.

Sorry if this thread sounds gloom, but I'm thankful to every bro's reply here. I'm quite certain my next car, I will just wax more regularly myself. At least I can still claybar or polish.

My car is indeed dark-coloured.

Is it ceramic pro?

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

PPS is good business you know....So many such shops in Singapore. Mobile ones also have. Somemore can coat without correcting paintwork first. He super NO.1

Don't blame them.

Everyone out just for a living.

Blame Singapore car too expensive.Even a BB car cost 70k above.

This is my country,this is my land,this is my car.lol.........

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Like what SKTan said, cost of car ownership in Sg is too heavy until one would rather hurt himself cos he will heal than to see his car scratched. Learn to let go and the car is meant to serve you for 10 years. Its part and parcel of ownership to get scratches, marks of all kinds, dings, and chips. 

Albeniz and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don't blame them.
Everyone out just for a living.
Blame Singapore car too expensive.Even a BB car cost 70k above.
This is my country,this is my land,this is my car.lol.........

Blame them for giving consumers unrealistic expectations

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If cannot tahan, then respray once a year the bonnet/trunk.  Will cost less than the 1K coating I think.

RogerNg_185295 praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:10 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Like what SKTan said, cost of car ownership in Sg is too heavy until one would rather hurt himself cos he will heal than to see his car scratched. Learn to let go and the car is meant to serve you for 10 years. Its part and parcel of ownership to get scratches, marks of all kinds, dings, and chips. 

No matter how well you maintain your car, the car also only last for 10 years. Lol.

Albeniz praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Washing can introduce scratches depending on the method and equipment used.

PPS is not perfect,  it is just another sacrifical layer.

Use the newer generation of spray on wax for another sacrificial layer.

Maddriver and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No matter how well you maintain your car, the car also only last for 10 years. Lol.

That's a pretty long time

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

Johnnylim
  • Premium member
    Johnnylim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

[laugh] Can like tat compare meh?

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Supremo Car Detailer

Supremo Car Detailer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ax_co  |  Neutral Newbie

Send my car for grooming recently was happy with the end product. They offer reasonable and affordable pricing package. Willing to always go extra mile for their client! Anyone looking to send their car for detailing, please consider Supremo Car Detailer. Their work will definitely impress you! » Read More

PCI Auto Air-con Pte Ltd

PCI Auto Air-con Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Remylee  |  1st Gear

My car is due for servicing, was being recommended to PCI auto by my friend who has been using their services for quite sometimes. The mechanic was recommending me this comma engine which is not so well known in the market. Was at first quite hesitated to try, but the merchant explains to me clearly on the benefits of it in a no hard selling way, cause I am totally no c... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Paint Protection

Quick Reply

Tags: coating, watermark, scratches and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users