2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Dear bros. I have never driven a suv before (but have driven many vans for work). In general , would it be right to say that the more elevated the vehicle the more floaty in tendencies?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Latio,

Guess forester 2019 is not exactly flying off the shelves ....

Bad biz sentiment and many ADs lelong as well as current pricing and this no solar film on windscreen are not helping despite lower COE prices.

Audi A3 1.4l at 116k must be one of lowest in recent mths/years or if SUV, Harrier Turbo at 130k are just some examples ... bad timing to launch and expect premium I guess with same low OMV but yet no longer vfm pricing.

Also din help that it is primarily of same outlook and no more turbo forester to help.

Cheers.

Richard

Probably MI is still selling the old Forester and buyers find it more VFM.

My friend just bought the old Forester during the expo sales. Got his COE yesterday. 

• Praise 1

Dear bros. I have never driven a suv before (but have driven many vans for work). In general , would it be right to say that the more elevated the vehicle the more floaty in tendencies?

Hi Deep,

Affirmative .. higher center of gravity.

Higher end cars do better I guess with more sophisticated suspension setup not unlike a honda jazz and a golf.

Foresters probably is more so with more compromise on the tarmac road as it is designed for terrain .. too stiff and it would be disastrous up and down undulating surfaces.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Latio,

Guess forester 2019 is not exactly flying off the shelves ....

Bad biz sentiment and many ADs lelong as well as current pricing and this no solar film on windscreen are not helping despite lower COE prices.

Audi A3 1.4l at 116k must be one of lowest in recent mths/years or if SUV, Harrier Turbo at 130k are just some examples ... bad timing to launch and expect premium I guess with same low OMV but yet no longer vfm pricing.

Also din help that it is primarily of same outlook and no more turbo forester to help.

Cheers.

Richard

Yes we can also see that excitement level drop in this thread compared to pre-launch of the new Forester. Some buyer maybe in confuse state whether to go for New or Old Forester and that will be solved only once old FNA sold out ;)

Due to high price with same OMV buyers may start looking for other options like Mazda CX5, Tucson, Harrier etc.

i have a strong feeling that once old FNA sold out MI will try best to bring New forester under Neutral VES band by tuning engine, change some specs here and there same like Toyota did for most of their Models. 

Once they hit back Neutral VES band, it will also fly off the shelves :)

• Praise 3

Yes we can also see that excitement level drop in this thread compared to pre-launch of the new Forester. Some buyer maybe in confuse state whether to go for New or Old Forester and that will be solved only once old FNA sold out ;)

Due to high price with same OMV buyers may start looking for other options like Mazda CX5, Tucson, Harrier etc.

i have a strong feeling that once old FNA sold out MI will try best to bring New forester under Neutral VES band by tuning engine, change some specs here and there same like Toyota did for most of their Models. 

Hi Mann,

Could be but I believe flying off the shelves will not be the situation.

Looking back at 2014+ series, there were certainly some forester fna owners but strong aided by forester xt and it became more prevalent on the road only because of lelong of fna from mid 2017 till date with the impending forester 2019.

With such pricing model vs extremely low OMV and the complexity of getting back to neutral VES of already not a quick SUV, the odds are against them ... coupled by more recognition that all subaru cars now equipped with eyesight cannot fix solar film on windscreen ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Mann,

Could be but I believe flying off the shelves will not be the situation.

Looking back at 2014+ series, there were certainly some forester fna owners but strong aided by forester xt and it became more prevalent on the road only because of lelong of fna from mid 2017 till date with the impending forester 2019.

With such pricing model vs extremely low OMV and the complexity of getting back to neutral VES of already not a quick SUV, the odds are against them ... coupled by more recognition that all subaru cars now equipped with eyesight cannot fix solar film on windscreen ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

I believe this will turn off many potential buyers.

Either that or they void MI warranty.

• Praise 1

I believe this will turn off many potential buyers.

Either that or they void MI warranty.

