Coated, still getting water marks and scratches

Guysmokey

I usually take car grooming as a form of exercise.

My car is cleaner, I exercise my arms and save money at the same time.

I wash 2 cars every weekend. Take it as exercise and, most importantly, "me-time" away from my nagging wife.
  • Praise 2

After reading so much into this topic ...... I feel like we have become slaves to our 10 year rental ..... we can spend time and money doing better things in life and family , I just wash my car with one of my old cotton T-shirt’s or singlet ..... after 6-7 years of dings and dangs and scratches .... just respray same colors cost only less than $800/-

• Praise 5

After reading so much into this topic ...... I feel like we have become slaves to our 10 year rental ..... we can spend time and money doing better things in life and family , I just wash my car with one of my old cotton T-shirt’s or singlet ..... after 6-7 years of dings and dangs and scratches .... just respray same colors cost only less than $800/-

No need to bother so much on the exterior of the car. Since like you said, our car is just 10 year rental. Also car is parked and used outside, confirmed would prone to scratches, dents and dirt, just simple wash can liao. Lol.

• Praise 1

I wash 2 cars every weekend. Take it as exercise and, most importantly, "me-time" away from my nagging wife. ð

I send you one more car so you get even less nagging.

:D

• Praise 1

Why you still hide which pps company you go to? Is there honesty on your part?You trying to smoke us?

I happen to agree with him not to mention the company.. not sure why u brand him dishonest. I also agree that PPS is not effective against water marks.
  • Praise 6

the purpose of the discussion is the expensive coat and not the company doing it.

if the company is mentioned, all hell break lose and people start calling for legal action here and there.

That adds no value to the discussion.

• Praise 4

I just use this about $12 a bottle.

Finished the 500ml bottle after 2 years

and the car looked new when I scrapped

it after 10 years.

5016366199949.png

• Praise 4

I happen to agree with him not to mention the company.. not sure why u brand him dishonest. I also agree that PPS is not effective against water marks.

After rain, still must wipe dry . If never do so, water spots will still form. Must be on the ball Edited by RogerNg_185295

Problem is some of these groomers using some cheapo products with so called in-house brand charging a premium.

• Praise 1

I also paid for a 9H coating from one of the advertiser in MCF. My car is sent for quarterly maintenance by the merchant.

There was once 2 bird droppings landed on my bonnet. I went back to that merchant but he said cannot remove totally. He mentioned only 80% types of bird poos can be removed. Asked where did I go!!!! I don’t understand what is 9H paint protection then.

I decide never to be conned by these type of false advertisement again..

My conti car is over 9 years old and was treated at VKool using free $500 voucher after several years of ownership. Bird poo for about 1 day does not leave any stain before or after the surface treatment on the light coloured paint. However, the treatment does make washing easier. My conclusion is the original paitwork contributes >95% to the durability, and up to 5% improvement by using coating or surface treatment.

Good to hear feedback from more pioneers who did 9H/ceramic/glass/diamond coating. Old school wax plus sealant can last 5mth.  Did your 9H coating last twice as long?   

My ride is fast coming to 3 years old. I think i had done the coating on my ride for 2.5 years already. I will say there are some light, deep scratches and also water marks. However the water flow off the car's body with ease during rain and car wash. I believe there will be more water marks on my ride if not for the coating done as i do park in the direct sunshine during working hours.

↡ Advertisement