Hi Dach,

Void of MI warranty to me is minor and but void of claim by insurers is major shit ...

Not sure if it is MI's standard handling but one bro shared that MI will now install solar film on windscreen but buyer was asked to sign disclaimer ..lol ! Fortunately, buyer walked out and also booked the mazda 6 like me.

Cheers.

Richard

Yes we can also see that excitement level drop in this thread compared to pre-launch of the new Forester. Some buyer maybe in confuse state whether to go for New or Old Forester and that will be solved only once old FNA sold out ;)

I am waiting

I can do without the eyesight, just reduce the price and give me the solar film: our type of weather how can do without.

Edited by GoodCar
  • Praise 2

Ves just being a nuisance here

Who agrees with me??

It's just another silly tax providing more money to pay million dollars salaries.

It's just another silly tax providing more money to pay million dollars salaries.

Hi Dach,

Actually hor ... 2400 or 0.3% of 800k tax payers earns more than $1.5kk/yr in 2017.

You can go to this site to check out percentile of income of the total number of 800k tax payers:

https://www.salary.sg/2017/compare-your-annual-income-2017/

Not sure how many but do not believe there are much more than 100 that pay $1.5kk salary in govt services ... the rest of 2300 of them are parking their lambo and silver shadows at marina bay office carparks or their bukit timah houses.

Yes, it surprises me also that singaporeans earn that kind of $ ... to make it to top 5% or 40000 earners, you need to make $270k as an individual and not household income.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

According to SgCarMart information, the old FNA Forester fuel consumption is 15.3 km/l but the new FNA Forester fuel consumption is only 13.5km/l. This is paper FC, actual FC might be lower. Even if they can tune the VES banding I doubt can do much improvement for the FC.

• Praise 1

According to SgCarMart information, the old FNA Forester fuel consumption is 15.3 km/l but the new FNA Forester fuel consumption is only 13.5km/l. This is paper FC, actual FC might be lower. Even if they can tune the VES banding I doubt can do much improvement for the FC.

Official Subaru Singapore website also indicates new forester higher FC

Fuel consumption
All-New Forester 2.0i-L Eyesight - 7.4 L/100km
Forester 2.0i-L                              - 6.5 L/100km
Forester 2.0XT                             - 8.5 L/100km

https://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/vehicles/compare/?reg=sg&lang=en&mod=newforester

• Praise 2

I am waiting

I can do without the eyesight, just reduce the price and give me the solar film: our type of weather how can do without.

Hi Goodcar,

Oops ... hot day today and uninformed new subaru car owners must be wondering why car is unbearably hot with burning sensation and "hip hip" ... cursing on poor solar film when there is none :(

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Hide,

Hard to compare an e class conti ride that cost about 2.5x of a forester.

Moreover, it is a sedan with low cg that reacts more accurately .. think of us walking on stilts.

As such, I am not surprised with your comments and guess you are driving a sedan and not familiar with good size SUV with such typical steering feel.

Nevertheless, this mentioned floaty characteristic which I believe resulted from inherent design to handle offroad terrain does means that you have a bit more of delayed response.

Currently driving 2008/9 Honda CRV, the sedan was rare occasion drive for a comparison of light steering. My CRV requires much resistance for the turn, but somehow i like how direct it feels, it will exactly react on any humps. Maybe it'll cause long time fatigue but.. subaru really doesnt have much force feedback and a non-linear steering experience..

• Praise 1

Currently driving 2008/9 Honda CRV, the sedan was rare occasion drive for a comparison of light steering. My CRV requires much resistance for the turn, but somehow i like how direct it feels, it will exactly react on any humps. Maybe it'll cause long time fatigue but.. subaru really doesnt have much force feedback and a non-linear steering experience..

Hi Hide88,

Got it but Honda is the best of the best Jap in handling leh but subaru awd is also ichiban .. dun worry and manmy available improvememt mods to transform stock car .. unlike boring mazda 6 especially this new FL one.

Cheera.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032